+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jereme's Jet

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Johnson View Post
    Mango
    Yes I am not a fan of Western Hanover as they are well known to be moody bad tempered horses. That whole line is the same.
    You have to like Western Ideal though and he might be the one that carries a good line on through Rocknroll Hanover, maybe, but the jury is still out yet on him as well. As for other sons of Western Hanover like I said earlier they all leave good lookers but overall are not appealing horses for the trainers. I really believe history will tell you long term that the Western Hanover line will not do as well as many people think. They have been dissapointing to date except for Western Ideal.
    Rocknroll via Western Ideal may be all he needs. I recall watching Dancer drive Silent Majority, a quick little guy who was very handy on the track but never really set himself apart from the rest in any way--with the exception of producing Abercrombie. When he did that, he rose above all others in the Adios line and made his mark forever.

Wishing Stone, the quick and handy little trotting colt out of Conway Hall, who is distinguishing himself of late, may be a candidate for the same sort of success when he retires from racing.

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.

Jeremes Jet vs Western Ideal

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Newschool
    So you would rank Jereme's Jet an upgrade on Western Ideal, Western Ideal has done a great job at stud why would you consider Jereme an upgrade?

Of course Western Ideal has proven himself and Jeremes Jet is still an unproven stallion. My projection that Jeremes Jet will likely evolve into a better stallion than Western Ideal is based on the following:

1)They both have very strong dams born 10 years apart and raced almost the same number of times, but I give the nod to Ohyouprettything. I don't have the year-by-year data for Leah Almahurst, but I suspect Ohyouprettything had better 2-year old results and her 3-year old time was almost 2 seconds faster.
    2)My analysis indicates that Western Hanover's pedigree matches up better with Ohyouprettything than with Leah Almahurst in 3 ways:
    - a stronger Meadow Skipper presence,
    - a beneficial Good Time match, and
    - a double Volomite match further back in her pedigree
    3)Western Ideal had his best year at age 5 with earnings that year of $1,220,000 and a time of 1:48m; Jeremes Jet had his best year at age 2 with earnings that year of $1,176,542 and a time of 1:50.4s, then lowered his time to 1:48.1m at 3 and to 1:47m in a time trial at age 4. (Apparently, JJ's earnings at age 3 would have been higher had he not been sick most of that year.)

If appearance counts for anything, the Jeremes Jet colts and fillies certainly look the part. It won't be long until we find out whether the first crop can live up to the lofty expectations.
    Last edited by newschool; 11-21-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Omitted my 3rd point in the original posting

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Newschool
    Which line do you like Artsplace/Western Hanover or any other line, which has done the best job in the u.s over the last 10yrs and which one do you think will leave a bigger mark on the industry?

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    I have seen a couple of JJ foals, and there is a lot to like about then, will be very interesting to see how the go on the track and what type of money they bring at the sales.

nat
    For what it is worth and from what I can gist from the situation and other forums and what I have heard is that when it comes to Western Hanover you either get a good one or nothing,whether that be a race horse or stallion don't hang me on that as with breeding I hope that what we southern hemisphere people can learn from this forum

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Jeremes Jets sold well in the U.S, i've just recieved an e-mail from a gentlemen over there and he said it was a big suprise they sold so well. He said the talk was he was a great 2yr old but very disapointing as a 3 and 4yr old. So it will be interesting to see how they go and sell over here, the ones i have seen have been outstanding types so maybe that was the big selling point.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Newschool
    I was just reading over your post again and yes you can take all those things into calculation but i would also look at the family close up, i think by far Western Ideal has the stronger family overall and if you were to take Jeremes Jet and Ohyouprettything out there is nothing of any importance in the first 4 dams. Just an interesting note for some people Western Ideals half sister is Best Of Memories who is the dam of Mr Feelgood who will be racing next wk in the Miracle Mile.

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    A great deal of Canadian money was spent at Harrisburg, particularly from Ontario, where Jereme's Jet stands. As a result, Ontario based stallions did better than actual performance would dictate they should. On the other hand, with all the upheaval in New Jersey, stallions like Rocknroll Hanover and Muscles Yankee had lower averages and top end sales than one might expect. Geography played a major role in this year's results. Studs like Credit Winner and Donato Hanover were privileged over some others, not only because of performance, in the case of CW, and expectations, with DH, but because of where they reside.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Joe
    Thanks for your insight and a different way of looking at things, are certain states over there struggling and why are they is it due to some states having slots/racino's to support tracks or are there other reasons that should be taken into account. I see the Meadowlands is in trouble from an Aussie's point of view i look at the Meadowlands as the Mecca of the sport.

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.

Western Ideal vs. Jeremes Jet

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Newschool
    I was just reading over your post again and yes you can take all those things into calculation but i would also look at the family close up, i think by far Western Ideal has the stronger family overall and if you were to take Jeremes Jet and Ohyouprettything out there is nothing of any importance in the first 4 dams. Just an interesting note for some people Western Ideals half sister is Best Of Memories who is the dam of Mr Feelgood who will be racing next wk in the Miracle Mile.
    I agree with your assessment of the depth of quality in Western Ideal's pedigree. I guess that's a choice each of us need to make: the certainty of the proven production from Western Ideal vs. the upside potential offered by Jeremes Jet.

I have one colt from each of these stallions and they are both very nice, however at present I am more excited by the Jeremes Jet yearling now in this early stage of his training.

+ Reply to Thread