Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Different Aspects to Programming

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    $ 15,000 race at Ballarat. 6 entries. 3 x Emma Stewart, a first starter and a horse unplaced in 4 starts. This is why 3yo Metros are not scheduled.
    There is a 2yo Classic on that program too and it also has only 6 entries with 3 x Peter Manning

https://www.harness.org.au/fields.cf...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    So in W.A a new go it alone handicapping system will be implemented in September. C and M class will be scrubbed and races will be programmed on win dollars won for each horse. 2yo and 3yo racing as per normal but dollars won implemented as the season rolls along. Other issues like the drop back rule to be addressed as it rolls out. Interesting times ahead for W.A with most industry participants positive but cautious about it. I believe its something pretty close to the programming in the States as it currently stands. Might take a while to see how it pans out..could be the way forward but we have to wait and see and hope that its better than the current system.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Wont be in place by September Big K but they have a few good ideas and will be looking after mares and local horses.

I am not convinced about the win/dollars method. It can be manipulated. e.g horse finishes 3rd in a NZ classic race and wins $12000 then flown over here and entered in local race worth $7k against local horses who have finished 3rd or whatever in an RO and picked up $450. A different level of ability, not a level playing field and that is where it is wrong. I don't believe any Australian racing body will put in rules or methods to prevent this happening. They haven't got the guts.

The dollars won method will work in the drop back rule- where if you finish 2nd 9 times in a row , you will be handicapped in some way either bumped up to a more competitive class or back row draw over 1700m - I am sure they will come up with a way of doing that.

Those concerned can forget about a one system fits all across Australia /NZ-it wont happen for various political reasons. It is getting like the railway gauge, every state has a different size gauge and never the twain shall meet. I thought HRA was going to have a strategy that made a level playing field across Australia. I must be mistaken or have misread the whole issue

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Wont be in place by September Big K but they have a few good ideas and will be looking after mares and local horses.

I am not convinced about the win/dollars method. It can be manipulated. e.g horse finishes 3rd in a NZ classic race and wins $12000 then flown over here and entered in local race worth $7k against local horses who have finished 3rd or whatever in an RO and picked up $450. A different level of ability, not a level playing field and that is where it is wrong. I don't believe any Australian racing body will put in rules or methods to prevent this happening. They haven't got the guts.
    Pat, I thought your NZ example is precisely what Big Kev's news would catch
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Be interesting to see how it pans out Kev, be good if we could get some feedback from Richard C as well to see how the HRA strategy is developing thus far.

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Be interesting to see how it pans out Kev, be good if we could get some feedback from Richard C as well to see how the HRA strategy is developing thus far.
    Hi Pat,
    I'm not sure if you're psychic, tapping my phone or it's co-incidence however a representative of HRA had the courtesy to give me a call and update.
    From their meetings with the states and around 6 other submissions, they've drafted a system that sounds like it has promise.
    They'll soon put out some brief comms to update participants. It seems that the IT integration will probably be the bottleneck in its time to inception. Let's hope that the states or HRA don't stuff it up with their programming or with exceptions etc. to appease a few at the expense of our primary customers.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    $ 15,000 race at Ballarat. 6 entries. 3 x Emma Stewart, a first starter and a horse unplaced in 4 starts. This is why 3yo Metros are not scheduled.
    Emma Stewart trained the winners of every race she had starters (all the pacing races) but could not make it 6 in a row despite having half the field in this one

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...A260517&ms=vic

Small fields can create an upset

Is Chris Alford injured, on holiday, suspended? (Vic's Suspended drivers list has not been updated for a couple of weeks - must not be anybody's regular responsibility)

ps Peter Manning couldn't win the 2yo where he had 60% of the field but he didn't have the long odds on fav
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-27-2017 at 03:09 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The field for the 30k 2yo Trot at Menangle on Saturday is now down to 4
    The Gp1 Trotters Derby only has 6. Then again, NSW just doesn't have the emphasis on trotters like Vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Emma Stewart trained the winners of every race she had starters (all the pacing races) but could not make it 6 in a row despite having half the field in this one

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...A260517&ms=vic

Small fields can create an upset

Is Chris Alford injured, on holiday, suspended? (Vic's Suspended drivers list has not been updated for a couple of weeks - must not be anybody's regular responsibility)

ps Peter Manning couldn't win the 2yo where he had 60% of the field but he didn't have the long odds on fav
    Half to Yankee Rockstar won the 2yo

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    In Sweden for Elitlop Kev

+ Reply to Thread