PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Seymour's New Stallion

Richard prior
05-25-2015, 11:45 PM
Apparently Mr Seymour is in the process of purchasing a new Stallion from North America, It's all very hush,hush so let's have a little competition and see if someone can guess exactly who the mystery horse is, The couple of hints that I've been told are, The horse was a very fast 2 & 3yr Old and held a World Record at 3.

Gtrain
05-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Heston Blue Chip??

Danno
05-26-2015, 12:29 AM
Niatross???

Richard prior
05-26-2015, 12:32 AM
Heard he was coming Grant and Heston would work pretty good with Perfect Art and Fake Left mares.

Gtrain
05-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Very very strong dam side. Would people breed to a son of American Ideal? Soon to be seen I suppose.....

mango
05-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Heston Blue Chip??
Maybe to Victoria

Richard prior
06-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Hurrikane Kingcole

Messenger
06-09-2015, 02:48 AM
What do you think Rich?
A pretty useful juvenile that they continued to race at 4,5,& 6 to the detriment of his record - I am guessing some injury problems but if he 'screamed' definite sire potential wouldn't he have been off to stud at 4 (see link below)
A new Cam's Card Shark who will be a lot cheaper than Bettors
From a siring point of view, he is from Big Towners (and Able Bye Bye's) maternal family U10

http://stars.ustrotting.com/stallion.cfm?stallion_id=786

Richard prior
06-09-2015, 07:58 AM
It hasn't been announced but I'm sure it's him Kev, Mr Seymour has dropped a few hints along the way and I'm sure he's the one. No doubt the horse had some wicked speed, He went off stride in an elimination of the Nth American Cup and apparently they had a transponder attached to the horse on this particular night and after making up a massive amount of ground, His personal time was 1.46.1, There's a few articles and replays on Google. Pretty sure that Kevin has purchased this guy to cross with Mr Feelgood mares as his dam is by Western Ideal and the next dam is by Jate Lobell. Good Luck to Kevin but I'm going to put Hurrikane Kingcole on the wait and see list, There's another Cam's Card Shark stallion standing at a little farm in Victoria named Allspeed Hanover and in my humble opinion and in the price bracket, He would be my choice being a direct descendant to Three Diamonds.

Messenger
06-09-2015, 12:37 PM
I can see why you like ASH's dam line Rich - U7 has been sensational at producing sires and notice that ASH's dam is a sister to the $3.75M earning mare Eternal Camnation

Gtrain
06-10-2015, 12:29 AM
HKK sold for 10k as a yearling. That says a bit for mine.

Messenger
06-10-2015, 03:09 AM
It hasn't been announced but I'm sure it's him Kev, Mr Seymour has dropped a few hints along the way and I'm sure he's the one. No doubt the horse had some wicked speed, He went off stride in an elimination of the Nth American Cup and apparently they had a transponder attached to the horse on this particular night and after making up a massive amount of ground, His personal time was 1.46.1, There's a few articles and replays on Google. Pretty sure that Kevin has purchased this guy to cross with Mr Feelgood mares as his dam is by Western Ideal and the next dam is by Jate Lobell. Good Luck to Kevin but I'm going to put Hurrikane Kingcole on the wait and see list, There's another Cam's Card Shark stallion standing at a little farm in Victoria named Allspeed Hanover and in my humble opinion and in the price bracket, He would be my choice being a direct descendant to Three Diamonds.

To check out Kevin Seymour's idea of crossing HK with MrF mares I brought up a test mating for HK and the MrF mare Charming Allie. I can see that HK's dam sire Western Ideal and MrF's dam Best of Memories are ¾ siblings via Leah Almahurst and then there is the Jate Lobell and so it would be classic example of breeding the best blood of the sires dam back to him

Rock N Roll Heaven looks beautiful on paper with MrF mares for the same reason (particularly with Charming Allie whom I was using for my test)

mango
06-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Will there be enough MrF mare's to warrant binging HK out for that reason. With a huge amount of Cam Fella line mare's in Qld and Cam Fella being 3 back in HKK I thought they would look for another line stallion such as a Direct Scooter line. A stallion like So Surreal would be ideal, a double up of Direct Scooter a 1:49.4 2yr old before breaking a cannon bone and being a half brother to Well Said and out of a full sister to Glowing report stands for $2500 in the U.S and served 130 mare's his first year. This is just an observation and in saying that if Kevin Seymour does bring HK out I wish him all the best.