PDA

View Full Version : horse of the year

duplication
06-22-2011, 12:44 PM
an interesting article written by Mick Guerin,i find it rather strange however where he writes about smoken ups performance adds to his chances of horse of year,what has it got to do with winning n.z title going 1.48.5 in AUS. by an AUS. horse is beyond me,also like to add where he writes about some could be a little biased,i find that me ole friend a little odd coming from you.

Don Corleone
06-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Is Smokin Up not a NZ bred? Is The Mighty Quinn not a NZ bred? Not that breed matters as it is the horse that is worthy of the title that should win. This years Horse of The Year is a bit of a challenge as there is no real standout in my opinion. Carrabella being the obvious. Hard call though.

duplication
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
doesnt matter where they are bred,it is based on n.z performancers and n.z trained horses performancers in AUS.With the charge hanging over smoken up the appeal will not be heard to after the awards their is no way they can give it to him,same applies to the mighty quinn,a rare event granted but a real shame because honestly one or other should have won it,to me Carabella will win the award probably by default,and I Can doosit the trotters.but back to your question it is not based on aussie trained horses winning aussie races,that will win them there awards over there.

aussiebreno
06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Don; your reasoning would have had Mr Feelgood eligible for United States HOTY because he won Hunter Cup and ID that year. I agree with duplication here.

Don Corleone
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
What I am trying to say is, whatever was deemed worthy of the best performances sholuld be awarded the title, as when Scotch Notch and La Coocaracha won trotter of the year titles here. Australia have pretty much dominated every race they have competed in this season. Yes Carabella will win the title, but was she the best?