Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Penrith's off...again.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

So i take it each of the clubs Penrith, Bankstown and fairfield own the land which the tracks are situated on and if they do that would be some serious coin. The cost of land and setting up at Eatern Creek wouldn't be cheap.

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    blow up all the tracks in sydney and make them race at menangle

why do we need to look after the weak, high gatespeed horses (same goes for not having a sprintlane)? would advance our breed 100x racing at menangle, no place to hide in that long straight

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I think you have to accomodate all classes of horses, at the present time the better class of horses are racing at Menangle and the less class of horses are placed where there best suited so i don't see how it would advance our breed anymore all you would have is a B class horse up against an A+ horse and we know the result.

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    mango, the way i see it, would a mares progeny be more valuable if its mother won 5 races at harold park leading or had won 5 at menangle leading and every horse having a decent shot at beating it?

maybe not everyone looks into the mares performance as i do... a bit of an olds wives tale but that is why i believe the kiwis have usually dominated the classic races, there horses are exposed to tough racing either through big fields, long races or racing older horses..or a combination of them... maybe thats not 100% the breeding but it has to have some positive result

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Smithy

I see where your comming from but not everyone breeds to sell, so whether they win 10 at Menengle or 10 at Redcliffe it doesn't matter to a majority of people. I don't know the percentage but as a guess i'd say 60% of people breed to race as i said i don't know the percentage and correct me if i'm wrong.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Smithy

I was just thinking a bit more about your post and yes people will think a mare's progeny is more valuable winning 5 at Menangle in say 1:55 but i see know difference between that and a mare winning 5 at Bathurst in 2min's. Yes it does all depend where the horse was in running but then you have to consider track size and so on.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Smithy

I see where your comming from but not everyone breeds to sell, so whether they win 10 at Menengle or 10 at Redcliffe it doesn't matter to a majority of people. I don't know the percentage but as a guess i'd say 60% of people breed to race as i said i don't know the percentage and correct me if i'm wrong.
    Actually Mango, from the statistics we gathered recently as part of the Breeders Panel, it was found that 90%(yes NINETY%) of people who breed, breed to race the resultant foal!

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo

Wow that is a lot more than i thought i was actually going to put down 75% but i didn't want to put my foot in my mouth and either way i was way off. So in saying that i guess those who breed to race would be happy to win 5 race's whether it be at Menangle or Bathurst and to those people it doesn't effect them what time there mare's go as they breed to race.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks Mo for that statistic. I did not realise either that the percentage would be generally so high. However , I will say that amongst my close breeding acquaintances , that your "breed to race" percentage is pretty accurate.

nat
    Has there been any move to upgrade the country track in NSW maybe standardize them to 1000m where possible even through in another 1400m I know where smithy is coming from those numbers look good in the sales catalogues. I don't think you can just race at Menangle the reality is once the prize money goes' up most of the horses racing there now will be forced out to the country tracks to make a living and IMO a few of the horses and driver have been caught out try to race Menangle trip on the smaller tracks

Defiantly with you there Mango I would have guessed around 75% its a wonder how so many good horses come out of the sales

+ Reply to Thread