Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Fair point Breno but I believe in paying the performers that put on the show. Maybe they don't deserve to be racing for $20k (Mind you Stagger Lee is only a 5yo who won his M0 at his last start) but $5k? Will this race bring in a ¼ of the turnover/revenue that a $20k will?
    In the tiered racing thread Kyle asked what has happened to the $10k races - if this race on a Friday night at Melton is only allocated $5k it is hard to imagine what race is going to receive $10k
    Chance at 1st prize is better than being an also run or retired in terms of paying the performer. Stagger Lee and Stewart horse change the equation - but they werent the horses they were trying to get in the race.
    Had it been a C6+ no better than M2 for $5000 at a midweek country meeting would you be ok with it?

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Probably the Len Smith mile Kevin, and some of the martians would find no problem with that either.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Chance at 1st prize is better than being an also run or retired in terms of paying the performer. Stagger Lee and Stewart horse change the equation - but they werent the horses they were trying to get in the race.
    Had it been a C6+ no better than M2 for $5000 at a midweek country meeting would you be ok with it?
    You did not address my post at all Brendan.
    If they did not want Stagger Lee or the Stewart horse they should have attached conditions to insure so. They may have only had 4 starters so maybe the $5k is too skinny to be attractive
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    You did not address my post at all Brendan.
    If they did not want Stagger Lee or the Stewart horse they should have attached conditions to insure so. They may have only had 4 starters so maybe the $5k is too skinny to be attractive
    Would have thought better ones go in the $18K race. Possibly could put another clause on it but they are trying to make more horses competetive so its a tick from me rather than berating them.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 06-10-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Fair point Breno but I believe in paying the performers that put on the show. Maybe they don't deserve to be racing for $20k (Mind you Stagger Lee is only a 5yo who won his M0 at his last start) but $5k? Will this race bring in a ¼ of the turnover/revenue that a $20k will?
    In the tiered racing thread Kyle asked what has happened to the $10k races - if this race on a Friday night at Melton is only allocated $5k it is hard to imagine what race is going to receive $10k
    This 5k race is likely a Supplementary race given they got enough noms of "like" class. Ironically it may produce the biggest % profit on the night based on tote income compared to prizemoney paid out.

Doubt the winner does an M front despite it being an M race as the rules state an M penalty race must be worth more than I think $14,999

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    This 5k race is likely a Supplementary race given they got enough noms of "like" class. Ironically it may produce the biggest % profit on the night based on tote income compared to prizemoney paid out.

Doubt the winner does an M front despite it being an M race as the rules state an M penalty race must be worth more than I think $14,999
    So that explains it. Like Breno, I would have thought the top 2 should have been in the $18k race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    No doubt some of those horses were not at the "retirement stage" as suggested based on their recent form. So we assume it was a supplementary race because they don't advertise it. The time wasn't slow either. If solarsonic and Stagger Lee are not better than Grins rendition I will eat my hat.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Not a bad result all round, $1.80 favourite in a 6 horse field for a Stewart runner. Like Kyle said, only a country penalty and quite possibly a profitable outcome for HRV/the industry.
    No one forces you to nominate for a supplementary race, pays for a few weeks training fees instead of trialling or being an also ran as Breno suggested. Pick up a C class race you can't get back if you win an M.
    For the better class/in form horse like Stagger Lee and Solarsonic it's a bit like the quality 3yo's returning and running in a C0. If you win through your sires campaign without grabbing a C0/C1 first you've lost that opportunity. A loophole (another thread) but in this case $1.80 v $1.04.
    Don't really see the need to list it on the card as a supp race, let your eye be your...when you're having a dabble.
    Attached Images

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for copying that Wayne, as previously stated my problem with it is the prizemoney - paying those who put on the show. Even that that small field with 2 standouts attracted over 2/3rds of the turnover that the $20k race before it did.
    I think if the $10k tier really exists then this should be a $10k race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Thanks for copying that Wayne, as previously stated my problem with it is the prizemoney - paying those who put on the show. Even that that small field with 2 standouts attracted over 2/3rds of the turnover that the $20k race before it did.
    I think if the $10k tier really exists then this should be a $10k race
    I'm sure they could have scrapped the C4+ mares and scrapped the Supp M0-M2 race and just ran one of those races for $10K for a traditional 8 race card.

+ Reply to Thread