Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Queensland Race Fixing

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Kev, much to my disappointment I cant but give me harness racing any day over the gallops. Harness racing has always been the bad boy cousin to Gallops which is not called the sport of Kings for nothing. The difference between the 2 will never change. We are the Sunshine to the Toorak.
    Corruption/racefixing has been twice as bad in gallops and a lot more money involved. The recent court cases where 2 big time trainers and associates were found not guilty over cobalt issues must have given a few blood noses surely.

We are relying on administrators to fix up the harness racing system and I say system because it is more about other issues (see previous posts) than a couple of 2 bit cane toads fixing the odd race- I would guess the money involved in this would be less than $20,000. The underlying issues in harness racing have been discussed ad nauseum.

Everyone involved in harness racing has to stand up and be counted- I notice quite a few people grumble and moan and then throw the towel in and are lost to the industry, they have to stand up and have their say. I still have faith in the industry and will continue to breed/buy a horse where possible for the next 2 years. If the administrators cannot sort out the issues by then, I will start following pigeon racing-Might even buy myself a nice Blue Boy Perter Jonker cock apparently they are the Pigeon worlds equivalent to Bettors delight.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Might even buy myself a nice Blue Boy Perter Jonker cock apparently they are the Pigeon worlds equivalent to Bettors delight.

Hi Pat, at first I thought this was a great idea, so I started doing a bit of research but there is more in breeding pigeons than standerdbreds , long distance, short distance, middle distance but I'm not going to let it deter me. I'm going to start with a big old cranky grey one from Maitland showground. They are pretty fit already after being chased all day.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LOL Trish loves her homebreds
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Pigeon cheating scandal: champion bird in race from south of France never left its Oxfordshire loft

Eamon Kelly sent a second set of pigeons with other contestants as a decoy Credit: Getty Images (library photo)

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You're not even safe in Pigeon Racing..... may have to look into Solitaire!!

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Gawd- I think I tried to make that point in reply to Kev in a roundabout way. No sport no matter how minor has any number of rascals but using a decoy is a dastardly trick, has been tried before from memory and it was in the "Sport of Kings". I hope someone can cotton on to what I am saying.

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Finely the penny dropped

aussiebreno
    While I hate the cheats in our industry, at least there is a vocal crowd who stands up to the cheats, Whilst there are a few apologists for the Harness cheats, there are a heck of a lot of cheat apologists in the thoroughbreds. Facebook and twitter is hard reading in regards to James Macdonald, Damien Oliver, Gai Waterhouse indiscretions.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I missed this Harnesslink News reprint of an article from The North Queensland Register - they are clearly not happy

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...haul-announced
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-race-assaults

A man's anger over alleged race fixing at a Queensland harness racing track led to assaults on three drivers, a court has heard

I wouldn't think he could be taking exception to anything in Sir Rory's race on April 26 or August 12 as I cannot see anything in the April race and the back straight pressure in the August race was understandable after a 33 Quarter

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ld#APC26041606

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ld#APC12081603

There is plenty to contemplate in R5 on Oct 28 where the Gavin's had Hot Shot Anvil which I think is likely to be the most controversial of the 3 races in which they had starters

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ld#APC28101605
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ief-reassigned

"Queensland Racing Integrity Commission's integrity regulation unit head Norm Torpey has been permanently reassigned after an investigation into a misconduct complaint. Former police detective Joshua Elliot will manage the QRIC integrity unit while Torpey will be reassigned to the role as the senior harness racing steward, a position he has filled before."

It seems strange that you can be shifted from head of the Integrity Commission but still be OK to be a Steward
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread