Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 112 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    In the second race of the Drivers Championship (R3), Chris Alford takes on the Emma Stewart trained $1.10 fav and brings it undone (26.4 Q1) - I wonder how pleased the 'usual' boss will be

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#HSC09032003
    Might have been worried Sugars would get all the drives if he got the win up!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sugars still probably the driver of the series, winning the last on a longshot and being nosed out on another the race before
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It catches my eye that Chris Alford wins 4 in a row at Cranbourne tonight and then it catches my eye that Luke Tabone trained two of them
    I am no form student but I think to myself - why don't I know these two Odds On pops
    I look at one and see it is an ex NZer
    The other, Rocks Roy, has me puzzled
    He has run 3rd at his last start at YV a week ago but he drew 1 that day and started at $54
    Tonight he has drawn 9 and wins by 24m as a $1.40 fav, his first win in nearly 2 years
    What am I missing?
    Was the field super weak?
    The form suggests that there were others that should have been considered a chance
    I include a link to the form here (but it probably wont be available after midnight)

http://www.harness.org.au/form.cfm?m...rc=CRC10032004

Puzzling, lucky I am not a punter
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Cons...champs-victory

Ridiculous to state:

The championship wooden spoon went to Mark Yole of Tasmania on a countback from Kima Frenning, both with 16 points and both as first-time competitors in the "Noel Smith".

as Kima Frenning had 2 drives while winner Kate Gath had 4
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I noticed Nathan Cahir as trainer/driver of a first starter in the 3yo at Terang on Wednesday, I don't think I have seen Nathan's name for quite a while
    He is a half to a very good filly

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...20#TEC18032006
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Not a fan of the colours on Armidale Rc2 No1 Glen Innes Boy today. Too close to the Knights colours which I think should be protected.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I suppose colours are a bit like copyright, if they are current you should be able to object against anyone infringing on them
    We have a wider family story that relates to colours. The in-laws had the colours black spots on pink long before (and still currently in use) the Black Caviar clan chose black spots on salmon - people think they copied Black Caviar's but the reverse is true
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Not a fan of the colours on Armidale Rc2 No1 Glen Innes Boy today. Too close to the Knights colours which I think should be protected.
    ??? not too sure about the colours Brendan, but I was just pleased to see the horse finally win a race for his Owner Stuie Dawson, fair dinkum that horse has found the long way around to actually knock off his maiden.
    Last edited by Danno; 03-16-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Race 7 at Cranbourne yesterday, won by Vouchers with Forever And A Day running third. Both free legged pacers. Bet that doesn't happen very often. Even having 2 in the same race is rare.
    I think as the breed progresses we will see more of this.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hey Wayne, I see you are making a trip down to the Yarra Valley on Monday
    You have to beat Lotakevi
    I might head out to the nearby hills with my binocs - I am so trots starved

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#YGC23032006
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread