Thread: Queensland Race Fixing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Wonder why this isn't on HRA web site??

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    Same reason i wouldnt put up the name of the person involved protecting the guilty the sport is clean in there eyes.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have come to understand why none of the harness bodies would want to highlight bad news, I sometimes wonder*about posting it myself.
    What I want to see most of all, hopefully comes later - reports of successful disqualification of cheats. Not that that is any better publicity.
    Ultimately the only answer is measures that make it near impossible to cheat - I think that is what is behind the strict regulation of Hong Kong racing
    Unfortunately the world's fools and low life have the capacity to ruin many things for all of us
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    I think that it is better if the bad publicity gets maximum exposure via print or electronically.

The public has to know that;

1) People who break the rules are getting caught
    2) Harness racing authorities are indicating to all concerned that they are fair dinkum 100% committed to wiping out all cheats from the sport not just window dressing
    3) Those caught not only face long disqualifications from racing but are also dealt with by the law where it applies in the particular offence.

I think that if people know that cheats are getting caught, found guilty then getting the appropriate penalty they are more likely to be convinced to stay in the sport and also new people can get to be involved in the game knowing cheats are being eliminated.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    I think that it is better if the bad publicity gets maximum exposure via print or electronically.

The public has to know that;

1) People who break the rules are getting caught
    2) Harness racing authorities are indicating to all concerned that they are fair dinkum 100% committed to wiping out all cheats from the sport not just window dressing
    3) Those caught not only face long disqualifications from racing but are also dealt with by the law where it applies in the particular offence.

I think that if people know that cheats are getting caught, found guilty then getting the appropriate penalty they are more likely to be convinced to stay in the sport and also new people can get to be involved in the game knowing cheats are being eliminated.
    Hear, hear!

Whilst it may seem like bad news at first glance, it actually is good news that every thing possible is being done to ensure that our sport is clean and must be welcomed by anyone wanting to be involved in it in whatever way they choose.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Hi its Mark here , are you guys for real?. I don't mean to be disrespectful but there is no light at the end of the tunnel. There is no good news. People obviously don't want to join our sport the way it is & I think its too late anyway. I think too much has been lost to
    salvage it & I don't know of anyone willing to put the future of this sport in front of their own personal agenda. I believe that there will always be questions asked when an industry that is responsible for its own image is also responsible for policing itself. It's always seemed to be a huge contradiction to me .

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Steady on old chap!!! people come on here to give their opinions. You will find that if these cheats/criminals are rubbed out then the game will be better for it. Yes HRA do police themselves but just remember ,if you have been reading the posts over the last few years you will find that it is not just cheats/criminals ruining the game. It is the cost of breeding, general economic reasons, small trainers/owners being forced out, international horses winning shedfuls of money, the current handicapping system etc etc.

The good news tends to outweigh the bad in my opinion though. We all have agendas and I know quite a few people who try and put the sport in front but there needs to be a lot more doing that before things will change in some areas. There is no need to throw the towel in yet though we are not going as bad as Rugby union:0
    Last edited by teecee; 04-10-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Please stick to the issues and leave the personalities out of it Thanks

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I understand where both camps are coming from.
    I have only recently started to think along the lines of avoiding bad publicity - I think minimizing it until you have a positive result eg a lengthy conviction to go with it is where I am at now
    I think Mark was being fervent rather than disrespectful. He could have added that good harness news Never reaches the general public. We are like a bad suburb to the media - I taught in one of these supposed bad suburbs and crimes that happened everywhere were only news when they happened in our suburb but you never heard about any good things.
    I am not giving up but I have family heavily involved in the gallops world who have been telling me for years that harness has become irrelevant - I might need you to counter them Pat because at present I cannot argue with them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread