PDA

View Full Version : For the Buffs...a couple of interesting pedigrees.

triplev123
06-27-2011, 09:30 PM
One's in the USA...American Jewel, a previously mentioned 1:54.0 qualifed & soon to race 2yo filly.
She's by American Ideal from Trim Hanover, thus she is 3 times bred to the same maternal line, that of K Nora....1 time each through American Ideal's sire Western Ideal & American Ideal's dam Lifetime Success...and for a 3rd time through Trim Hanover.

The other's an outstanding 3yo filly from QLD by the name of Forever Gold. She's bred 2 x 3 to Fake Left being by Forever Now, a son of Fake Left, from a mare that's out of a daughter of Fake Left.

mango
06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks Triple, the Forever Gold is an interesting one and a bit close (2x3) for me and i will be keeping an eye on American Jewel.

triplev123
06-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeh, it looks good on paper I guess don't think the Fake Left thing has got a whole lot to do with it myself. It could just as easily be as a result of the damline she's from...Landship & her decendants/close relations include/have produced a number of very good horses over the years. That's Ron Croghan's old family, traces to a mare he picked up in NZ by the name of Frigate. It has thrown up Monarch's Best, Speed King, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Surfing Safari, October Original & so on.

mango
06-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey Triple

That family has produced some nice horses over the years, i remember seeing race tapes of old Speed King back in his day and gee he had some speed.

triplev123
06-27-2011, 11:36 PM
A mate of yours could tell you all you wanted to know about Speed King. Years ago when he stood in QLD I saw a 2yo colt by the name of Speed Ace go in 1:56 at Albion Park and I remember thinking at the time how wicked fast he was.

mango
06-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey Triple

I'd say there will be a few people taking a close interest in American Jewel as they have sent Life Sign mare's to A-Ideal for the double up of Three Diamonds but for American Jewel to have 3 x Three Diamonds is very interesting. Wonder how your brother is going in the big house by himself, i'd say he will be checking out all the A-Ideal and Bettor's weanling's whilst trying to tell us he has had a hard day lol.

triplev123
06-28-2011, 12:18 AM
He has had some long days I know that. Still powering along last night closing in on 2am NZ time. He mentioned that he had seen some nice weanlings actually. You're either reading my mind, my e-mails or you've been talking to him. :rolleyes:

mango
06-28-2011, 07:38 AM
I got a few txt's and e-mails.

Greg Hando
06-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Isn't Artistic Fella 2 x 3 to or vice versa to Easy To Love or have i got the wrong mares name sorry 3 x 3 when i looked it up

mango
06-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey Winston

Good to see your studying up, no need to be sorry i did the same sought of thing the other wk lol.

triplev123
06-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Yep, he's bred 3x3 to Easy To Love.
She's present as the grand dam of Artistic Fella's sire and also the grand dam of his dam. I've seen quite a few Standardbred Stallions over the years and he really was something else. He is all absout size, power & presence and really made an impression on me.
If you ever get a chance go take a look at him in the flesh. Stand squarely behind him & get down a bit to approximately where a US driver would be situated. You'll wonder how the Hell it was that Cat Manzi could've possibly seen where he was going & straight away you'll also understand how he could pace the times he did and win the races he did in the way that he won them. 26 wins all up with 12 of them in sub 1:50 and 7 of them between 1:48 and 1:48.4 including a WR 1:48.0 on a 1000m track...plus $2.6 million earned ain't too shabby. His 10 straight Stakes wins at The Meadowlands as a 3yo was one of the all-time great age group romps IMO.
Based on what I've seen of his foals/weanlings to date, I wouldn't hesitate as far as sending mares to him. For $4,000 or thereabouts you'll get a whole lot of horse for not a whole lot of money. I'd be stunned if he didn't make the grade as a sire here in Oz.

mango
06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey Triple

Watched the dvd again the other night and he was a super horse. This is just my opinion but if he had of been by another stallion and not Pacific Fella his price would be doubled and he would be fully booked.

triplev123
06-29-2011, 10:58 PM
That's fair comment. I was no Pacific Fella fan myself though he did get some exceptionally good horses. I thought that Schinzig Buller over in WA was a terrific colt.

triplev123
07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
She won a NYC Fair Sires Stakes 2yo race today at her first start, no big deal, but check out her pedigree. VERY unusual.
She's by American Ideal from Lindy's Specialsoul by Lindy Lane from Special Soul by Artsplace from Another Super by Super Bowl from Crown Starlet by Speedy Crown.
Maybe the straight out Trotting breds paced or something, don't know, but these days it's a pretty rare thing that you'll see pedigrees flip flop between straight out Pacing and Trotting sires the way this one does.

mango
07-01-2011, 04:58 PM
That sure does open up the gene pool, very strange never seen or heard of anything like this before.

Love Of Courage
07-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Hello Hello,

I would appreciate some feedback to this planned mating. I have a filly called Lifes Kiss ( Life Sign - Montrachet ) that I was thinking of sending to American Ideal to get a 3 x 3 to Three Diamonds. I am not as knowledgeable with pedigrees so would appreciate your thoughts. Are there any other stallions that would give this 3 x 3 cross.

Regards,

Sue

mango
07-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi Sue

Not sure if there are any other stallion's that would give you the 3x3 to Three Diamonds, i'm thinking about doing this same cross with my Life Sign mare. As Triple said in an earlier post Life Sign's are grinders and American Ideal had point to point speed so thats a good thing mixing the 2 together. American Ideal seems to be doing a good job so far and his price isn't to bad either.