Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 111 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tonight was the night to be backing the Justices.
    Carload trained by John wins an M0 at $25.30 (outsider of the field)
    Carnera trained and driven by Lance wins a TM0 at $20.40
    Hickstead trained and driven by John wins an M1 at $24.20

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    St Arnaud is an excellent viewing track. I have stopped in before but this is my first race day here. A small track with a raised club room and stand, parking on the fence the entire span of the bottom bend and even a lookout in the back straight for another vantage point. A nice green footy ground inside the perimeter also adds to the aesthetics.

If it wasn't for the lack of camber on the bends I could imagine a lot more meets here - I don't know whether the football club would agree to cambering the bottom bend but I can't see how doing the top bend would worry anyone

New year's eve is no doubt a busy Sky day but near on 40 min between races is too long if you are not punting or with a party of people

Lucky to strike such a cracker of a day but I would certainly recommend St A to everybody
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I attended Carrick speedway (near Launceston) yesterday..a twilight meeting. No camber on the bends there either and only has about 6 races a year, a good sized track. The racing was competitive although a 4 goal breeze was hanging around. The crowd was good, plenty of food, some music and a good atmosphere. A lot of small time punters as well. Free entry and you can also wander around and have a look in the horse stabling area. Had to smile at the back-up mobile gate which was attached to an old statesman in "reasonable" condition. A great day.

Member Gelding David Martin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Martin
    Hi Kevin and Pat,

I thought I would add to this positive thread with a comment on some of Victoria's small clubs that I've attended in the last 12 months. In particular, I had a great time at the Birchip and Wangarratta Cups which were both very well attended. These tracks and many others add so much to our sport, with a great family friendly atmosphere, BBQs, vanilla slices, kids attractions, and up-close racing action, etc., etc..

Cheers, David

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quadentate has the first of his progeny going around in R4 at Geelong tonight - Implode

What do you mean you have never heard of sire Quadentate!

He must have been a cheeky 2yo (before gelded) and sired 2

He is by It Is I and is still going around in SA
    He won a Gp2 Southern Cross as a 3yo ($30k to winner)
    and an M0 at Melton so as a sire he may not have been shooting blanks

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#GEC03011804
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I saw this in Twitter and wanted to check it myself. Soho Tribeca has been transferred to Bryan Cousins. Few people hinting that owner and Prentice are still on good terms and stewards will let us know what is up in due time but I'm very curious...

Screenshot_20180104-084050.jpg

Edit: Reason being a Swab inquiry

https://www.pressreader.com/australi...82041917517056
    Last edited by KTQ; 01-05-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    There are 11 war-related named 2 year olds in WA this season. War Club, Fight Song, The War Nurse, Billy Boeing (maybe a stretch), Bee Seventeen, Enemy Lines, Naval Aviator, Ultimate Major, Allwood Peacemaker, Beach Landing and Warriors Code. I thought that was interesting
    Naval Aviator, Beach Landing, Fight Song, Bee Seventeen, Bailey Major, Roman Aviator and Nuclear Poker are all in one 3yo race today at Pinjarra��

A race the other day had Unexpected Visitor, Person of Interest, Mary of Denmark, My Girl Wylene, Flying Scotsman and Circus Runaway. I love name themes
    Last edited by KTQ; 01-08-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good one Katie. I can see you forgetting Form and becoming a Names punter (in your old age)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Another Cup worth $30k+ with 7 starters - Hamilton on Sunday

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...ic#HMC14011801
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Are QLD claimers tougher than VIC claimers?
    Carson Millar's claiming of Mach Cruiser on Oct 27 is now looking inspired
    The 10yo won an M1-2 at Melton tonight to make it 6 wins, 1 second, 1 third and 1 fourth since the claim for over $32k in prizemoney
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread