Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Metro Meeting

Junior Member Weanling desibg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

No Metro Meeting

I can't belive there is no metro meeting this week in Sydney. We have just had a horse (metro grade) come back after a long spell, and obvisuly need to race to pay the bills for the past few months but there is not a race to enter!

Why wouldn't they put a Menangle meet on Friday night, instead there is a Restricted meeting! With no disrespect to these horses because we also got a couple of this grade, but there are numerous race for these horses be it in the country, Newcastle or Menangle Monday.

triplev123
    Geeze that's a bit odd. I hadn't noticed. I wonder why?

triplev123
    Here's your explanation.
    Saturday night has had the decks cleared for the Empire Stallions Breeders Challenge Regional Finals at Parkes.
    http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=PK300711

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by desibg View Post
    I can't belive there is no metro meeting this week in Sydney. We have just had a horse (metro grade) come back after a long spell, and obvisuly need to race to pay the bills for the past few months but there is not a race to enter!

Why wouldn't they put a Menangle meet on Friday night, instead there is a Restricted meeting! With no disrespect to these horses because we also got a couple of this grade, but there are numerous race for these horses be it in the country, Newcastle or Menangle Monday.
    They have their cost's to pay as well travelling to the country areas to race why can't you race him in a restricted race Little fish are sweet to
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    yeah i'd love to have a metro class horse racing for 3k instead of 15k !!!!!!!!! unbelievable, i dont see why they can't race 2 meetings on the saturday night, they usually race twilight after the gallops anyway

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    So would i win a trial with prizemoney makes it a good trial

Real Name
    Unknown
    you've got to be joking greg, its not like these races are going to that much weaker, those metro horses all need to race somewhere... but instead they are being offered 3k..absolute joke they just made 150 mill and wont spend any of it

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    No not joking deadly serious sometimes you can't race for big money all the time so make hay while the sun shine's or do the metro horses only like racing in their own backyard's to try and get a return for the owner's

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Smithy

It very rarely happens that a club outside of Sydney has the opportunity to race for this type of money and i think it's great for the Parkes club to be able to do such a thing. They get this opportunity not only for the horses but also for the people of the central west so i think it is a great thing. People with metro horses will be able to race for good coin approx 50wks of the year surely one could understand this. Programming has been out for the last 7 wks so you or your trainer should of been aware of this and nominated your horse at Menangle during the wk or elsewhere.

Real Name
    Unknown
    why can't they run 2 meetings on saturday or switch it to friday? or twilight either day?

+ Reply to Thread