Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    HRV's mini calendar on the home page of thetrots.com.au is still missing today (they may have had an excuse yesterday as there was no meetings)
    It is the most important thing on the page as it is how people access the fields directly
    I have emailed them, in the mean time you can either go to their calendar via racing tab or use the HRA site

ps Yesterday HRA's horse search would not take you from a Sires Progeny Summary page to lists of winners etc. They have assured me that they will fix it this morning
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Once again Belinda in HRV admin got back to me quickly saying she had forwarded to Communications
    but once again no reply from them
    For the whole day, the Warragul fields have not been front and centre on HRV's homepage
    and more than likely Shep tonight will not be either

I will put it bluntly - some people at HRV are falling down in their role

ps As they promised, HRA have the Sires Progeny Summary page of their Horse Search up and running again
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-03-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The whole website has gone down hill lately in my opinion. No trading ring, trial results take 4 or 5 days to show up if they even do. Still old news stories on front.

Why cant we have links to the trial replays as well ?

Wasn't the site recently sold off ?
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Field/mini calendar is now back on trots.com.au
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Feel for the Echuca club - IMO they did not get much for their buck, their $35,000 bucks as far as this year's Cup field

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#ECC07022001
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Am I the only one who would like to see the nasal strips plastered on some horses banned eg Im Sir Blake last night
    Our horses wear enough gear without defacing them further
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Am I the only one who would like to see the nasal strips plastered on some horses banned eg Im Sir Blake last night
    Our horses wear enough gear without defacing them further
    "Defacing" - really? Perhaps you need to talk to some race car engineers Kev. They might convince you about the importance of cold airflow into the engine as a fundamental means of improving performance. Nasal strips do the same for horses by ensuring the nostrils remain open. They are not an equine fashion accessory.

Note also Australasia's most successful stable, All Stars, seems to use them on every runner, not just from a performance view but also animal welfare. The reason you don't see them on every horse, I believe, is cost. If you have a horse racing from the Purdon-Rassmussen stable it's part of the deal.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    What will we do when it is proven that a Cathy Freeman type full body suit will shave seconds off a horses time
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    At the bottom of the main forum page you will see Currently Active Users which tells you who is online

You will notice it states

Most users ever online was 5,810, 4 Weeks Ago at 01:48 AM.

Users does not mean members but can anyone explain to me how/why we would have that many online at that time!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Get a Cathy Freeman suit for the horses, I suppose.

They are not performance enhancing drugs. As much as we oldies reminisce about hickory sulkies and leather harness and hopples that era has long passed.

Come to think of it, who other than Cathy wore that suit? I recall a similarly attired model in all the advertising material for the "new" Holden Monaro way back in 1968!

+ Reply to Thread