PDA

View Full Version : Putting this one out there as my...

triplev123
06-16-2011, 07:21 PM
TIP OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7pm. Bendigo. Race 2. Number 4.
Real Hammer, a 2yo colt by Real Desire from Classic Cathy by Classic Garry & member of the Parisienne tribe.
Looked to be very talented though maybe somewhat green in the APG Heats on top of also running into Fly Like An Eagle, Mr. Nickel, Soho Valencia & Co along the way, none of which helped his chances of winning all that much at the time.
Tonight, it's a straight up 2C0-2C1 & G. Sugars back in the bike for trainer, G. Webster.
The planets are aligned. The tea leaves read well. The time for sticking his head out 1st across the line is at hand. I'm thinking he'll lead up from (3) and that will the end of the penny section. The fact that Tony Peacock has ducked him with The Mouse's Mach 3 colt (9) is perhaps another pointer. :p:p:p:p:p

David Summers
06-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Was going to follow your tip but just checked the odds. Only showing 1.90 for a win. An odds on winner is better than a good priced loser , but odds are a bit short for me.

I'm looking at a couple later in the meeting , at reasonable odds , but won't let you in on it , as I've not been having a great run in the last week with my tips :-(

triplev123
06-16-2011, 08:35 PM
$1.90!!!!!! Geeze, I was expecting just a little more fat than that. I'm getting as bad as The Minty Men. :p

David Summers
06-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Actually started at 1.40 in NSW!! Glad I don't usually bet odds-on.

Paleface
06-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Boom

David Summers
06-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Sadly triplev123 Real Hammer let you down this time.

Looks like the planets were aligned for me tonight. Got a tip earlier in the day "straight from the horse's mouth - can't lose" for Fergus Maccool in race 5 at Bendigo. Coasted home to an easy win. I picked up a nice amount of $$$$$$ after outlaying a reasonable size bet. Not only that , boxed the trifecta as well and that paid $64.00.

My better half was dragging me to see a show at Star City on Saturday night. The winnings certainly will cover the cost of everything and now we'll have champagne with the dinner too :-)

triplev123
06-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Geeze, I feel ill. Not only have I tipped a $1.40 shot but it has been rolled !!!!!!
That confirms it. I am paying for my sins...for kissing G. Hayes on the cheek after backing a winner at Fairfiled on Monday arvo. Faust has nothing on me. This is clearly the start of my decent into Hell. It is clear that I HAVE become the 3rd Minty Man...Hamilton, Guerin & Triple. Lord have mercy upon this poor wretched soul. :p

David Summers
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Don't get too down. You'll bounce back. Start studying the form for Menangle tomorrow night. There are a couple of odd-on certainties but please don't tip them on here triplev123, just in case your bad luck with short-priced favourites might continue :-)

They are a couple of my favourite young horses and would love to see them clash in the final. Note I didn't even name them , as I don't want to "jonah" them either :-)

BTW, don't know what price she will start , maybe short, but really like Fleur De Lil in the last.

mango
06-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey Ozninja
I think that's a great idea that Triple should keep his tips to himself untill he gets back in the winner circle and on a roll.

David Summers
06-17-2011, 04:44 PM
mango, I think he is quietly reflecting and having a meal of "humble pie" for lunch today. Unfortunately I know the feeling! It's happened to me maybe once before with my tips .......well maybe twice . Hehehe!!

mango
06-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah it happened to me last sat night when i jumped on Gesturestar, the roll i'm on i could stop a freight train.

aussiebreno
06-17-2011, 04:56 PM
VVV may be feeling guilty and displeased at himself for tipping such a shorty, who ultimately went down, but the fact of the matter is VVV didn't know the price and if he (and I) done the form again we would have Real Hammer beating Daniel Jacks horse 99 times out of 100 so no humble pie needs to be consumed imo.
Mango; if what you are saying is correct can you go out and put a pineapple (or whatever is a big bet for your good self) on Sushi Sushi, Vertigal, Excel Stride and Madama Lily. That way my quaddie will pay HUGE! (Assuming they are the quaddie legs which would be silly if they arent)

mango
06-17-2011, 04:59 PM
If the owners of those horses read this forum and then found out i layed them i would have my head on a chopping board, anyway i might take a sneak peak at fixed odds for you Breno lmao.

