PDA

View Full Version : Winter!

DAZZA
06-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Big boys and girls all starting to warm up in Brissy. 4yo not too far away. Personally cant wait, LOVE Torque In Motion, cant wait to see her get tested for the first time since Aussie Oaks. Lanercost will be a very very short price fav. Deserves to be, won the Chariots in a canter, and the way he went last night he looks to be right on track. Still have my ? on him at 2100 in a crack field. Will be great to see. Blacks A Fake to go around, no Smoken Up, no Mr Feelgood, didnt think I'd get to see him again, let alone have a chance of winning a feature at Albion Park. Anyway whats everyone elses throughts ??

triplev123
06-09-2011, 06:04 PM
G''day Dazza,
I think some mates of mine are sending their filly Jenna's Highview up there for the Oaks.
She's fast, tough and she finishes her races off very strongly. I think she'll really like AP.

mango
06-09-2011, 06:07 PM
She need's to be all that and more if Courageous annie and Carabella turn up to race.

triplev123
06-09-2011, 07:22 PM
...and the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

mango
06-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I'll take that as a yes.

triplev123
06-09-2011, 07:58 PM
You may. :p She will be a FFA mare at 4yrs & beyond, no risk. They're going to get a lot of enjoyment out of her. Queen Of The Pacific/George Johnson/Princess Mile etc. Sorry for the choppy reply, drops in and out...freaking Tesltra or whoever.

mango
06-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I think she is a nice filly as well but i think what ever she does this year she will come back better for it next time in.

remington
06-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Hey triple very handy horse your mates have, I know a few young fellas from around wagga own a reasonably handy 3yold Il Tesoro that is racing in vic when talking to 1 of the owners he said they werent going to go because they thought it would just be to tough with thorns crew, annie and possibly carabella, Anyone know the programme for carabella yet or still TBA?

triplev123
06-09-2011, 11:58 PM
The strength of/depth to the 3yo fillies ranks is pretty amazing at the moment.
I find this especially satisfying because I've always liked the 2yo & 3yo fillies races and in terms of the 3yo Division's relative class from year to year... there have been times in the recent past when it was verging on the looney old relative who lives up in the attic that nobody talks about.

aussiebreno
06-10-2011, 12:57 AM
She must be better than Oscar !!

This might be a seperate point; but the 3yo fillies in NSW are pretty ordinary imo.

mightymo
06-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Im pretty certain Carabella is not coming to QLD, but irrespective of that Baby Bling is heading up. We cant just give the race to Dean! :):)

mightymo
06-10-2011, 02:20 AM
She must be better than Oscar !!

This might be a seperate point; but the 3yo fillies in NSW are pretty ordinary imo.

I think you are way off. In fact, i think it is an unbelievably strong crop racing there - Vertigal, Bainfield Washington, Baby Bling, Jennas Highview. If not for injury, Sheezallattitude would be included as well.

In any other year, any of those could be multiple Oaks winners by the end of the season

mango
06-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi Aussiebreno

I'd have to say it's not an ordinary group, i'd say we have 5-6 good fillies who are pretty even on ability and anyone of them with the right draw can win a nice race. I think over the years there's been 1-2 fillies standout above the rest which is not the case at the present time. Which i see as a good thing for racing and just not a one sided affair.

aussiebreno
06-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Mightymo; are you taking the urine? The top NSW fillies get beat up by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Lombo. Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington both finished behind them in the Vic and NSW Oaks. Baby Bling hasnt done anything :s, or anything 10 Victorian fillies haven't done. As for Jennas Highview...she got beat at Wagga in a 32 final quarter...now Wagga mightnt compare to Meadowlands or Menangle; but it aint quicksand either.
As for Sheezallattitude; I think the APG Heat cleared up who is better out of her and Aussie Made. The NSW Oaks had only 5 NSW runners in it; hardly a strong crop.
The only thing I can think of is you are looking at the times and forgetting they race at Menangle; and not Harold Park ;)

Name your fillies Mango? Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington are top 2 imo; if those two are in the same race its hard to see something else winning (Although the Raith Memorial proves me wrong there but then I go back to the Wagga 32 final quarter race). It isnt a bad crop; the Breeders Challenge will be an ok race but it doesnt compare to most years Vicbred in terms of class. If I wanted to watch a nice even race where everyone has a chance I'd go on Mario Karts 150CC or to Coolamon Trials. If I want to see the best 3yo fillies; I go to Melton!

mango
06-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi Aussiebreno

I'm comparing 3yr old fillies between themselves in n.s.w if you read my post, i didn't compare them to horses from other states. So in saying that there are no standouts for me and the fillies that Mightymo said are even on ability.

aussiebreno
06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes Mango, my first paragraph is aimed at Mightymo calling it an unbeleivably strong crop. My 2nd paragraph is about strictly NSW; I dont think they are much good at all. Arterial Way isnt much good and at the moment I see her making the final based on a win and third in the heats. The second part of my post was just me saying I'd rather the top horses dominate than 2nd rate horses put up a good show and a competitive race (which is just personal preference as I can see where you are coming from).

mightymo
06-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Mightymo; are you taking the urine? The top NSW fillies get beat up by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Lombo. Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington both finished behind them in the Vic and NSW Oaks. Baby Bling hasnt done anything :s, or anything 10 Victorian fillies haven't done. As for Jennas Highview...she got beat at Wagga in a 32 final quarter...now Wagga mightnt compare to Meadowlands or Menangle; but it aint quicksand either.
As for Sheezallattitude; I think the APG Heat cleared up who is better out of her and Aussie Made. The NSW Oaks had only 5 NSW runners in it; hardly a strong crop.
The only thing I can think of is you are looking at the times and forgetting they race at Menangle; and not Harold Park ;)

Name your fillies Mango? Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington are top 2 imo; if those two are in the same race its hard to see something else winning (Although the Raith Memorial proves me wrong there but then I go back to the Wagga 32 final quarter race). It isnt a bad crop; the Breeders Challenge will be an ok race but it doesnt compare to most years Vicbred in terms of class. If I wanted to watch a nice even race where everyone has a chance I'd go on Mario Karts 150CC or to Coolamon Trials. If I want to see the best 3yo fillies; I go to Melton!

what is your definition of NSW fillies - I agree that the NSW breeders Challenge fillies outside of Vertigal are very weak this year.

However, there are many other fillies based in NSW and I really do believe that in Rainbow Dasher(who i previously forgot)Bainfield Washington, Baby Bling and Jennas Highview are every bit as good now as 3yo's as Aussie made etc

Carabella in NZ and Courageous Annie in Aust are definitely the yardsticks for now

We will find out over the next few weeks....

aussiebreno
06-10-2011, 01:41 PM
NSW Breeders, and NSW based; they need as much they can get.
Vertigal and Bainfield Washington are the best two; and they both got told who's boss by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Annie. Rainbow Dasher and Jennas Highview go good and deserve spots in Oaks type races but aren't 'unbelieavable strong' highlighted by them not being able to win in a 32 final quarter at Wagga. Baby Bling has done nothing thousands of other 3yo fillies havent done in the last 10 years :s. Its just plain jane ordinary crop.

triplev123
06-10-2011, 01:53 PM
As for Jennas Highview...she got beat at Wagga in a 32 final quarter...now Wagga mightnt compare to Meadowlands or Menangle; but it aint quicksand either.

G'day Breno,

You might want to go back and watch the replay of that one. Pay particular attention to the drive of one A.G. Bucca aboard Rainbow Dasher. Also, the Kingston Town moment in the call from around the 400m where the bloke on the microphone notes the 1st three and then declares that "no one else can win..." and the eventual winner comes from 4 lengths off them and 6th. Love the early Crow. ;););););)

triplev123
06-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Vertigal and Bainfield Washington are the best two; and they both got told who's boss by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Annie. Rainbow Dasher and Jennas Highview go good and deserve spots in Oaks type races but aren't 'unbelieavable strong' highlighted by them not being able to win in a 32 final quarter at Wagga. Baby Bling has done nothing thousands of other 3yo fillies havent done in the last 10 years :s. Its just plain jane ordinary crop.

I look at the current 3yo fillies crop from the National come across the Tasman perspective and IMO it is VERY strong. State by State wise, maybe not so much. On a related note, the yet to be tested on the National stage but nonetheless aspiring killer is that wicked fast Yankee Sensation 2yo filly in WA, Sensational Gabby. She's got really effortless high speed and looks like a monster 5 for 5, 1:56 & a piece and 30k+ but it's pretty hard to get a line on the overall quality of her opposition.

mightymo
06-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I look at the current 3yo fillies crop from the National come across the Tasman perspective and IMO it is VERY strong. State by State wise, maybe not so much. On a related note, the yet to be tested on the National stage but nonetheless aspiring killer is that wicked fast Yankee Sensation 2yo filly in WA, Sensational Gabby. She's got really effortless high speed and looks like a monster 5 for 5, 1:56 & a piece and 30k+ but it's pretty hard to get a line on the overall quality of her opposition.

Overall, the current crop depth of 3yo fillies across Aust/NZ is as good as I can ever remember...

triplev123
06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Geeze....if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Wagga, NSW is The Meadows Pa. of the Southern Hemiphere. It's a God damned favourite's graveyard. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

mango
06-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Talking about Wagga Vertigal got beat today in a slow M.R of 2:05.1

aussiebreno
06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
G'day Breno,

You might want to go back and watch the replay of that one. Pay particular attention to the drive of one A.G. Bucca aboard Rainbow Dasher. Also, the Kingston Town moment in the call from around the 400m where the bloke on the microphone notes the 1st three and then declares that "no one else can win..." and the eventual winner comes from 4 lengths off them and 6th. Love the early Crow. ;););););)
In fairness to Alan Hull he didnt know Arterial Way was racing without a right rein that night! Bucca forgot the winning post is at the end of the home straight; not the start didn't he? I think thats right; but it was a long and bloody cold night that night.

aussiebreno
06-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah agree nationally.

Overall, the current crop depth of 3yo fillies across Aust/NZ is as good as I can ever remember...
Ive said it before and Ill say it again; nothing can beat the Oaxica Lass year for mine. The 1998 foals. It was sensational imo.

Geeze....if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Wagga, NSW is The Meadows Pa. of the Southern Hemiphere. It's a God damned favourite's graveyard. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:
Vertigal had never run that in her life, she is used to running 1 lap not 2.5 ;)

Talking about Wagga Vertigal got beat today in a slow M.R of 2:05.1
Vertigal is very hot and cold isnt she. Excellent third in the NSW Oaks; but then runs like that.

triplev123
06-10-2011, 08:16 PM
G'day Breno,
Slow early sectionals, track size and her own racing style have conspired to beat her.
I don't think she's at her very best...she's not seen at the peak of her powers...on small tracks and this especially so with a muddling pace on.
I think she's a big track horse and I say that's because of the way that she will just keep on coming at the end of her races.
On a small track with a short stretch you'll find that pretty much by the time she gets wound up and is really rolling all of a sudden the winning post is there. That happened today, inside of the last 20-30m she had just got to top gear but it was just a fraction too late. Another 20-30m or so and she wins it pretty comfortably. Run that same race on Menangle & she draws off by 10-15.

aussiebreno
06-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes the form line just doesnt stack up (stating obvious). One direct line is Arterial Way would have Sign of Sally at Wagga; then beat Sign on Sally despite doing all the work at Young (maybe Sign of Sally done some work as well or was unlucky I forget) and then Vertigal toyed with Arterial Way a fortnight ago.
I think you must be correct in what you are saying about Vertigal.

triplev123
06-10-2011, 08:53 PM
G'day Breno,
There's no real insight on my part, just rather painful experiences from years gone by.
We had (unfortunately she died) a lovely mare a few years ago now & she was as strong as an Ox...could go to the front or face the breeze...she loved to stare other horses down from out there... and she could pace 1:57s-1:58s 1:59's all day long for a mile & a 1/4 to a mile & a 1/2....but on the smaller tracks if she was driven in such a way that she sat back off them & tried to come home over the top with one sweep, unless they had gone absolutely beserk on the lead she could get herself beaten in 2:04 & look ordinary doing it.
We ultimately found that the bigger the tracks she raced on, the deeper in grade she got and the more up-tempo her races tended to become as a result, the better she raced.
It used to look a touch spotty at times because of bad draws in races run at a muddling tempo on half mile tracks but put her on a big track with the better ones and she came into her own.

Flashing Red
06-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Rainbow Dasher is being sent up to Qld for the Oaks. And for a bit of trivia - Mrs Bucca was one of my high school teachers! Small world! :)

DAZZA
06-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Since the day I seen Joyous Times get close toi Courageous Annie Ive had my doubts on here over 2100, (much like Lanercost) but I think she will run it out, however would be better served running along, even 30's. I think we may see darrel drive her more that way during the carnival. Not too up to speed on the interstate horses. Love Forever Gold, gives 110% but apparently shes had a few setbacks. Sat 3 wide solo with Caesars Folly on her back tho and beat a crack field. If shes right I'll be gunning for her.

harnesslover
06-14-2011, 08:10 PM
just been reading this post then watched a race at menangel where jennas highview was in.
i dont think her owners or trainer will be taking her to queensland based on that performance. she worked to the lead early, doing it easily and they ran along fairly slowly before tailling off finishing third, and 4th and 5th horses nearly beat her home.
baby bling will def be going based on her win but wasnt against much.
Looks like it will be a walk in the park for courageous annie in all the oaks up north!

mango
06-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I thought Courageous Annie went nice today and i think she will only improve the more she races.

mightymo
06-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Jennas Highview didnt lead. Erle Dale led, and Jenna sat in the breeze the whole race and battled on very well.

Im pretty certain she is still heading North.

Baby Bling is definitely going. It will be interesting to see how she measures up to Annie and others. I hope she silences a few knockers...:):)

harnesslover
06-14-2011, 11:25 PM
sorry i didnt explain that well, i meant to say death.
they still ran slowish time for those horses.
i would be very suprised if they took her to qld. although some people like to waste plenty of money on tripping there horses around in hope of winning.

DAZZA
06-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah Liked Courageous Annie today, Throught the little stablemate went massive also. Should be a interesting race. Courageous Annie has the raw speed and can hit the ground running faster than any other 3yo fillie around were as I think Forever Gold might stay a little bit the better. I cant see anything from interstate coming and worrying them. QLD are blessed at the moment. Great talent acros both sexes for the boys and girls.

mightymo
06-15-2011, 01:28 AM
sorry i didnt explain that well, i meant to say death.
they still ran slowish time for those horses.
i would be very suprised if they took her to qld. although some people like to waste plenty of money on tripping there horses around in hope of winning.

dont forget the track copped a deluge. All races were about 2 seconds slower than normal

triplev123
06-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes the form line just doesnt stack up (stating obvious). One direct line is Arterial Way would have Sign of Sally at Wagga; then beat Sign on Sally despite doing all the work at Young (maybe Sign of Sally done some work as well or was unlucky I forget) and then Vertigal toyed with Arterial Way a fortnight ago.
I think you must be correct in what you are saying about Vertigal.

G'day Breno,

You saw the real Vertigal last night. That's what I was waffling on about.
She's a big time, big $ race , big track filly. Half milers with 150m stretches are just not her scene.
Whilst on the subject of big...BIG CONGRATS to the Vertigal connections. Good fellas all and a well deserved win.

DAZZA
06-19-2011, 10:31 PM
After last night, I think I was wrong about Lanercost. Ran along at an even tempo and just left em for dead in the straight. 56 I think he went over the 2100. Going to be very very hard to beat in a few weeks time.

aussiebreno
06-19-2011, 10:51 PM
G'day Breno,

You saw the real Vertigal last night. That's what I was waffling on about.
She's a big time, big $ race , big track filly. Half milers with 150m stretches are just not her scene.
Whilst on the subject of big...BIG CONGRATS to the Vertigal connections. Good fellas all and a well deserved win.
Correct. Only listened on radio but by sounds of it she just went bang and put lengths on them.
Rest went ordinary though. 2.00 and the closest horse got 20m away and in the other heat they only went 2.02. Thats like 2.06 on a typical half mile track.

triplev123
06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
After last night, I think I was wrong about Lanercost. Ran along at an even tempo and just left em for dead in the straight. 56 I think he went over the 2100. Going to be very very hard to beat in a few weeks time.

Liked the call of that race. "Going...going....he's GONE! He's outa here Lanercost." :D:D:D

remington
06-20-2011, 12:13 AM
TATIJANA BROMAC for M.Purdon will be competing in the QLD oaks adds another one to the mix smart type i think she can match it with couragous annie (just my opinion)
http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=16266

DAZZA
06-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Purdon wouldnt send her if she wasnt going to be right in it.

mango
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Beautifully bred filly being by Rocknroll Hanover out of Tandias Courage didn't race as a 2yo and since starting her race career as a 3yo she has raced against the best in n.z and has aquitted herself well. I'd agree with you there Dazza i don't think Mark would be bringing her over if he didn't think she had a good chance. It looks like the Queensland oaks will have some exciting runner's from all over.

harnesslover
06-20-2011, 05:01 PM
its starting to look like a real contest! it will be interesting to see how Mark's filly goes against the locals. its always hard to measure them up.

harnesslover
06-24-2011, 06:55 PM
whats everyone tips for the big races at Gold Coast tonight?

David Summers
06-24-2011, 08:06 PM
For what it's worth-
Rosa Mach
Our Sixpence
Cody Banks
Courageous Annie

mango
06-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Jennas Highview didnt lead. Erle Dale led, and Jenna sat in the breeze the whole race and battled on very well.

Im pretty certain she is still heading North.

Baby Bling is definitely going. It will be interesting to see how she measures up to Annie and others. I hope she silences a few knockers...:):)

Hi Mightmo

Congrats on the win of Baby Bling last night, going into the race i had my doubts she would measure up to Courageous Annie and how wrong was i and what a super time a MR of 1:56 over 2100m. It make's the QLD Oaks look like a very ineteresting race next week.

mango
06-25-2011, 09:14 AM
For what it's worth-
Rosa Mach
Our Sixpence
Cody Banks
Courageous Annie

Hi Ozninja

Gee mate after your selection's last night you have joined me in the tip's department lmao, we might have to see how we go backing them at Menangle tommorrow and see if our luck can change for the better.

aussiebreno
06-25-2011, 11:04 AM
He deserved that for tipping against the champ!!!!

mightymo
06-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Mightmo

Congrats on the win of Baby Bling last night, going into the race i had my doubts she would measure up to Courageous Annie and how wrong was i and what a super time a MR of 1:56 over 2100m. It make's the QLD Oaks look like a very ineteresting race next week.

Thanks Mango.

I have always had a HUGE opinion of the horse and always been waiting for the day she can follow hot speed. Its what all the good Western Terrors can do. We needed luck and we got it. Im hoping a few fellow listers can wipe the egg off their face this morning...:):)

mightymo
06-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Breno ?????????

David Summers
06-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Correct , Mango.

Disastrous night. To top it off had a rather large bet on Has The Answers at Gloucester Park. The meeting was called off at the start of his race as the mobile could not accelerate away from the field with the shocking track conditions. Well, at least I got my money back here :-)

Terrible run by Courageous Annie. Anyone hear of any reports if there was a problem? She is so much better than that run showed.

BTW, as I have mentioned elsewhere , I do have some talents , but tipping winners has certainly never been my strong point :-(

Flashing Red
06-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Congrats Mighty Mo - well done on a deserved win!! :)

I must say however - Forever Gold went like a Monster. For the race to run in 1:56 for 2100m and to be in the death - and only get beat a couple of lengths by a horse who had a beautiful run and a beautiful drive (taking no credit away from the winner here, she ran the time and beat good horses) - what a filly that Forever Gold is. I really started to sit up and take notice when she beat the colts that time. How great it is for Kylie to have Forever Gold and ChaChing ChaChing. Well done. :)

David Summers
06-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Also , although the race was not full of top class 2YO's , I thought the run of Cha Ching Chaching was quite impressive. The person that named her , deserves a prize, great name indeed.

mightymo
06-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Gee mate after your selection's last night you have joined me in the tip's department lmao, we might have to see how we go backing them at Menangle tomorrow and see if our luck can change for the better.

Disastrous night. To top it off had a rather large bet on Has The Answers at Gloucester Park. The meeting was called off at the start of his race as the mobile could not accelerate away from the field with the shocking track conditions. Well, at least I got my money back here :-)

Terrible run by Courageous Annie. Anyone hear of any reports if there was a problem? She is so much better than that run showed.

BTW, as I have mentioned elsewhere , I do have some talents , but tipping winners has certainly never been my strong point :-([/QUOTE]

Annie was kicking the sulky which caused her to overace badly. Im sure that will be corrected for next week and we will have a nother great race with the addition of Vertigal, Tatjiana Bromac and Awaywith the fairies as well. I cant wait

David Summers
06-25-2011, 01:49 PM
"We needed luck and we got it. Im hoping a few fellow listers can wipe the egg off their face this morning" - mightymo

Yes, well done mo.

You are right, still wiping egg off my face after my hopeless tipping last night. Going into the meeting , I was reasonably confident. OK , will hope to do better , tomorrow is another day :-)

Bucky
06-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Silly Annie- she will be right, shes a fighter!

Flashing Red
06-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Also , although the race was not full of top class 2YO's , I thought the run of Cha Ching Chaching was quite impressive. The person that named her , deserves a prize, great name indeed.

It may not have been brimming with quality but it still had the APG and Seymour winners in it :) So they certainly weren't all slouches!!

Flashing Red
06-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Silly Annie- she will be right, shes a fighter!

I didn't think she went as bad as some people think? It was a very hard run to have - I'm sure she'll be better for it and will bounce back for the big one :) xo

aussiebreno
06-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks Mango.

I have always had a HUGE opinion of the horse and always been waiting for the day she can follow hot speed. Its what all the good Western Terrors can do. We needed luck and we got it. Im hoping a few fellow listers can wipe the egg off their face this morning...:):)
Firstly, I take it you are involved in Baby Bling? If so, congratulations and hope you can get the QLD Oaks as well.

Secondly, I think the fact she was at $14 and the other NSW fillies also started as outsiders shows that at the time of our prior discussion and up to 16 hours ago I was right so claiming last nights victory as a victory for NSW fillies being regarded as strong a few weeks ago isn't very moral.

aussiebreno
06-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Breno ?????????
At time of writing Baby Bling hadn;t won a 2100m race in 1.56...in fact she'd only just got beaten in 2.04 over 2500 by 13m. A bit of improvement in the formguide don't you think? As I said in prior post I think the starting odds suggested that.

montana
06-25-2011, 04:41 PM
unfortunately Annie is out for the rest of the year , hopefully she can get over her issues and will be racing again next year but we will make an assessment at the end of September and decide whether to keep spelling her or pick a stallion to send her too.

great race and the first 4 place getters went super , great drive by luke on the winner and the run of forever gold was amazing.

mightymo
06-25-2011, 06:59 PM
At time of writing Baby Bling hadn;t won a 2100m race in 1.56...in fact she'd only just got beaten in 2.04 over 2500 by 13m. A bit of improvement in the formguide don't you think? As I said in prior post I think the starting odds suggested that.

I hope you dont punt for a living:):)

The run you refer to over 2500M was actually a fantastic run on her part. The field settled in indian file that night and absolutely walked and we were the 4th horse on the fence. Came off the fence at the 1000M and faced the breeze in a 56 last half.

That run actually told us we had a very nice filly!

Im only having a bit of good natured ribbing... we all get things wrong. As a 2yo, I once described Amongst Royalty as a speedy squib. THe "squib" went on to win over 500K!!!!

mightymo
06-25-2011, 07:01 PM
unfortunately Annie is out for the rest of the year , hopefully she can get over her issues and will be racing again next year but we will make an assessment at the end of September and decide whether to keep spelling her or pick a stallion to send her too.

great race and the first 4 place getters went super , great drive by luke on the winner and the run of forever gold was amazing.

Thats terrible news about Annie. It was very obvious last night that something was troubling her. I hope you can fix whatever the problem is, as great horses like her deserve to grace our racetracks. She is far too young to be retired

Flashing Red
06-25-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. I know what its like to have talented horses go by the wayside - its heart breaking. Hopefully she gets sorted out - if she doesn't she does have that Group 1 mark next to her name, at least. Sorry again/ :(

mango
06-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi Montana

Sorry to hear about Annie, hopefully the break will do her good and she can by pass going to stud and come back and win some nice race's for you next year.

remington
06-27-2011, 03:27 PM
I Love that vertigal is going to queensland will add another dimension to the race. Really sad to hear about annie would of been a cracker of a race with her in it. Ill wait for the draws now before i put forward my tip. (still a soft spot to M.Purdon)

mango
06-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Queensland Oaks

1. Jennas Highview
2. Baby Bling
3. Zenyatta
4. Vertigal
5. Princess Avatar
6. Awaywiththefairies
7. Tatijana Bromac
8. Kiana Frances
9. Rainbow Dasher
10. Forever Gold
11. The Twilight Dancer

remington
06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
i think after last weeks race im going to go with forever gold, did alot of work last week and still punched on but there are 6 or so chances there that wouldnt suprise me if they won imo

mango
06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
I think 3,5,11 must be there to make up the numbers.

remington
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
harsh mango but im with you there, i noticed the 75k prize money really doesnt appeal to victorians add a few of them and it would be an amazing race

mango
06-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi Remington

It would be a great race if a few of the Vic fillies went up for the race and harsh maybe but being honest at the same time, you only need to go through and have a look at there form.

aussiebreno
06-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Thetwilightdancer is still an awesome oaks quality filly in any other year. It is just that NSW fillies this year is a gem of a crop. Zenyatta actually won at Penrith in 2.04.5 20 starts back. Amazing! This 3yo crop of fillies has no superlatives.

David Summers
06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
If the three are there to just make up the numbers and the owners are bored with them , I'll volunteer to take them off their hands:-) Not many owners even dream about having a filly good enough to be included in this field.

Seen posts like this before and sometimes the writer is scraping egg of his face for a week after the race. I don't think they are genuine chances myself , but they are there , so lets feel happy for a lot of lucky owners and wish them all the best of luck , as with all the owners.

mango
06-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi Breno

The Twilight Dancer, Zenyatta were both beat by 20m + last wkend by Vertigal and to me the Queensland Oaks is a better field than the 3yr old Breeders Challenge fillies final.

mango
06-28-2011, 04:39 PM
If the three are there to just make up the numbers and the owners are bored with them , I'll volunteer to take them off their hands:-) Not many owners even have a thought about having a filly good enough to be included in this field.

Thats true not many owners get a filly into an Oaks field but to get 3 is a good job, i wonder how many fillies nominated for the race and if you were going to put up fixed odds what would these 3 fillies be.

triplev123
06-28-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope you dont punt for a living:):)

The run you refer to over 2500M was actually a fantastic run on her part. The field settled in indian file that night and absolutely walked and we were the 4th horse on the fence. Came off the fence at the 1000M and faced the breeze in a 56 last half.

That run actually told us we had a very nice filly!

Im only having a bit of good natured ribbing... we all get things wrong. As a 2yo, I once described Amongst Royalty as a speedy squib. THe "squib" went on to win over 500K!!!!

Is there any reason why B. Sarina doesn't drive Baby Bling any more Mightymo? :p

mango
06-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I believe B. Sarina turned down the drive after his request for a beautifull lady to come with the horse lmao.

mightymo
06-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Is there any reason why B. Sarina doesn't drive Baby Bling any more Mightymo? :p

Luke has always been her driver. Ben only drove her( and all Luke's other horses) when Luke was away with Mr Feelgood in NZ and then also when Luke took Mach Wiper to Vic for the Vicbred final.

triplev123
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Ok. I mistakenly thought that a couple of laps worth of inspecting the sponsors signs at Penrith may have had something to do with his subsequent absence. :rolleyes:

aussiebreno
06-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi Breno

The Twilight Dancer, Zenyatta were both beat by 20m + last wkend by Vertigal and to me the Queensland Oaks is a better field than the 3yr old Breeders Challenge fillies final.
Teehee hehe my point :)

DAZZA
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Forever Gold went massive. Always liked her since she beat Caesars Folly few months back, 2100, 2600 wont matter to her in the future. Shes going to be a star. Courageous Annie, all went wrong, still think with the way Forever Gold went it would have taken her A+ game to beat her. Courageous Annie got Forever Gold beat in the end but thats racing.

Any throughts on the other big race this weekend... 4yo. Draw shapes it as a awesome race. Torque In Motion from the 1. She's another one, deadset freak. I think she CAN beat Lanercost. 2100 wont worry her. Cant wait, she should go around $3.50 with Lanercost being $1.20.

DAZZA
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Blackie has to get a mention. He's still got it, did it in a canter last week. Wouldnt put it past him to do the sunshine sprint / winter cup double. Who's going to beat him?

David Summers
06-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I can't remember the number of times I have written off Blackie as "over the hill" in the past . I'm tired of scraping egg off my face time and time again when he makes a fool of me , so looking forward to more tremendous efforts from him in those two features.

ramish
06-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Courage to Rule will pay $7 and beat them both with the Iceman in the bike

triplev123
06-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Mate, having seen Motu Crusader's last couple of outings that's a VERY big call.

mango
06-30-2011, 06:50 PM
As much as i'd like to see Courage To Rule win for one of my mate's who part own's him, i can't see him beating Lanercost who come's out of 5.

mango
06-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Mate, having seen Motu Crusader's last couple of outings that's a VERY big call.

Very nice horse Triple his last couple of runs have been huge and he is the main danger to Lanercost.

ramish
07-01-2011, 09:30 AM
3-0 CTR over Lanercost in big races including deathseating and destroying him in a 54.2 last half breeders crown heat,Vic Derby and 3yo Breeders Crown final

mango
07-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi Ramish

It might pay to go through current form and not last year's.

ramish
07-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Hey MangoI agree but I dont think either horse is going any different to last year timewise and although its hard to guage form in two countries I think overalll CTR has been racing in much harder fields. I think Lanercost s nearly unbeatable in a sit and sprint race but CTR is much better in a hard run race

mightymo
07-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey MangoI agree but I dont think either horse is going any different to last year timewise and although its hard to guage form in two countries I think overalll CTR has been racing in much harder fields. I think Lanercost s nearly unbeatable in a sit and sprint race but CTR is much better in a hard run race

dont underestimate Torque in Motion - she is an outstanding mare and drawn to get a fantastic trip

mango
07-01-2011, 04:38 PM

His last 5 race's he beat Be Good Johhny came 2nd in the Hondo Grattan Stakes then won the Charriots Of Fire then had a month of racing and come's out and win's 2 tune up race's, so can you please explain how CTR has been racing much harder fields.

mango
07-01-2011, 04:42 PM
dont underestimate Torque in Motion - she is an outstanding mare and drawn to get a fantastic trip

Hi Mightymo

You are correct she is an outstanding mare and drawn to get a good trip but i just feel she might end up further back on the pegs than they would like and the boy's might be a bit to strong for her.

ramish
07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Mango
Lanercost last 5 starts raced 3 top horses-Be Good Johney(11yo),Motu Crusader and For A Reason(had an injury. CTR last 5 starts Gomeo Romeo,Smiling Shard,Sir Lincoln,Franco Emerite,Devil Dodger,Lancome and Mach Banner. I know which lot I think is easier.

mango
07-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi Ramish

Form of CTR
11 of 13
11 of 13
1 of 5
5 of 10
Yeah true he did race them horses but at present they are panels ahead of him. For me he is going know where near his form of last year and that is the reason they sent him across. I suppose tommorrow night will tell.

aussiebreno
07-01-2011, 09:42 PM
This is quite the show. I like the plot. Conclusion will be interesting.
Who's up for popcorn?

mango
07-01-2011, 09:52 PM
It might not be popcorn it could well be egg on my face lol. I was just going through Lanercosts form from last year and he raced over the 2100m to 2600m in all his starts so the distance wont bother him and i thought his last hit out was superb, for me i think he is getting better with each run and i think he is an all round stronger horse this time in.

ramish
07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I like popcorn and egg and Ive had plenty of both on my face.I think CTR is going as good as last year.You probably need to see his last few Runs.He wouldnt be there if he wasnt going any good .Why is Herlihy going over to drive him?Should be a great race and may the best horse on the night win

mango
07-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi Ramish

I've seen all his runs and thats just my opinion that he isn't going as good as last year. And to be honest with you i don't know why Herlihy is driving him as i thought G Bennett would be driving him for sure. Yeah it should be a cracking race and we both might have egg on our face's and the way i'm backing them tonight i'm in trouble already lmao.

aussiebreno
07-02-2011, 12:19 AM
If he is only going as good as last I would be worried. He is a year older and should be going better. If you aint going forward you're going backwards.
I am sitting on the fence though as I don't follow NZ form.

montana
07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
CTR is $26.0 on fixed odds tattsbet right now which is incredible overs.

triplev123
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Mark, Mick & Tom & the crew with Jennas Highview and Adrian & Ben with Vertigal.
Here's hoping for a Thorny 1-2.

mightymo
07-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Mark, Mick & Tom & the crew with Jennas Highview and Adrian & Ben with Vertigal.
Here's hoping for a Thorny 1-2.

Mmmm.... nice to know where your allegiances lie!! :):)

montana
07-02-2011, 11:08 PM
lanny!

i am going for vertigal , owners are really nice people and she has always been a favorite of mine.

good luck

mango
07-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Congrats Montana on Lanercosts win

mango
07-02-2011, 11:25 PM
If the three are there to just make up the numbers and the owners are bored with them , I'll volunteer to take them off their hands:-) Not many owners even dream about having a filly good enough to be included in this field.

Seen posts like this before and sometimes the writer is scraping egg of his face for a week after the race. I don't think they are genuine chances myself , but they are there , so lets feel happy for a lot of lucky owners and wish them all the best of luck , as with all the owners.

Hi Ozninja
I think i was right in saying they were there to make up the numbers and thankfully i won't be scrapping no egg of my face this time.

craig
07-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Gee if Torque in motion did not run around like a saturday night drunk in the valley how different the result would be..very nice filly and is shaping up to be one to follow over the next couple of years.

triplev123
07-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Mmmm.... nice to know where your allegiances lie!! :):)

NSW through and through Mightymo. You Mexicans will just have to learn to fend for yourselves. :rolleyes:

mango
07-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Gee if Torque in motion did not run around like a saturday night drunk in the valley how different the result would be..very nice filly and is shaping up to be one to follow over the next couple of years.

Hi Criag

Yes it would of made thing's interesting, the Valley happy memories there and you are right she did run all over the shop. I look foward to seeing this mare travel a bit next year and take on the top mare's.

DAZZA
07-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Heartbreaking. Cant remember who said she would be too far back on the fence. Was always going to be a two horse race. Even if Motu Crusader didnt bleed he wouldnt of got near the winners with the times they ran home in. 32 First quarter was the killer I think. The way Lanercost has been going, no one has got closet to him so I think it shows how good Torque In Motion to have taken ground off him and maybe should have beaten him if she had not run around. Got to remember still only her 2nd prep of racing. Only going to get better. Courage To Rule aint half the horse he use to be, and Lanercost is double the horse he use to be so that argument was crap. Motu Crusader, must be very disappiointing for connections. Would of run 3rd easily following those two horses. Puts a big question mark on the rest of his career now.

