mango
11-12-2010, 07:34 AM
5 invites already handed out for the Miracle Mile
Mr Feelgood
Smoken Up
Blacks A Fake
Monkey King
Villagem

Who would you like to see get the remaining 3 spots, well for one of those spots i'd like to see Make Mine Cullen get a start but for the other 2 spots i have no idea. Would like to here from anyone who they reckon deserves a spot and why. I do understand that the winner of the Cordina sprint gets a start but untill that race lets see who we reckon should get a start.

bbd
11-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Mango,

Make Mine Cullen couldn't match with the boys in her own age group in the Chariots. Why do you think she can now cut it with the open class pacers? That's why Douglas skipped the Legends Mile and took the easy way and beat up on the far easier competition of the mares only race. The time was good but she didn't have the pressure she'd get against the big boys.
I think Melpark Major should get a spot. His win at Kilmore showed he's back nearing his best - and his best is enough to beat most of them.

nat
11-12-2010, 07:03 PM
I like Make Mine Cullen she has proved enough this year, Melpark Major wasnt to flash in the legends I also like Has The Answers any horse who owns the track record at Gloucester Park needs a look in

mango
11-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Has The Answers can run great times around Gloucester Park imagine what he could do around Menangle, i'm with you Nat i'd prefer to see Make Mine Cullen get a run before Melpark Major. Her form is good and i think she deserves her chance and for bbd to say she was beaten in chariots by the boy's is a fair call but i think she would hold her own with the right draw in the Miracle Mile.

mango
11-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Has The Answers finished way back in the field in a 2506m race and you'd think if they were trying to get a Miracle Mile spot they would of kept him in the shorter races which he has been going good at. But looking through the program at Gloucester Park last night there were 2 1700m race's one for MO only and the other you had to be balloted out of the Parliamentarians Cup and that was never going to happen to Has The Answers. One would think Gloucester Park would of programed a 1700m FFA for horses that are trying to get a start in the Miracle Mile.

nat
11-13-2010, 08:51 AM
He struggles anything over 2100m when against good horses I was shocked by his below par run last night 100m 9th but I’m a bit like you in that they where thinking MM you would had though about backing him off a bit and targeting sprint distances but in saying that it all depends on what races are programmed and their structures for horses with his assessment, 1:56.3 for 2506m they were motoring

mango
11-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Newcastle Mile
Rohan Home 1:53.3 does he deserve an invite or should they wait and way up there options over the next wk?

nat
11-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I really don’t know but there has to be some races like the Newcastle Mile, Legends Mile, The Mount Eden Sprint, NZ cup & FFA that are time honoured race that carry more weight than the sprint series held in Sydney that has the guarantied start card for the winner. It would be nice that all horses were selected at least a month out so they can bring it all on the night not leave it all trying to get into the field. Its time to get professional about the race and not have this element of surprise this is a show case race world wide we wont the best doing their best we wont sub 1:50 times

mango
11-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Nat
Well said i couldn't agree more, to be honest who ever gets the next 3 spots will have there work cut out for them as i do think the 5 horses already chosen are going super and i'd be very suprised if the winner doesn't come out of them. And for them getting the invitation early allows them to concentrate on the M.M and they will have there horse's cherry ripe for the big one. I just watched a replay of the Newcastle Mile and even though he had a peg run i thought Magic Operative was still full of running going across the line, does a horse like him come into calculation considering he is a 1:51 and change winner at Menangle?

nat
11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Look at Magic Operative run on M.M. day last year in a lead up race he is my smoky to gain a start through the sprints and I thought he could win last night on the back of his run at Menangle behind Smoken Up as he can sure sprint home he only needs a run close up with the speed on it would be interesting to se his final quarters in these races.

Don Corleone
11-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Whoever gets the next invites it will be one hell of a race. I have been lucky enough to see 2 MM's - way back in 1980 and what a field that was, and again last year. Great race and certainly is something special.

nat
11-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Who's going to fill the last 2 spots my guess is Magic Operative through the sprints and Make Mine Cullen an invite any other thought out there

mango
11-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi Nat
I would have to agree with you on that one . For me i don't think Melpark Major has done enough i think the only way he could of made it was to win the Cordina Sprint which he is not even in.

nat
11-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Obviously there are a couple more that are in the sprint but and have directed their intentions at the MM but Magic Operative & Make Mine Cullen are the best in my view of the rest possibly cannot overlook Be Good Johnny he has put some fine run together this season behind Mr Feelgood and Blacks A Fake and finishing his races off in good times. A lot of the other good horses around just don't seem up to it at the moment and to me these 2 horses wouldn't just be making up the numbers. There are some interesting races over the weekend with some of the MM aspirants going around.

MasterK
11-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Well i hope Make Mine Cullen gets it although i wouldnt be disappointed if Stunin Cullen got it even though he didnt go amazing over cup week. Hes still run some very good times

Termite
11-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I would think that the Douglas' and Roger Bazley should feel rightly ripped of if Make Mine Cullen doesn't secure the 8th spot in the field. This mare has been outstanding. She won in fast time, she's beaten the best of her sex and has flogged some quality ffa horses in such races as the Kilmore Cup and she seems to be getting better and better. For those who criticize her for not taking any real big scalps, that argument lost all cred when Rohan Holme was shoe-horned in last week. Whilst I don't think she can beat the Monkey, Smoken up or Mr Feelgood, I think she has earned the right to take one of the 8 places. However the cards fall, it will be a super race, as the field and the track will ensure an awesome time. Ironically however, I believe the racing is missing Australasia's fastest horse - Imthemightyquinn. Sadly, he has put in a couple of shockers around Gloucester Park facing the breeze and was exposed for his lack of toughness. This horse is not brave, but with the right run, there's no horse in Australia that could out hold him out down the Menangle straight.

Sinbad Bay
11-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Joke that Rohan Holme gets in and horses like Melpark Major and Make Mine Cullen are still on the sidelines.

Looking at the Cordina Chickens Sprint field on Sat night where the winner will get an invite, Melpark Major would start $1.50 and smash that lot. Won 2 of past 3 starts and beat a "couple of battlers" in Smoken Up and Villagem and ran home 56.1 at Kilmore and 54.7 at Melton. Tell me a horse outside the field with better credentials than that

Jimmy
11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Sinbad bay, i think Melpark Major will get in now after winning last night over Villagem, and who ever wins to night will fill the final spot, I'm tipping Lonestar Legend. The mare will more then likely miss out, bit of a shame but that's the way it looks at the moment, if she was going to get in they would of got the invite by now one would think.