mightymo
06-17-2011, 05:00 PM
VVV may be feeling guilty and displeased at himself for tipping such a shorty, who ultimately went down, but the fact of the matter is VVV didn't know the price and if he (and I) done the form again we would have Real Hammer beating Daniel Jacks horse 99 times out of 100 so no humble pie needs to be consumed imo.
Mango; if what you are saying is correct can you go out and put a pineapple (or whatever is a big bet for your good self) on Sushi Sushi, Vertigal, Excel Stride and Madama Lily. That way my quaddie will pay HUGE! (Assuming they are the quaddie legs which would be silly if they arent)

The big man could stop Black Caviar!!:):)

triplev123
06-17-2011, 05:10 PM
mango, I think he is quietly reflecting and having a meal of "humble pie" for lunch today. Unfortunately I know the feeling! It's happened to me maybe once before with my tips .......well maybe twice . Hehehe!!

Not big on Pies. I prefer Sausage Rolls & Cornish Pasties. ;)
You know what I was actually thinking during the race Ozninja?
I'm sitting there on the coffee table having a snort of Red and watching the colt up there in the breeze with his head up in the air & his mouth wide open giving G. Sugars buggery...and all that was going through my head was..."F$#@!&* Classic Garry dams". :D:D:D:D:D:D That he ran the other colt to a photo is I think a pretty fair measure of just how good a colt he would be if he eventually settles.

triplev123
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM
The big man could stop Black Caviar!!:):)

Must I continue to suffer these slings and arrows of outrageous fortune? :rolleyes:

mango
06-17-2011, 05:18 PM
I wonder if he backed SO YOU THINK ???

triplev123
06-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I never put my money down on the TB's. When you leg the Monkeys up you never know what they're going to do.

David Summers
06-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Poor So You Think. He must have been wondering during the race "What the hell is going on here". Hopeless tactics by the jockey , and have no idea what he was thinking. One of the world's greatest horses deserves better riding than this. Plenty of Aussie jockeys would gladly put their hand up.

Pacemakers .......... no thanks , never ever want them here.

mango
06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
He was supposed to be one of there best jockey's.

triplev123
06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
They should give Josh Adams the ride.

David Summers
06-17-2011, 06:04 PM
If he was supposed to be one of the world's best jockeys , then I think he should be downright embarrassed with his tactics.

mango
06-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Why change jockey i thought the jockey who was on him over there the start before done a good job and also got a good feel of the horse.

mightymo
06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
If he was supposed to be one of the world's best jockeys , then I think he should be downright embarrassed with his tactics.

whats worse, it was their own pacemaker!!

mango
06-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello idiot's lmao even more now.

David Summers
06-17-2011, 06:44 PM
I think we've "hijacked" this thread with thoroughbred talk, albeit quite interesting. Anyone got any harness specials for the weekend that they want to divulge? No odds-on please :-)

aussiebreno
06-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Warning: Have not done form and not much of a form analyst anyway
Melton Rc2 Luv Tha Aces Lombo to beat Brulea Charlie and Jackson Grant
Melton Rc4 Baltic Ice to beat Lets Slash and Burn and Tanabi Bromac
Melton Rc5 One of the Justices; Ill take Thomas Pyke from Toulouse Lautrec and Onedin Hustler with Our Madagascar a good chance as well.
Melton Rc8 Miss Warbucks but might start on odds on :s
Melton Rc9 Forest Babe

remington
06-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Melton race 4 tanabi Bromac good chance at around $5 i would think with K Manning in the bike

David Summers
06-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Yes, I was thinking about Luv Tha Aces Lombo myself , although the draw is a bit of a worry.

