Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This article promoting (?) today's Great Eastern Steeple does not read well for the gallops industry

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...16-gvlpso.html

It reads to me like the author if not the trainer is worried as to whether the horse will survive it
    Fairfield trots and Oakbank gallops both on today. I'm sensing this will be a thing of a past in a decade or so.

On Fairfield though. Did they use to race weekly? Did they go years without a meeting or always had a few meetings a year? Could be making stuff up but I remember seeing Fairfield in the Daily Telegraph when I was a kid but don't recall ever seeing any races there in recent years.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Watched the movie Secretariat . This is his mum. She was 18 when she had him!!!! AND the 13th foal!!!!

Somethingroyal (March 12, 1952 – June 9, 1983) was an American Thoroughbred racehorse and broodmare. She was the dam of U.S. Triple Crown champion and Hall of Fame inductee Secretariat (by Bold Ruler).
    Somethingroyal was bred in Virginia by her owner Christopher Chenery's Meadow Stud. She raced one time, on August 2, 1954, at Saratoga Race Course, and was unplaced. She was 1973 Broodmare of the Year, and at age 18 became the oldest mare to foal an American Triple Crown winner.
    Somethingroyal lived to the age of 31 and died in 1983. She was the dam of five stakes winners: Secretariat, Sir Gaylord (sire of Epsom Derby winner Sir Ivor), Queen's Colours, First Family, and Syrian Sea; and five who placed in stakes: Somethingfabulous, Grand Coulee, Mostar, Capitol Asset and Cherryville.
    Last edited by trish; 04-17-2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Real Name
    patricia ilsley

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Have your say - Tweet your thoughts on how to improve Victoria trotting @ David Martin. I wish WA would do this. We're battling to get sectionals and position at bell uploaded to harness.org.au and half the time, the mile rate is incorrect

David Martin.JPG

https://twitter.com/DavidMartinAU1/s...35061074190340

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Watched the movie Secretariat . This is his mum. She was 18 when she had him!!!! AND the 13th foal!!!!

Somethingroyal (March 12, 1952 – June 9, 1983) was an American Thoroughbred racehorse and broodmare. She was the dam of U.S. Triple Crown champion and Hall of Fame inductee Secretariat (by Bold Ruler).
    Somethingroyal was bred in Virginia by her owner Christopher Chenery's Meadow Stud. She raced one time, on August 2, 1954, at Saratoga Race Course, and was unplaced. She was 1973 Broodmare of the Year, and at age 18 became the oldest mare to foal an American Triple Crown winner.
    Somethingroyal lived to the age of 31 and died in 1983. She was the dam of five stakes winners: Secretariat, Sir Gaylord (sire of Epsom Derby winner Sir Ivor), Queen's Colours, First Family, and Syrian Sea; and five who placed in stakes: Somethingfabulous, Grand Coulee, Mostar, Capitol Asset and Cherryville.
    One of my favourite movies. They should make one about harness racing.. but which horse should they focus on?

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Fairfield trots and Oakbank gallops both on today. I'm sensing this will be a thing of a past in a decade or so.

On Fairfield though. Did they use to race weekly? Did they go years without a meeting or always had a few meetings a year? Could be making stuff up but I remember seeing Fairfield in the Daily Telegraph when I was a kid but don't recall ever seeing any races there in recent years.
    Brendan,

Fairfield over many years was the place to learn to drive for many top line drivers. Always had good fields and good turnover.
    Found this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rJvu0Ju9Y

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Latest News

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    NSW breeders ....any thoughts on this???

NSW BREEDERS CHALLENGE TERMS & CONDITIONS REVIEW
    HRNSW is undertaking a review of the NSW Breeders Challenge Terms and Conditions in relation to:
    a) Eligibility
     which horses should be eligible (important – refer to current Conditions)
    b) Owners Bonus Scheme Certificates
     should the conditions allow for other forms of redemption – i.e. agistment, vets, semen transport etc  should the Scheme remain Certificate based  if not, how should the Scheme operate
    c) Foal Nominators Bonus
     should the bonus remain as a cash payment  if not, how should the bonus be distributed  who should receive the payment i. the Foal Nominator (owner of the broodmare when foal born) ii. the Breeder (owner of the broodmare when served)
    d) New Initiatives
     Should the Owners Bonus Scheme and the Foal Nominators Bonus cease with the funds to be used on other new initiatives (i.e. increased prizemoney for multiple NSW Breeders Challenge eligible races to be conducted throughout the season)
    The current conditions can be viewed at www.hrnsw.com.au then:
    1. In the top menu hover over Breeders Challenge
    2. Click on BC Quick Links
    3. Click on NSW Breeders Challenge Terms & Conditions
    Submissions are due by Friday, 28 April 2017 and should be sent to HRNSW Manager – Industry Development Adam Fairley @ afairley@hrnsw.com.au or by post to PO Box 1034, Bankstown, NSW, 1885.
    Should you have any queries please contact Adam on 02 9722 6614.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    A $30 thou race attracts 6 horses.
    (now 7 Yayas late).

21 April 2017
    SCHWEPPES SYDNEY CUP (GROUP 3)

PACERS 2140 METRES MOBILE START Race codeBKC21041701ClassBarrier DrawPBD/CStakes$30,600Race NotesOpen to all pacers
    HorseDriverHcAgeSexAssessmentPointsOther Engagements TIGER TARA NZ T P McCarthy FT6HorseM8 C15 R15 48 QUICK TURN NZ J N Douglass FT8GeldingM0 C7 R12 41 CONTROVERSIAL NZ C M Geary (C)FT5GeldingM1 C6 R6 41SPARE ME DAYS B M Hewitt FT5HorseM2 C7 R8 40 YAYAS HOT SPOT NZ (Late) C M Geary (C)FT6GeldingM5 C16 R16 34 DYNAMITE DENN NEE NZ M B Towers FT8MareM1 C6 R6 29 CHANTREY NZ C M Geary (C)FT5GeldingM2 C7 R7 272-BKC21041711

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You have to say that Anything For Love was pretty unlucky today
    Goes a 1.49+ mile in a C3-6 and gets beat
    Beaten a HFNK and the deafeners failed to release
    after the winner came off his back
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread