PDA

View Full Version : New to Standardbred Horses, but not new to horses! :D

Getty77
08-24-2015, 04:41 AM
Hey y'all! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Standardbred mare and I've looked up her brand to get some more info on her. I've owned horses most of my life, but QH and TB...never had a Standardbred before....so I'm needing some basic info. On her brand information, it listed a S&D last year date of 2008....I have no idea and can't find out what the S&D means. Can someone help please? She is underweight, but I am already working on getting her back up to her proper weight. I know her previous owner (well 2 ppl ago) did 50 mile endurance racing with her...so I know she's going to be an amazing trail horse for me!! Love her already and she's getting the spoiling she deserves! Thanks for any advise and help y'all can offer!

Richard prior
08-24-2015, 10:38 PM
Hello there, If you go to the U.S. Trotting site(USTA)I'm pretty sure that you can enter your mare's freezebrand and this should tell you her year of birth and identify her breeding, I'm just passing this information on after doing a bit of study.
Good Luck

squaregaiter
08-24-2015, 10:43 PM
Hey y'all! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Standardbred mare and I've looked up her brand to get some more info on her. I've owned horses most of my life, but QH and TB...never had a Standardbred before....so I'm needing some basic info. On her brand information, it listed a S&D last year date of 2008....I have no idea and can't find out what the S&D means. Can someone help please? She is underweight, but I am already working on getting her back up to her proper weight. I know her previous owner (well 2 ppl ago) did 50 mile endurance racing with her...so I know she's going to be an amazing trail horse for me!! Love her already and she's getting the spoiling she deserves! Thanks for any advise and help y'all can offer!

Hi Carrie,only thing that we can think of here is the "D" is really the > an d therefore making it a SA horse, cannot find anything that relates to a D in any shape or form of our reference info

Richard prior
08-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Hi Carrie and Bruce, Gee I'm way off track, The Hi Y'all made me think you are in the USA Carrie, For some silly reason I can't see all the details from people that Post on the Forum, Carrie if you can post the Full Freezebrand, We should be able to work out the name and breeding of your mare.

Getty77
08-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Thanks y'all! I am actually from the USA LOL. I have her freezebrand info but when I pulled it up, I understood everything but the "S&D Last Year". I'm not sure what it means. Thanks so much!

Richard prior
08-28-2015, 12:23 AM
With a bit of help from a learned friend, We have worked out your mares name Carrie, It's Get The Goods.

squaregaiter
08-28-2015, 02:51 PM
With a bit of help from a learned friend, We have worked out your mares name Carrie, It's Get The Goods.

:) Well done Richard, very clever:) your on the ball mate