Miss Warbucks looks a big chance in the trot but have made a promise to myself never to bet again on standing starts. She looks reliable to get away , but I just can't bring myself to punt an any non-mobile race these days.

triplev123
06-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Over to WA and Gloucester Park Race 2.
I think the fav. will be Shipwreck but he is awkwardly drawn (8) and so I'm thinking the perhaps slightly less awkwardly drawn (11) Smart VC. I understand that Snr. has a big wrap on him.

David Summers
06-17-2011, 07:59 PM
I think the fav. will be Shipwreck but he is awkwardly drawn (8) and so I'm thinking the perhaps slightly less awkwardly drawn (11) Smart VC. I understand that Snr. has a big wrap on him.

The big punters must be listening to you. At this present moment Smart VC is paying $1.90 in NSW and $2.70 in VIC !

remington
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM

SNR has more then a big wrap on his saying he is potentially ITMQ's replacement of the future, time will see

David Summers
06-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Only had three starts. Wins at last two starts were super impressive. Hard to say this early, but looks like a possible star of the future.

mightymo
06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Melton race 3 - Carribean Blaster is massive overs on fixed oddss. Night of stars is only danger. Back them both and get in the queue!

Gold Coast Race 6 - Im very biased, but i expect Sixpence to run very well, unless the locals decide to stitch us up like they did last week!

mightymo
06-17-2011, 08:53 PM
The big punters must be listening to you. At this present moment Smart VC is paying $1.90 in NSW and $2.70 in VIC !

Smart VC will start fav, and quite possibly odds on

admin
06-17-2011, 09:26 PM
I think we've "hijacked" this thread with thoroughbred talk, albeit quite interesting. Anyone got any harness specials for the weekend that they want to divulge? No odds-on please :-)

Double Hijack: Do you guys think we need a thoroughbred forum?

aussiebreno
06-17-2011, 09:44 PM

You'd want to roster on a couple of mods. Most thoroughbred forums end up being ruined by idiots.

mightymo
06-17-2011, 09:49 PM

absolutely not

mango
06-17-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm with you on that Mightymo.

Neil
06-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :-)

mightymo
06-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Melton race 3 - Carribean Blaster is massive overs on fixed oddss. Night of stars is only danger. Back them both and get in the queue!

Gold Coast Race 6 - Im very biased, but i expect Sixpence to run very well, unless the locals decide to stitch us up like they did last week!

i hope a few people listened! :):)

David Summers
06-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Absolutely not!!!! We do not want a thoroughbred forum. Promise we will never mention THEM again :-)

David Summers
06-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Did you see that win by Smart VC at Gloucester Park tonight?

Wow, very impressive again. Now won 3 from 4. I have been known to go off early about coming stars , but I think this colt is something special. Don't know how strong that WA form is in that race, but would love to see him in the open spaces of Menangle sometime soon.

mango
06-18-2011, 11:04 AM

I followed your tip on Our Sixpence and more so when i seen who was driving.

David Summers
06-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Warning: Have not done form and not much of a form analyst anyway
Melton Rc2 Luv Tha Aces Lombo to beat Brulea Charlie and Jackson Grant
Melton Rc4 Baltic Ice to beat Lets Slash and Burn and Tanabi Bromac
Melton Rc5 One of the Justices; Ill take Thomas Pyke from Toulouse Lautrec and Onedin Hustler with Our Madagascar a good chance as well.
Melton Rc8 Miss Warbucks but might start on odds on :s
Melton Rc9 Forest Babe

Huge run by Miss Warbucks. Usually bulletproof at the start but galloped away badly and 100 meters behind the leader after half a lap. Caught up , raced four wide for most of the last lap but coasted to the line for an easy win. The field was not that strong , but you need a big heart to win as she did.