Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Johnson View Post
Mango
Yes I am not a fan of Western Hanover as they are well known to be moody bad tempered horses. That whole line is the same.
You have to like Western Ideal though and he might be the one that carries a good line on through Rocknroll Hanover, maybe, but the jury is still out yet on him as well. As for other sons of Western Hanover like I said earlier they all leave good lookers but overall are not appealing horses for the trainers. I really believe history will tell you long term that the Western Hanover line will not do as well as many people think. They have been dissapointing to date except for Western Ideal.
Rocknroll via Western Ideal may be all he needs. I recall watching Dancer drive Silent Majority, a quick little guy who was very handy on the track but never really set himself apart from the rest in any way--with the exception of producing Abercrombie. When he did that, he rose above all others in the Adios line and made his mark forever.

Wishing Stone, the quick and handy little trotting colt out of Conway Hall, who is distinguishing himself of late, may be a candidate for the same sort of success when he retires from racing.