Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Just as a matter of interest, I clicked on the link for deadheat and when I finished checking all the results clicked on Home Page button and it took me to old format of Harness Oz??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is still the main site until tomorrow Jan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anybody know what has happened at Mildura tonight
    R4 Abandoned and program running late
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    A fall saw one of the races abandoned and re-run I think

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Noel Shinn drove a running double at Yarra Glen yesterday (which Ruth Shinn trained) - is that THE Noel Shinn or a namesake?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#YGC02101710
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    This Noel Shinn is a 65 y/o veteran harness driver/breeder with many wins to his credit in days gone by, but not to many in the last few seasons...!!!! He is a member of that famous racing family.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Pat, I knew he was still around but thought he may have been a bit older than that and could possibly have had a grandson.
    I am away from home with only my tablet and would look up how many winners Noel drove last season but one thing the new site has not done is to make it any easier to find drivers chronicles. If only we could get some NZ expertise - on their site, I would only have to click on his name on the results page
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Thanks Pat, I knew he was still around but thought he may have been a bit older than that and could possibly have had a grandson.
    I am away from home with only my tablet and would look up how many winners Noel drove last season but one thing the new site has not done is to make it any easier to find drivers chronicles. If only we could get some NZ expertise - on their site, I would only have to click on his name on the results page
    On that note, is the best times by distance info still available? It used to be on homepage

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    This Noel Shinn is a 65 y/o veteran harness driver/breeder with many wins to his credit in days gone by, but not to many in the last few seasons...!!!! He is a member of that famous racing family.
    Noel Shinn
    A member of the Shinn Family with a century of participation in trotting. Noel’s grand-father Hubert won races in four States and captured a Melbourne driving premiership in 1933/34. His sons were Bill, Frank and Reg.
    Noel son of Reg, has achieved the most Melbourne driving (158) and training (198) successes of any of the family. Had the first triple Victorian Sire Stakes champion Colbruce, and Inter-dominion finalists Colbruce and Stormrider. Galarion won 10 of only 14 starts. Noel drove all nine winning foals of broodmare gem Pilgrim.

+ Reply to Thread