Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 111 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

aussiebreno
    http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=35618

How could you get the year of Baltic Eagles victory so wrong?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Robert Watson has bred 98 Perth inter dominion winners??

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They didn't say 'Inter' winners Katie
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    wow...that is a hell of a lot of "Inters" winners. Might have to rub up next to R.Watson to get some luck.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With the longshots getting up in R3 at Shep tonight we had a jackpot for the First Four
    It is amazing how the lure of a $3k start to the pool can see R4's First Four pool balloon out to nearly $21k
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anybody else take their eye off the ball and like me not realize that tonight is our Metro meet for the week in Vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Question *

A little off track here but it must have felt similar to a NZ invasion at Launceston last Sunday when Emma Stewart came to town and won 4 of the 6 races she contested
    Why would Vic's leading stable be picking off $7800 races? (and of course the $20k Cup) I imagine it did however constitute a big event. Did you go Pat?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=LN031217
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Yes I did go Kev and thanks for bringing that up, I was ...... off about that approach to the racing at launceston from "the big end of town". I didn't want to appear to be a whinger regarding this issue especially as they had Major Secret come down and take out the cup winning by 21 metres, starting at $1.10 and beating a couple of old ex Victorian claimers. This does nothing for the local competition in my opinion and the harness industry is struggling down here.

I dont know one person who went to watch Major Secret race. I was extremely tempted to approach the 2 legends and tell them to piss off back to the 10 race meetings a week in Victoria and across the border in NSW. But we do see this happen time and time again from Albany to Burnie and the end result is the forcing out the smaller trainer and owners. Tasmania did have a local resident rule either 3 months or 3 starts for a few races at one stage but I have not seen it applied this year. I don't know what the answer is but walking through the stables and looking at local owners and trainers, the disappointment was palpable.
    Last edited by teecee; 12-08-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Looks like the meeting has been cancelled Kev.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is now going to be part of a Big Monday at Melton - it is going to be a day meeting before the scheduled night meeting

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...&fromstate=vic

NB The times in this link are wrong
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread