Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 112 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The splits suggest a serious headwind in the home straight at Cranbourne today
    In every race the 3rd Q was faster than the 4th Q
    The average Q4 was over 30 secs

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=CR210222

Considering the conditions it was a top effort by Commander Buzz who never had any cover throughout the race and ran 1.55.6 (a Betting Line doing well)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Jason Bonnington, an excellent idea to write a story about Gavin Lang's influence on our driving ranks last weekend but IMO the story you wrote is full of the superfluous babble that also detracts from your TrotsVision performances

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...ing-disciples/

While on the topic, all our Trots presenters have to remember to keep their questions as short as possible (and general so that the interviewee can tell us what they want to tell us) as we are more interested in what the interviewee has to say. Some egs
    "Tell us about that race"
    "What can you tell us about this horse?"
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The splits suggest a serious headwind in the home straight at Cranbourne today
    In every race the 3rd Q was faster than the 4th Q
    The average Q4 was over 30 secs

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=CR210222

Considering the conditions it was a top effort by Commander Buzz who never had any cover throughout the race and ran 1.55.6 (a Betting Line doing well)
    Back straight at Cranbourne 'downhill'. Front straight 'uphill'. Maybe explain times?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Back straight at Cranbourne 'downhill'. Front straight 'uphill'. Maybe explain times?
    You're definitely right Paul.
    I looked at their 2 previous meetings and the same pattern, 12 races out of 14 saw a quicker Q3 than Q4
    It must be some slope
    I haven't been to Cranbourne for nearly 50yrs but I have a faint recollection of looking down the home straight now that I think about it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Jason Bonnington, an excellent idea to write a story about Gavin Lang's influence on our driving ranks last weekend but IMO the story you wrote is full of the superfluous babble that also detracts from your TrotsVision performances

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/the...ing-disciples/

While on the topic, all our Trots presenters have to remember to keep their questions as short as possible (and general so that the interviewee can tell us what they want to tell us) as we are more interested in what the interviewee has to say. Some egs
    "Tell us about that race"
    "What can you tell us about this horse?"
    Jason certainly likes it himself (from Twitter)
    Every so often, you're inspired to pen something that transcends the sport you cover. I'm very proud of this piece and hope that Gav would be too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    I didn't spy it. Someone a lot more 'eagle eyed' than me did. Which probably explain why they're so much better than me at finding a winner and the attention to detail they put in.

Check out the field for Race 9 at Melton Saturday night. Something 'unusual' about it?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am thinking this will be the one Sammy Kilgour tweeted about regarding the drivers' first names
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    All drivers start with a J?

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Every so often, you're inspired to pen something that transcends the sport you cover. I'm very proud of this piece and hope that Gav would be too
    He'll nominate himself for a Joseph Coulter Award

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Self Praise

My grandmother (lived most of her life in Beaufort) would always say; SELF PRAISE IS NO RECOMMENDATION.

+ Reply to Thread