Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 111 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anybody know why ClassicFamilies site is down?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Something felt wrong about R5 at Melton tonight (I don't mean wrong in an underhand way), I don't know whether I was just surprised to see the stablemate put the sword to the long odds on fav or whether it was David Moran's timing or over estimation of Sirletic thus giving the winner the chance to have last crack

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXM31102002
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Anybody know why ClassicFamilies site is down?
    From John Peck. The server which hosts ClassicFamilies website (and others) has been attacked by bots trying to steal their info
    so they have shut down until Tuesday
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the Mildura fields for tomorrow night, I just now noticed that Bernie Winkle has gone back to Julie Douglas
    Geoff Lucas had him for 13 starts for 11 wins and 2 seconds and got the sack
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Starting a new Odds and Ends thread as the trouble with 70 page threads is that it makes it bloody hard to find previous posts you are looking for

No I won't

For after all these years I have taken the time to read things properly and found that it is manageable

Let's say I do a search for 'Patronus Star' using the Search box that you see on the blue menu bar at the top right of every page
    It finds this thread and another large thread for him
    Until tonight I might have thought it will take me forever to find the post I am looking for in such large threads
    But no - I click on the thread and use SEARCH THREAD on the grey menu bar at the top of the page and type in his name again and it lists the exact posts that he was mentioned in for me to simply click on and read
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-03-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Starting a new Odds and Ends thread as the trouble with 70 page threads is that it makes it bloody hard to find previous posts you are looking for

No I won't

For after all these years I have taken the time to read things properly and found that it is manageable

Let's say I do a search for 'Patronus Star' using the Search box that you see at the top right of every page
    It finds this thread and another large thread for him
    Until tonight I might have thought it will take me forever to find the post I am looking for in such large threads
    But no - I click on the thread and use SEARCH THREAD on the grey menu bar at the top of the page and type in his name again and it lists the exact posts that he was mentioned in for me to simply click on and read
    Also when you don't know the thread just go to google and type 'site:www.harnessracingoforum.com Patronus Star' and it will open to the right page of the thread. Although sometimes for this site it opens to an archived version of the thread which is annoying.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hadn't noticed before that Mildura still have an inner fence inside the poles (a tell that I don't watch a lot of Mildura)
    I wonder why - what with safety considerations. I must pay more attention and see if it is the case anywhere else
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    I hadn't noticed before that Mildura still have an inner fence inside the poles (a tell that I don't watch a lot of Mildura)
    I wonder why - what with safety considerations. I must pay more attention and see if it is the case anywhere else
    Most tracks in the Riverina are like this.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    My suggestion is that this is to ensure that wayward horses don't damage the sporting facilities...football/cricket ovals inside the fence, although Boort, Charlton , Wedderburn and St Arnaud have North Central League football ovals inside their tracks..with no fence.

You can see the Mildura situation here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mi...!4d142.1245535
    Last edited by Adaptor; 11-04-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Inner fences must make it harder for Clerks of the Course to cover the track when assistance is required during a race
    But my initial surprise that they still exist is of course due to the chance of an errant horse making contact with them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread