Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jereme's Jet

nat
    Possible breeder breeding on northern hemisphere times, but I know in my own situation when you have missed a few year with no result you will try your hardest to get a mare in foal even look at other stallions, a year without a foal and your 3 years behind miss 2 or 3 years your 4 and 5 years behind

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Nat,
    Change your Vet before you change your stallion

nat
    Nothing to do with the vet, was trying to get in foal to very commercial stallion with a no result I gave up and had a no result for the year a bit of the mare and stallions fault I feel, some times just wonder how much they water the semen down to make the quoters and how that affects conception rates with difficult mares.

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.
    Not sure why Jeremes Jet wouldn't be popular on your side of the world. He was definitely sought after in our fall sales over here. Canadians were the strongest buyers, but many were purchased by Americans (presumably to race in the Ontario Sires Stakes). Paul Macdonell drove him during his racing career and obviously liked him well enough to spend $120k on day 3 at Harrisburg.

I have a Jeremes Jet colt in training which my trainer really likes - and we have heard of similar feedback from other owners.

It won't be long now until we get to see his first 2-year olds start racing in about 6 months. By next breeding season you will have more information on which to form your decisions and decide how good he might be.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jammsb View Post
    I don't know this Thomas Johnson. But I am rather shocked by what he says about Western Hanover and his line. Does he not realize that WH is THE ALL TIME LEADING MONEY PRODUCING SIRE!! He has sired the winners of more money than any stallion in the history of any breed. Furthermore, he didn't start out on top. He started at an extremely modest stud fee of $4,000. In his first few books, there were very few if any, quality mares. Actually in retrospect, the only mare of any quality in his first book was Rich N Elegant, before she was "Rich N Elegant". At the time she was a maiden mare who finished her racing career racing in modest claiming events. I wonder how many great horses Mr Johnson has bred and owned.
    I never said that Western Hanover is not a great producing sire. I am fully aware of his unreal ability to produce racehorses. What I said was that I am not a fan of Western Hanover and that I was trying to say that "I do not know if he will make it as a sire of sires" to date he has got a lot to prove as a sirer of sires and I that the only chance that I can see him doing that is with Western Ideal and now maybe Jeremes Jet. I too like the fact that Jereme mother is by a Abercrombie lined stallion in Sportsmaster and that may give him an edge that the whole Western Hanover line needs to be a real sire of sires. Good luck to all breeders that have bred a Jereme Jets. Having an opinion is what this forum is about as every person is entitled to there own view.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    The sons of Western Hanover have for the most part been dissapointing in AU & NZ with Barnett Hanover, Righteous Hanover, Red River Hanover, all flops. Badlands Hanover has been the best of them, I think all sires are compared to Artsplace and his sons. In NA Western Ideal , Western Terror to some extent are successful and The Panderosa looked to
    be good early in his career but has fadded... would that be correct of the NA view on these stallions?

Hi Newschool, what is the breeding of the mare that your JJet is out of ?

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    It has been the same here in the US justdoit as I said there is still a good chance with Western Ideal (out of a Abercrombie mare out of a Meadow Skipper mare) Jeremes Jet (out of a Sportsmaster mare out of a Race Time mare) and then there are the two recent additions to the stallion ranks that I forgot to mention Well Said (out of a Artsplace mare out of a Matt Scooter mare) and If I Can Dream (a full brother to Western Terror, out of a Artsplace mare out of a On The Road Again mare).

Thats it folks if they do not make the grade big time it maybe one of the grandsons of Western Hanover that will take the breed to another level. That is a big maybe in my thoughts for what it is worth. Just my opinion thats all.

Here is a list of all the other sons of Western Hanover that are at stud and producing winners but not setting the world on fire.

The Panderosa
    Red River Hanover
    Mantacular
    Allamerican Ingot
    Rambaram
    Rustler Hanover
    Badlands Hanover
    Totally Western
    Richess Hanover
    Union Guy
    Kilowatt
    Barnett Hanover

There are no other sons of Western Hanover that have earn't more than $300,000 in stakes that are at stud to my knowledge.

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    The sons of Western Hanover have for the most part been dissapointing in AU & NZ with Barnett Hanover, Righteous Hanover, Red River Hanover, all flops. Badlands Hanover has been the best of them, I think all sires are compared to Artsplace and his sons. In NA Western Ideal , Western Terror to some extent are successful and The Panderosa looked to
    be good early in his career but has fadded... would that be correct of the NA view on these stallions?

Hi Newschool, what is the breeding of the mare that your JJet is out of ?

Justdoit, in response to your question about the dam of my Jeremes Jet colt:
    First of all, the mare is a full sister to a mare that made over $550k lifetime. These sisters are linebred to Bret Hanover - their sire is by a son of Storm Damage and dam by a son of Strike Out. The dam of their sire is Albatross-Tar Heel- Good Time; and their dam's dam is Most Happy Fella-Gene Abbe-(Volomite line sire).

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Before I go any further, I need to say that the more assets a potential sire has, the better he will be liked and perceived. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will make him a great stallion. Its great if he has a wonderful and substantial pedigree. However there have been far more stallions who were good horses with great pedigrees who were dismal failures than those who were successful. I absolutely believe that great sires are great sires just because they have the genetic makeup(whatever that might be) to become great sires. Western Ideal isn't a great sire because he is out of Leah Almahurst. If that were the case then why isn't his full brother Western Hero who was a failure? Nor will Jeremes Jet be good or bad because he is out of Ohyouprettything. Great sires are great sires, just because they are.
    In the history of our breed there have been several horses who were unfashionably bred that succeeded beyond expectations. Just as there have been numerous extremely well bred horses who were given all sorts of opportunities and failed. The most prominent example(but not the only one) of a horse with nondescript credentials who appears in the pedigree of every pacer in North America and the vast majority of pacers throughout the world is Hal Dale. Hal Dale was a small horse with anything but a notable pedigree. HeHe didn't breaki his maiden until he was a six year old and earned less than a thousand dollars in his racing career. Yet, he is arguably the most influential pacing stallion in the history of the breed.
    Obviously when choosing I stallion I would prefer one with all the credentials including but not limited to pedigree, performance, conformation and courage. But does that guarantee success? Absolutely not. Like a great horseman once told me when it comes to choosing top stallions "Many are called, but few are chosen".

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Great sires are great sires, just because they are. NO
    I disagree, they all have something in common its just that it has not
    been found yet.

+ Reply to Thread