DAZZA
07-03-2011, 01:25 PM
And of course Forever gold. $3.20 was bet early, didnt anybody watch the race last week? She's so tough. Cant wait for her to go to Melbourne.

mango
07-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi Dazza

Yeah mate that was me who said she might end up 3 back the pegs, i thought one of the others would of come out a little harder and try to get to the peg's and then let Lanercost go to the front. Torque In Motion's run was super and i look foward to down the track when she match's it with her own sex in the big mare's race's.

aussiebreno
07-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi Dazza in future could we have your expert analysis pre-race. That way I won't waste time doing form only to lose out; I can profit of you!!! Cheers.

David Summers
07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Earth to Ramish , come in Ramish , where are you? Are you still hiding and eating your humble pie ?

Now finally you can shut up about how superior CTR is compared to Lanercost.

ramish
07-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Ozninja-clearly your reading abilities are limited.I am eating egg and popcorn but I never said ctr was better than Lanercost.I said if Lanercost can lead and get easy early sections he is almost unbeatable but I think ctr is better when they go hard all the way.The best horse on the night won as he should have with the run he had but I wouldn't mind either of them in my ownership

montana
07-03-2011, 03:11 PM
nothing wrong with a little friendly rivalry however i must correct the stats its now 3-3 between lanny and CTR ( u missed the vic derby heat and the gold coast derby )

cheers

David Summers
07-03-2011, 03:21 PM
OK. Ramish my post was meant to be light-hearted and sorry if you took me seriously.

Any thoughts about why Torque in Motion was so erratic in the straight? I thought she had Lanercost at one stage until she ran all over the track. I can't remember her doing anything that bad before.

Terrible news with Motu Crusader bleeding. Hope can come back as good as ever after the enforced spell.

ramish
07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey Ozninja I thought I was been lighthearted too!!The joy of racing is that we are wrong more than we are right.

I don't think Torque would have beaten Lanercost if she ran straight.He would have kicked if she was next to him rather than been out wide but her running out was odd.Has she done that before?

is it fact Motu bled?Luke said after the race he choked down

mango
07-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi Ramish

Stewards report say's Motu Crusader bled and has been stood down 3 months, 1 trial and a vet's certificate.

David Summers
07-03-2011, 04:15 PM
mango - Did the stewards have anything to say about Torque in Motion's erratic running in the straight?

mango
07-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Shifted out under pressure

DAZZA
07-05-2011, 02:30 AM
I think with Torque in Motion the reason behind her running around was that in all her starts this time in she hasnt been driving as hard as that. She hasnt really been tested in her 12 starts and shane was throwing everything at her up the straight she just lost her balance a little bit ducked out and than in. She's only in her 2nd prep. One of her early starts in the 3yo Breeders she galloped on the home turn when she was getting driven like that. Thats all it was, experience will help her, what she has done is amazing. Smart drive by Darrel once again, easy lead, walked the first quarter, he has quickest speed of any horse and just slipped away from Torque In Motion on the bend, got him the race in the end. Heard today that Luke MaCarthy would have parked Lanercost if he was given the chance in this race, that would been so good to see. I feel the draw really took some of the exitement out of the race, just a dash home.

This sat night looks even better !!! And here you go Aussiebrenno this is my early take on things for this week, Il start the ball rolling please opinions everyone.

For the 4/5YO... Garnet River has a heap of gate speed, he'l fly out but most likely be looking for a sit (couldnt run it out last week). Mega Alexander is alot the same in this grade, won doing so last week. Lightning Raider has drawn awesome and won last Sunday very very arrogantly! Luke hardly moved, had em covered a long way from home, if he leads he could be hard to run down. Mister GNP is flying! Il be interested to see who Shane Graham chooses to drive. He should push forward find the death and will run a race. I think Lightning Raider and Mister GNP are the main two from the front row. Lanercost drawn 8 ... what to do? follow fence hope for luck or get off em and go around every horse. Tough one. Couldnt back him but wouldnt be surprised if he popped up. Our White Knight is a smokey. Going good and you can bet your bottom dollar he'll be driven well, you'll get every chance with him. Anddd Torque In Motion, draw might look bad, it is but to me I actully like it, she stays out of trouble and hopefully they go fast and can see her flying home down the outside. Il probably go with her because I like her simple as that however I have a feeling Lightning Raider is the one to beat, gun draw, gun trainer. So Torque In Motion / Lightning Raider from Our White Knight. If your doing Tri's / F4's dont leave Lanercost out either.

Derby .... Marshal Law gets every chance, 2600? See what happens. Caesars Folly went enourmous last week. He's the best 3yo going around I think, fool proof he is. 2600 shouldnt worry him, stay all day by the looks of him, I hope they dish up the $3.00 like they did with Joyous Times last week. Alot of other chances, My Mei, hard to say how good it is, but obviously talented, if Night Of The Stars couldnt win last week, he cant this week. Mach Alert is the one I think that could pop up. He's fit, runs the trip and can go (just won heat and final of Premiers Cup over 2600). He'll be going forward however wont be able to get things his way infront, but most likely end up handing the death up to Caesars Folly, if he can sprint at the end of 2600, he's a massive hope and I think he can beat Marshal law home. 10,11,12 all go good, but cant see them winning. Sign To Inverell can really zip home, will be driven dead cold and if the speed was really on could pop up at massive odds. Watch out for him. Il go Caesars Folly from Mach Alert from Sign To Inverell.

FFA looks good, it made me laugh when they vetted Blackie after last weeks run, he was victim of a sh*t drive. Nothing against Kylie Rassmussen she is very very good horsewomen (last years triad she broke in 6 of the 10 starters I think) anyway at Blackies age how can he be expected to outzip them in a 26.6 last quarter? haha please. She should have been up there eye balling Cody Banks running even 30's at least. Thats how he beats em, always has, bullies em and is too tough. 39 lead last week! Equal slowest of the night, 62+ first half, handed the race to Cody Banks who is a very very nice horse. This week I think you will see Kylie up there running along and hopefully Blackie winning once again.

Good Luck everyone.

David Summers
07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm glad I am not the only one that thought the drive on Blackie was pretty ordinary. He just about needed to run a sub 26 sec. last quarter from where she had him , and that does not happen too often :-)

I tipped Cody Banks in the forum to beat Blackie at their previous start , and was bagged for tipping against the champ. Unfortunately this time Cody went around without me having anything on him Gggrrr!!! Think he has a bright future ahead.

Flashing Red
07-06-2011, 12:25 AM
I guess they vetted Blackie with his history of fibulating (sp?)... a number of people I've spoken to also think if Torque in Motion went straight she would have won.... I didn't see any of the races, started my post grad and am swamped again. lol!

David Summers
07-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Flashing Red - as you missed seeing both races , when you get a bit of spare time ☺ to see replays of both , go here and click on "Replay" next to the relevant races

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=AP020711&ms=qld

triplev123
07-06-2011, 05:00 PM
It looked to me that the reason why Torque In Motion was a bit erratic in the stretch was because she was trying to pace faster than she could get her legs to go through their stride cycle.
When you look at her experience wise, she raced for 5 months as a 3yo and has raced for about the same to date as a 4yo and she has had just 24 starts in total so as talented as she is...she's still pretty green race craft wise for a horse that's racing at that level.
From memory that's the 1st time that I can recall S. R. Graham really asking her for everything she had. I don't think that she'd have ever collared Lanercost but once she gets herself used to responding to that all out drive to the line like she was under this time around she'll really be something to watch.

DAZZA
07-11-2011, 02:29 PM
It looked to me that the reason why Torque In Motion was a bit erratic in the stretch was because she was trying to pace faster than she could get her legs to go through their stride cycle.
When you look at her experience wise, she raced for 5 months as a 3yo and has raced for about the same to date as a 4yo and she has had just 24 starts in total so as talented as she is...she's still pretty green race craft wise for a horse that's racing at that level.
From memory that's the 1st time that I can recall S. R. Graham really asking her for everything she had. I don't think that she'd have ever collared Lanercost but once she gets herself used to responding to that all out drive to the line like she was under this time around she'll really be something to watch.

Exactly Triple! She's only in her second prep. Looked a little flat Saturday night and I think a nice big rest will do her the world of good, hopefully come back much bigger and stronger.

DAZZA
07-11-2011, 02:38 PM
So after a month ...

Coast Oaks: Silly run race were the best run/drive of the race won, with Forever Gold easily being the run of the race.
QLD Oaks: Forever Gold proves her authority and smashes them. Form Stacks up.

Premiers Cup: Best staying type won and proved himself at 2600m.
Coast Derby: Caesars Folly proves himself to be too good.
QLD Derby: Looked a match race between the proven 3yo Caesars Folly and the up and coming staying type Mach Alert (to me). Caesars Folly gets scratched. Mach Alert proves himself to be a very good staying type wins easily.

4YO: Draw ruined the race, Lanercost zipped home to strong. Torque In Motion loses no fans.
4/5YO: Lightning Raider's class shows through. Lanercost went massive. Torquie In Motion needs rest. Some drivers took a few too many no doz.

Sunshine Sprint this week, draw will be interesting. Cody Banks is one of them horses that get off the gate way better from out wide then the fence I think. Very important were Lively Highlander draws, he can beat anything except Blackie off the gate, if Cody Banks or a Be Good Johny, Karloo Mick or one of them draw underneath him, they are in trouble. Washakie is the horse thats flying and I think biggest danger to Blackie. Draw will be interesting.

David Summers
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Washakie just had a broken gear problem last Sat. , is that correct?

DAZZA
07-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah broke a hobble, he's flying though. Blackies biggest danger this week.

David Summers
07-11-2011, 07:17 PM
I agree. He has a big chance , all things being equal. Lots underestimate his ability but he has an enormous heart and looking forward to one of his big tough efforts.

DAZZA
07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Blackie drawn 2 on saturday night, will lead nothing will cross him. Lanercost in 3, most likely hand the death up to Washakie who has drawn 4. Cody Banks is 5, dont know what they do, Id almost say if they dont go forward they may aswell stay home, give Washakie the 1x1 aswell. Karloo Mick couldnt have drawn worse in 8. Be Good Johnny will have to go around too many from 10. Cant see much else worrying them. Blackie to win.

Village Kid
07-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Watching the replay a couple of times looked like Cody Banks went off stride at the start and all but went into a gallop, would be interesting to see whether he could hold out Blackie if he'd got away cleanly.

I would love to see the old boy Be Good Johnny win this week, but unless they go mad up front I can't see him getting into the race.

Is Lanercost any chance of having a dip from the front? He is brilliant off the gate.

montana
07-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Cody banks didnt have hopple shorterners last saturday night where as the starts before he did so they are going to put them back for this week.

I am sure Lanercost will have a look for the lead on Saturday whether he gets it or not remains to be seen in any event he can race well outside the leader or with a sit.

Love Of Courage
07-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Hello Montana,

Good luck with Lanercost on Saturday ! I have followed his career from day one, as he is a son of Courage. It will be great to see him strut his stuff against the big boys.

Any update on Annie as I have followed her career closely and think she is a super filly !

David Summers
07-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Go Lanercost , do your mighty dad proud this weekend. Any horse by CUF immediately comes on my watch list. I am looking forward to Annie's return in the future if fit and well. I really love her. She could be anything.

montana
07-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys. it will be fun to see him line up against open company i am sure he will be a good place chance.

Annie is spelling up at my place ( arrived on Sunday ) and doing well , she has grown since i last saw her in the flesh , she is healing ok but she wont be racing this side of Christmas , we will have a crack at some of the nice mares races next year all things going well. She is lightly raced and i would like to give her at least one more campaign before sending her to a nice stallion next season just tossing up which one with so much variety.

triplev123
07-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Good luck Montana. They'll know he's in the race.

David Summers
07-12-2011, 11:11 PM
All the best Montana with Lanercost. Hope Annie comes back as good as ever next year.

ramish
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Thought I would crawl out from under my rock and ask a few tongue in cheek questions.Would CTR have beaten Lightning Raider if their runs were reversed?Would Lanercost have won if McCarthy or Bennett drove him instead of the one dimensional Graham?Is Lanercost a one trick pony who is unbeatable when he leads and isnt attacked like in the Chariots,Vic Derby heat and 4yo championship but is beaten in every big race where he couldnt lead without pressure like Breeders Crown heat and final,Vic Derby and 4&5 yo Championship?CTR beat him in all 4 of those races and finished behind him in Derby heat and 4yo championship so am I still wrong in thinking CTR is a better stayer than Lanercost and remember I said better stayer not better horse?

smithy
07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
no.. lanercost is the best 4 yr old in the country

David Summers
07-14-2011, 08:21 PM
no.. lanercost is the best 4 yr old in the country

Absolutely.

Bucky
07-14-2011, 08:51 PM
For Lanercost to win on Saturday he would of had to be an absolute freak of nature, i think his run was SUPERB!

montana
07-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Thought I would crawl out from under my rock and ask a few tongue in cheek questions.Would CTR have beaten Lightning Raider if their runs were reversed?Would Lanercost have won if McCarthy or Bennett drove him instead of the one dimensional Graham?Is Lanercost a one trick pony who is unbeatable when he leads and isnt attacked like in the Chariots,Vic Derby heat and 4yo championship but is beaten in every big race where he couldnt lead without pressure like Breeders Crown heat and final,Vic Derby and 4&5 yo Championship?CTR beat him in all 4 of those races and finished behind him in Derby heat and 4yo championship so am I still wrong in thinking CTR is a better stayer than Lanercost and remember I said better stayer not better horse?

There was nothing wrong with Darrels drive on the horse he was a complete victim of circumstances. The lead time in the race was 36.9 and they hardly ever break 37 in fact i think they have once on a saturday night since the 2010 winter carnival , so when they did back off for about 100 meters Darrel went up straight away to sit outside the leader. i and many others would have thought the deathseat horse would have handed up ( even with the 'stablemate' factor ) especially after a lead time like that , then when he tried to get in Darrel was pretty much committed and even then who would have thought the horse in the death would still be getting reigned up when lanercost was a length in front trying to cross. Nothing wrong with Darrels drive just the circumstances didnt turn out as one would have expected in most races.

As far as Lanercost and pressure go i think he did pretty well to hang on for third in that race.

