Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Pedro - Neville 170311.jpg

Hey guys, our horse, Mister Haywood goes around in the final of the Honouree Stakes at Bathurst on Wed 22/3. Has drawn 2 and should give a good show.

He has been in blistering form this season, 5 starts, 2 wins, 1 second, 2 thirds with his 2 wins at his last 2 starts. Fingers crossed he continues on.

The photo is from Neville Show where he annexed the Supreme Standardbred and Best in Led classes. The show was on the weekend between his 2 wins, so I guess we could claim 3 wins from his last 3 starts
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Great stuff Phil, you can definitely claim 3/3 and good luck.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Tact Tate must have provided Vets Cert. Racing Bathurst Saturday.
    Corzin Terror Vets Cert as well - racing Sunday Ouyen.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You can ALWAYS get a vet cert and they are fantastic cures too
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd

It's Nice to Someone Giving Something Back

There are plenty of people bagging other people in harness racing industry. Its nice to see someone giving something back.

http://www.harnessbred.com/some-type-of-strange-system/

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Certainly good PR. Well done Rob
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    At Wagin tonight, my dad owns or has owned 8 of the horses racing. We currently own 2 of those 8 and I think we bred those other 6. Thought it was interesting.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    At Wagin tonight, my dad owns or has owned 8 of the horses racing. We currently own 2 of those 8 and I think we bred those other 6. Thought it was interesting.
    Awesome!!! and good luck tonight...I think you'll get a few winners!!..I'll be there with bells and whistles!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Quote Originally Posted by Big K View Post
    Awesome!!! and good luck tonight...I think you'll get a few winners!!..I'll be there with bells and whistles!!
    I think a couple of our ex-horses came places but our two did nothing I don't think. Results for race 2 aren't uploaded so who knows what happened with Trust my Judgement and Just Above galloped the little shit)

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle

Comparison-Kilmore cup G2 and Albany cup G3 races-what an absolute joke.

Lenny started at $1 favorite and I believe there was a total of $15000 bet on this race which proves the theory that people don't bet on races where there is a red hot favorite. Three good horses pulled out of this race supposedly because Lenny was in it, nonetheless there were some very good horses in this race and it was very competitive.

The Albany cup was won by Our Jimmy Johnstone who paid $1.60 and it was a huge winning margin. I even backed it and I don’t know how the big punters missed this one. The field was one of the worst ever seen in a G3 race in my opinion, it was disgraceful. The winner has been winning country and city cups left right and centre and performed admirably in the last inter dominion series. There were 2 local (Albany) horses, a good claimer and a handy mare in the field of 7 and all started.

This is what is wrong in Australian harness racing where gutless HRA authorities allow this type of one sided event to happen- This town is at least 4 hrs drive from Perth and is definitely country, but where were the local horses? Why was a horse the caliber of OJJ allowed in the race? This is rubbish handicapping and I pointed out this type of event happening on a very regular basis in most states in a previous post. I also pointed out that some owners and trainers are laughing their box off as to how easy it is for International horses even though the winner is owned by Australians.

Anecdotal evidence is pointing to less horses being bred in Australia and if recent horse sales are any indication, some of the lower priced stallions will disappear in 12 months time and we all know why. This correlates to our weak as water handicapping system and the ongoing purchase of International horses to fill the gap left by local breeders, trainers etc who cannot compete. There is a big difference between natural attrition and being forced out due to having to compete against a weak handicapping system, superior horses and 3-4 stallions holding sway in the breeding barn.

As Sam Kekovich would say “you know it makes sense”

+ Reply to Thread