PDA

View Full Version : Sheer Illusion...well played D. Hancock

triplev123
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Some credit where it's most certainly due.
2yo Trotting filly Sheer Illusion, her fledgling career thus far beautifully managed by Darren Hancock, won the 2yo Foundation Final today a few moments ago at Menangle, cleared out by 15m+, her slate now 8 stars, 5 wins & a 2nd & $24,825 in the Bank.
Not really into the Trotters but to win a single 2yo race is difficult enough, to win 5 of them with a 2yo Trotter & pick up 25k in the process is a huge effort.

David Summers
06-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes, Darren is to be congratulated on his handling of Sheer Illusion. She can get a little cranky at times , I hear :-(

Also, will just point out that other than her excellent record of wins , she is also the Australian Record holder for a 2YO trotting mile at 2.02 , not just for fillies but for all 2YO trotters. http://www.menangleparkpaceway.com.au/racing-records.html

Looking forward to following her career. BTW, I am a real fan of trotters.

aussiebreno
06-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Going back to ANZAC Day at Coolamon is where I begin my thanks to D Hancock. Seen she started $1.10 and galloped btn 100m her first start then was given abot $2.50-$3 because everybody thought Daniel Jacks trotter was good (which it is).
ozninja that Menangle Record must be put in to context as well. What record hasnt been broken at Menangle in the past 2 seasons?

David Summers
06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
aussiebreno , there are still some Australian mile trot record records that have not been broken at Menangle , albeit that there are not a lot of trot races staged there. http://www.harness.org.au/hra/annual/public/records/aus_milerrt.htm

Also, will just point out that although , as you say her time should be put in context as it is Menangle, note from the link that her time is about 4 seconds faster than either the Australian 2YO colt or 2YO gelding's record times and both were run at Menangle.

I don't know about you , but I'm quite proud of what she has done so far , albeit putting aside her bad manners at Melton recently.

David Summers
06-15-2011, 10:58 AM
BTW, look at the influence of Sundon in these records. Sire of half of these Australian mile record holders. Amazing.