Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 111 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at the breeding of Summerhill 3yo first starter at Stawell tomorrow
    I am thinking you should be a trotter
    Peak DNK x Summerline (Sundon)
    so I investigate
    The trotters only started with the 4th dam Ahumai being mixed gaited
    The 5th dam is actually a full sister to the legendary Caduceus

I was also looking at the other first starter in the race Lynnes Me Girl and wondering why she was bred
    Her dam managed 1 third from 37 starts
    and her 2nd dam 3 seconds from 11 starts
    but this 2nd dam (by Muckalee Strike) is a half sis to the dam of NSW derby winner Denver Gift (by Muckalee Strike)
    so this is the light that they are hoping will shine through the pedigree one day

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...20#SWC12082006
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am sometimes guilty of suggesting collusion between stablemates and was half expecting to see it in R6 at Stawell today when The Bull Pen could not get the lead and dropped in for the sit behind Larajay Macray
    but even though Steam Punk is not only trained but also owned by the same connections it was not so, Larajay was not pressured by the Punk and was allowed to run a 65.4 first half before coming home in 56.2
    The Manning pair were the first two faves while Larajay was 3rd fav

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#SWC12082001
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    10yo mare Village Art took 5 secs off her best winning time on what was supposedly a slow track at Bendigo tonight when recording 1.53
    I reckon it was 4.5 secs faster than any time she has ever run too
    She did get the perfect sit behind flying leader Seemepearlywhites

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#BNC12082002
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    https://nationaltrotguide.com.au/pun...Lhq27k3n4BMdhk

Good ! Bring it to Aust.

Although I would have used the defence the horse had EPO in it in other races so the exposed form stayed true and correct...in which case the punter still made a dud selection.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was just looking up the winner of the last race run at Shep - Robbie Royale and I had to go to HRNZ to find out about his sire
    While I was there, I was reminded that it is that time of the year when Robbie Royale is 6yo in Aus but a 7yo in NZ
    Isn't it time that we got our heads together and made this uniform
    I know Covid as brought about a discussion on whether we should use a calendar year for the season all the time
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I can't help reading peterprofit's blog sometimes
    But I think he should be fairer when he pings trainers for implausible time improvements for horses
    He slammed the Cross stable for Bomb Suit winning in 1.52.7 yesterday saying the pacer had never previously broken 2 minutes
    BUT although its one winning time was 2.00.2, the horse had only ever had 6 starts and beaten by only a head in its first start, it would have recorded the same time as the winner, that being 1.55.6 (17mths earlier)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This article also suggests he may have gone a bit hard on Lazarus's US fertility as it states registrations work on a calendar year

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Laza...-looming-large
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    This article also suggests he may have gone a bit hard on Lazarus's US fertility as it states registrations work on a calendar year

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Laza...-looming-large
    A media response driven by the NSW Trotting Club or Club Menangle, whatever they call themselves these days. There is still plenty of conjecture as to how many foals on the ground Lazarus actually has and no proof, only projections, given by his promoters in this piece of hype. Regardless, Laz had problems that the stud and NSWHRC knew about earlier in the last breeding season but they kept taking bookings and left valuable mares empty (you don't send Shank's pony to him at ten grand). No doubt many breeders were burnt and feel, rightly, pissed off over the affair and the media release reeks of Frank Drebin's famous line "move along, nothing to see here" as the fireworks factory was exploring.

Which begs the question - how do NSWHRC members feel about their club diverting huge bucks away from its core business into this risky venture?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    How tight does a driver's helmet need to be?
    The reason I ask comes from R4 at Melton today
    You will see that Zac Phillips had to adjust his helmet 3 times due to Fanning, who was trailing him, pushing his helmet forward (over his eyes)
    Does something like this have the potential to cause a serious incident?

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...20#MXC07082005
    I must have had a premonition as today at Melton Emanuel Portelli lost his helmet during R2

Same thing as a week ago - the horse behind nudging his helmet

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MXC21082008

It occurs just before the bell to the horse in the 1x1
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-21-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I think Zac's helmet may have been knocked off a few years ago too, not sure but I've seen it happen before.
    The helmet should be tight enough so that your head pulls off before the helmet does !

I remember when I was a kid some drivers didn't bother to do them up and would go onto the track with a fag in their mouth !
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread