PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please : NSW Yearling Education

Love Of Courage
06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Hello Hello,

It would be very much appreciated if someone could please offer some advice regarding educating and preparing my 3 yearling colts for the Bathurst Ready To Run Sale on the 15th October.

I am considering nominating my 3 yearling colts, and I would prefer to send them from Brisbane to be educated and trained up ready for this sale by someone in NSW.

Any advice as to whom to contact that is very experienced and skilled in this department would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sue

mango
06-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi Love Of Courage

Have they been broken in and if so how long ago.

Love Of Courage
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello Mango,

The Artsplace colt has been broken in and has had a basic prep however the other two have not yet been broken in.

Regards,

Sue

mango
06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi Love Of Courage

If your thinking of the Ready to Run sale with the other 2 you would need them broken in already i would think but thats just my opinion. If you were to send them down anyway to be broken in and prepared for the sale you might want to get in contact with Josh Turnbull as he does a lot of breakers and pre training which is what you are looking for and he is based at Bathurst where the sale is you should give him a call and have a chat and see how you go. Sorry i don't have his number but if you ring the Bathurst club they will help you out there 0263314320.

David Summers
06-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Sue, for future reference can you let us know how you get on with this.

Zipper
06-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Rickie Alchin 0400122281 - Based at Menangle. Does an outstanding job breaking in horses.

David Summers
06-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks Zipper for the info.

mango
06-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Sue

What did you decide to do with your yearling's.

David Summers
06-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Yes, I've been wondering about that too :-)

Love Of Courage
06-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Hello Hello,

The advice that I received was very good. At this stage I am hoping that Brian McCall who helped with the 3 colts that I had for sale at the Brisbane APG, and who pre trained my 3 fillies will educate them. It is not certain at this stage but if he has the vacancies I would like him to look after them.

If he is unable I will follow the advice I received on this post. Brian is an excellent horseman and has plenty of patience with the youngsters which I appreciate.

I will post when I have made the final decision.

Thanks to all of you that replied the advice was very helpful !

Regards,

Sue

mango
06-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi Sue

I wish you all the best with them and keep us updated on there progress.