Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dress Rehearsal?

Member Filly Allan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Allan Schott

Dress Rehearsal?

The racing at the Meadowlands during this fall meet has been pretty sad; more 'B' track than anything else. After all, on Friday night they had three races for $8,000 claimers. Some people have speculated their purse account is running low which has required cutbacks in quality. It finally dawned on me it may not be the case at all, but a dress rehearsal to see how wagering holds up if this type of racing the Meadowlands puts on; can the wagering sustain this level of wagering.

Friday's total handle was $1,533,329.00 for nine races. Saturday's total handle was $1,617,197.00 for ten races. I was trying to find a comparative date to compare handle against and I really can't. The last time they had a fall meet was in 2008 which was a long time ago and then the Breeders Crown was at the Meadowlands. As for trying to come up with a Friday or Saturday date during the 2010 meet which could be used for an accurate comparison, there is none. But suffice it to say , the handle is down big time; probably down over a $1.0 million.

Where does the Meadowland's handle fall? On Wednesday night, January 13, 2010 the handle for a ten race card was $1,702,114.00. Of course, it is not an exact comparison.
    Interested in Harness Racing? Read View From the Racetrack Grandstand

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Allan
    There's been rumours that the Meadowland's is struggling and could even close, i hope thats not correct as from an Aussie point of view when you think of racing over there you think Meadowland's. The only real time i get to see it is when going through stallion dvd's and there have been so many great horses who have won there and have gone on to become great stallions.

Real Name
    Allan Schott
    I expand my thoughts further on my blog.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Allan
    Just a question for you and i might be way of the mark but are you in the November issue of Hoof Beats.

Junior Member Weanling Thad Brzoska will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Transportation
    Some assemblymen are finally speaking up. Hopefully someone is listening. You can spin the numbers to say whatever you want them to say. But the bottom line is the Meadowlands and Monmoth can both continue to race and make money. If a commitment to adding slots to North Jersey is made. A.C. is dead.

Real Name
    Allan Schott

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Allan
    Just a question for you and i might be way of the mark but are you in the November issue of Hoof Beats.
    Yes, I am one and the same.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Allan
    I read the article Best Of Blogging in the November issue that i didn't get untill halfway through the month but its a good read anyway. And it only dawned on me after i read it could it be you. Anyway keep up the good work.

+ Reply to Thread