We have always preferred to race him up near the lead against his own age and it has worked pretty well - i would say his record is a fair indication that strategy has had merit . we know we are going to have to drive him with a sit in open company.

I will have to disagree with you ramish.

DAZZA
07-14-2011, 11:03 PM
The underlying factor is ... Lanercost beat Torque In Motion home. To me that says that he went very very well. I can half understand Kylie wanting to hold a forward spot, the horse always races like that and she probably didnt know they were going that fast but Ashlee Sjeika was deadset on drugs, she was kidding! At least than if she handed up Lanercost would of got the death fairly easy and I dare say won. As for Ramish's comments .. theres always what if's in racing. What if Washakie didnt break gear last week and beat Blacks A Fake we'd all be sitting here saying RETIRE HIM! In the end the drive won McCarthy the race, he drove the race like he was driving at Menangle, so so patient. Courage To Rule went really really well and I think as he hits open company he will need races run like that for him to be in the finish as will 90% of horses. There is probably nothing between Lightning Raider and Courage To Rule just the better run won the race. Lanercost is the best horse in that race hands down, any other horse has that run they would be beaten 40m at least. I for one could not have been gunning for Torque In Motion more heading the carnival however I now conceed Lanercost is the better horse at this stage (Torque In Motion only in 2nd prep).

Greg Hando
07-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Karloo Mick to put in a big showing in the sprint if Lanercost sit's i think he is in with a big chance of running a hole i think the drive the other night on him was okay he believed he had the best horse in the race and drove him accordingly their is no good coming off the track and wondering what if

smithy
07-15-2011, 12:24 AM
i cant see why lanercost wouldnt come out hard at the start winston? fastest horse out of the gate and he needs to try and get across before washakie, also a flyer puts the foot down and i would think washakie would be holding the front with lanercost sitting on his back

Flashing Red
07-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Cody banks didnt have hopple shorterners last saturday night where as the starts before he did so they are going to put them back for this week.

I am sure Lanercost will have a look for the lead on Saturday whether he gets it or not remains to be seen in any event he can race well outside the leader or with a sit.

Good for you! Blackie has great gatespeed but gee your bloke is breathtaking out! What a tactical race this will be, especially at the start. It's going to be exciting dash to the first turn that's for sure! Good luck :)

nat
07-15-2011, 03:48 AM
With this line up if they go hard an exceptional time will be insights I can see Lanercost sitting out side Blacky going a front half in 54 and some and being sitting ducks from behind

aussiebreno
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
With this line up if they go hard an exceptional time will be insights I can see Lanercost sitting out side Blacky going a front half in 54 and some and being sitting ducks from behind
When has Lanercost ever gone hard in age company from in front; let alone in open company from the death? Yeah Blacky isn't suited by dawdling...but 54 really. I think you are getting a wee bit too excited nat

nat
07-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi breno

He has been hard off the front gate to get the lead most of his career he's now 4 and has to step it up and he is a capable horse to go hard over the sprint I feel he would get lost on the way home if back in the pack against battle harden horses it Albion Park not Menangle (remember his run at Menangle 25th Feb this year barrier 10 & 25 first quarter)

DAZZA
07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeahh 54 keep dreaming. Lanercost is scratched anyway, obviously didnt pull up too well after last week. Washakie will have a dip for the lead but theres two problems, Blackie comes out faster and John dont get them off the gate as good as Luke. Blackie too lead, 57 .. maybe low 58 first half, run them home in 56 and give nothing a chance, go around 1.54 and another trophy for the champ. I'd probably advise anyone that is in or around the area to get out and have a look, might be the last time we get to see him win at Albion Park, never know what will happen with the draw next week.

I still think if Lanercost was in the race he would have had a little look for the lead but not taken them on like he did last week because he wouldnt have been the best horse in the race this week, his best shot would have been to sit there quietly and out zip them home, his young legs got a bit more zip in them than some of them old timers. 54 first half taking on Blacks A Fake? Than you would have an excuse to cut Darrels nuts off. Never would have happened.

aussiebreno
07-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi breno

He has been hard off the front gate to get the lead most of his career he's now 4 and has to step it up and he is a capable horse to go hard over the sprint I feel he would get lost on the way home if back in the pack against battle harden horses it Albion Park not Menangle (remember his run at Menangle 25th Feb this year barrier 10 & 25 first quarter)
Yes at Menangle and what was the 2nd quarter? 31.4. Add to that montana says they want to drive him quieter in this very thread (which Mr Joe Blow should know anyway)and if they run under 55 the first half I will write a cheque out for a grand to your good self!

smithy
07-15-2011, 02:10 PM
i rekon washakie will cross blackie, first half in around 59 flat (28.5, 30.5)

ramish
07-15-2011, 04:14 PM
hi Montana congrats on your success with the Courages out of the ready to run sale and Lanercost is a beauty.I thought before the race last week the 3 class horses would run 123 as they did and that the 4th horse is a good mare who will never beat the big boys and the rest were out of their depth.I thought Darrel set the race up for the other 2 by making it a staying test which suited their strengths more than his .I think the first 3 will all measure up to open class but will all need the right runs.I was looking forward to watching Lanercost tomorrow night.I hope he has no serious problem and that he and CTR can represent Courage with honour in the Winter cup next week

mango
07-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi Montana

Just wondering why Lanercost is scratched.

montana
07-16-2011, 12:55 PM
lanny pulled up pretty well from the run last week bouncing around the paddock the next day , but was a little off his game later in the week so we had a blood done and it would seem he has a minor viral complaint , while it isnt anything major we are always are very conservative and would prefer not to make a small problem worse by racing him. there are plenty of horses down with colds atm and racing them just buggers them up.

its a shame i was really looking forward to racing in open company this week he would have been at his peak fitness wise and had a great draw but we will get our chance. the plan at this stage is to still head towards the breeders crown.

aussiebreno
07-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Carn Blacky :)

David Summers
07-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Open your dictionary and look up the word "legend". There you will see a photo of Blackie , a true Australian legend.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-uGp372d5vO0/TiFsjHtEkCI/AAAAAAAADaM/3bCRXnr95EQ/svBLACKSAFAKE-420x0.jpg

DAZZA
07-17-2011, 01:15 AM
57 first half, walked in going 1.54. She knows how to drive him. Hes a deadset freak of nature. Hopefully he can do it again next week. Just a side note, everyone notice how well Mega Alexandra went with a sit tonight? That girl should give herself an uppercut after last weeks effort, in the money for sure if she takes a sit!

Flashing Red
07-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Has it not crossed anyone's mind that perhaps she didn't want Kylie knocking him around his previous runs? Not saying that she didn't want him to win (on the contrary she always likes him to win) but I mean if anyone was going to give him a hard run I'd think she'd want to do it herself. His previous two runs had him very sharp for tonight. I'm sure Nat would have been mighty upset if Kylie had flattened him before tonight. Just food for thought.

mango
07-17-2011, 07:50 AM
57 first half, walked in going 1.54. She knows how to drive him. Hes a deadset freak of nature. Hopefully he can do it again next week. Just a side note, everyone notice how well Mega Alexandra went with a sit tonight? That girl should give herself an uppercut after last weeks effort, in the money for sure if she takes a sit!

Good call Dazza and hopefully she won't forget the reason for giving herself an uppercut.