Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Think today was Charlton meeting at Maryborough due building works at Charlton

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    "Trainer Matthew Craven says he certainly wasn’t “expecting” Wardan Express would win Sunday’s Matthews Petroleum Hamilton Pacing Cup, but he also wasn’t exactly surprised."

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...s-Hamilton-Cup

Maybe they weren't expecting him to win but wouldn't it be refreshing if we had an trainer say "we set him for this race, backed him and would have been disappointed if we missed"

Wardan Express was backed for plenty if the early form guide market is to be believed. He started 3/1 fixed and paid not much better than 2/1 on the tote

https://www.tab.com.au/racing/2019-01-13/HAMILTON/M/H/8
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was a stinker at Cobram yesterday but even so you can see why some suggested the track needed even more water
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In the 4 months since Bopper Jet arrived from NZ, 3 of his 10 starts have been at Geelong and he has won them all.
    I hope that at least some local followed him after that first win because he started $3 for the first win, $6 the second and $17 tonight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#GEC25011903
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am not a fan of names like Tabcorp Park Melton but at least we tack Melton on the end (yeah, yeah I know we need the money/sponsorship)

BUT at least we are not as ridiculous as the gallops. I was checking where they were racing this week and I come across
    'Spendthrift Australia Park' - nothing more

I now know that it happened a couple of months back but for those who do not know - you are supposed to know or work out for yourself that it is Werribee
    Bloody Ridiculous

While I am having a crack at the gallopers. I could not believe that strappers were on their iphones while solely responsible for 500kg of horse flesh in the mounting yard.
    I would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes at Ararat's last meet.
    I had to laugh that one horse who had to settle for 2nd because of his wayward antics in the home straight, was proving difficult for the strapper to get out of the 2nd placegetters stall - might have had something to do with her only having one hand free as she was glued to her phone in the other hand. I cannot imaging why that horse would be a handful
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was glad to see that Ahmed Taiba won R3 at Ballarat last night as he had 3 of the 4 starters (not the fav mind you)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...19#BAC29011907
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Me again with my field themes. This time; male names.

Screenshot_20190207-190309_Firefox.jpg
    Matt, Matt, Ben, Jaxon, Jaxon, Michael Joseph

Dont envy the caller

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am not a fan of names like Tabcorp Park Melton but at least we tack Melton on the end (yeah, yeah I know we need the money/sponsorship)

BUT at least we are not as ridiculous as the gallops. I was checking where they were racing this week and I come across
    'Spendthrift Australia Park' - nothing more

I now know that it happened a couple of months back but for those who do not know - you are supposed to know or work out for yourself that it is Werribee
    Bloody Ridiculous

While I am having a crack at the gallopers. I could not believe that strappers were on their iphones while solely responsible for 500kg of horse flesh in the mounting yard.
    I would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes at Ararat's last meet.
    I had to laugh that one horse who had to settle for 2nd because of his wayward antics in the home straight, was proving difficult for the strapper to get out of the 2nd placegetters stall - might have had something to do with her only having one hand free as she was glued to her phone in the other hand. I cannot imaging why that horse would be a handful

People are fine to use their phone while leading.... until a horse breaks away, goes through a fence, breaks a leg and they're asked what happened.

Weve had to implement a mobile ban at home and even then its constant reminders to get off your phone!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Would be fairly easy to introduce a rule about where you can and can't use a phone on course . Would look better on tv that's for sure and improve safety . But as usual they will do this after a major accident !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thank god for the Hero program showcasing the beauty of the standardbred
    For those who get the Harness Racer magazine, on the cover this edition, it is hard to tell that is a horse next to Chris Lang under all that gear (and that is without a cart)
    The gallopers can have a bit of gear but their appearance is a big advantage they have over us
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread