PDA

View Full Version : iPad on course and getting a flogging

triplev123
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
I've been meaning to post on this subject for a while now but I keep getting sidetracked.
The last time I was at the track there was a relatively young fella with an iPad in hand and he was furiously punting away via various sites...from what he told me the NSW & WA TAB's as well as Betfair. My how things have changed. He sat there in the grandstand most of the day and seemed to be betting like there was no tomorrow.

Bravo
06-09-2011, 02:55 PM
more of this should be encouraged generally racing authorities tmake it difficult for them to operate supply them with acess to an on course wireless facility DO ANYTHING TO GET SOMEONE TO TURN UP ON COURSE

David Summers
06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Absolutely, Bravo. Racing authorities need to constantly look around at what is happening in the "outside world" and improve their on-course options on an ongoing basis. Anything that can get more people to the track should be at least given a try.

Yes, triplev123 , things have certainly changed since I used to go to the track as a teenager with my few dollars in hand to punt ( I looked older than I was , so got away with it back then) . BTW, with all the technology he was using , did you notice that he was having any success?

triplev123
06-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Nah, just very impressed by his intensity and application to duty. I think he may have had it linked to/feeding through his mobile phone...?

King
06-09-2011, 09:48 PM
You can effectively use your iPhone as a modem to use the internet on the iPad.