Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Jereme's Jet

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea

Jereme's Jet

Would anyone know how many mare's Jereme's Jet served in 2010

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.
    For this season I believe he was restricted to 100 mares because of problems arising from his shipment back to Canada. My understanding is that the 100 mare quota was attained and access for additional mares was then restricted. We bred 3 mares to him and found the semen quality to be just fine, so I'm not sure whether the restricted use was necessary.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi newschool
    Thanks and i found out Jereme served 117 and he wasn't restricted due to his semen it was due to him getting a bit crook due to an infected tooth.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I would say he will get a lot more mares this coming season in Canada as a result of the Harisburg Sale. They sold for unreal money. The Canadians have got just so much money at the moment and they were thwe big buyers. I am still not sure if he will make it at stud as he is a Western Hanover but he certainly has been given a huge chance.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Thomas
    Not to be rude but it seems that you don't like the Western Hanover line, could you please explain and give me some insight as in Aus we don't see or hear everything about the stallions over there and also what stallion line do you like.

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.

Western Hanover has been a dominant and prolific sire line in North America

By my count, there have been at least 29 sons and 12 grandsons of Western Hanover that have been active breeding stallions. Two of his sons, Western Ideal and The Panderosa, have in total at least 12 sons that are also active stallions. In my opinion, Jeremes Jet is probably an upgrade on Western Ideal

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Newschool
    So you would rank Jereme's Jet an upgrade on Western Ideal, Western Ideal has done a great job at stud why would you consider Jereme an upgrade?

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Thomas
    Not to be rude but it seems that you don't like the Western Hanover line, could you please explain and give me some insight as in Aus we don't see or hear everything about the stallions over there and also what stallion line do you like.
    Mango
    Yes I am not a fan of Western Hanover as they are well known to be moody bad tempered horses. That whole line is the same.
    You have to like Western Ideal though and he might be the one that carries a good line on through Rocknroll Hanover, maybe, but the jury is still out yet on him as well. As for other sons of Western Hanover like I said earlier they all leave good lookers but overall are not appealing horses for the trainers. I really believe history will tell you long term that the Western Hanover line will not do as well as many people think. They have been dissapointing to date except for Western Ideal.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Thomas
    Thats good to hear as my Mach3 mare had a Western Ideal filly, so which line do you prefer example Artsplace/Art Major. Would like to know your thoughts and why.

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Certainly in Australia and New Zealand sons of western hanover have yet to achieve as expected at stud. I will be surprised if JJ changes this pattern. I do however, think that sons of Western Ideal could have the genetic capacity to produce in this part of the world. Dawn ofa new day left a couple of real nice horses from limited opportunities and he was only just a racehorse himself. I will be watching very closely to see what the progeny of American Ideal throw up in this forthcoming 2YO season down under.

+ Reply to Thread