+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Different Aspects to Programming

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    On the 1200m racing

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-says-hrv-ceo/

It is good to hear from the CEO !

I hope it appeals to a new audience - we will have to see it reflected in turnover

I still think it is about making our races quicker (less of a footprint on Sky)

PP has pointed out that this is NOT why the greyhounds turnover is up But rather that they are running twice as many races!
    Think of the big/time lengthy gallops races - Cox Plate, Melbourne Cup etc etc
    Shorter races will definitely help with getting an audience who don't like the boring 60-90 seconds in middle section of 2100-2200m trots when nothing happens. Still a fan of more racing though. 9 race cards are better than 7 race cards etc.

Melbourne Cup is once a year. Rest of the year the gallops barely have races over 2000m+. Typical card 90% of races 1600m or less. Also - have a look at the rise of 1200m Everest and decline of Melbourne Cup in recent years.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am often complaining about the time between races but a lot of the time it has to be a long day for trainers/drivers

I saw Aaron Dunne had 3 in at Mildura today.
    For a start it is 3½ hrs from Horsham to Mildura
    He had one in R1 before midday, so he would have had to get there at 11am
    He did not have his next until R5 at 3pm so even with gearing up and gearing down, he would still have had 2hrs to kill - a long lunch maybe?
    Then his third starter was in R10 at 5.25 so once again well over an hour to kill - I wonder what is on offer for afternoon tea at Mildura?
    It could have been worse, his third starter could have been in R12 which would have added a further hour onto his day

At least it is a day meet but he would have been up at dawn, left for Mildura before 7.30am and won't be home till probably 9.30pm

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=ML210723
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good to see that Aaron won R10 - that would have improved the drive home
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We are now accepting 4 horse races

Look at the trot - R3 Melton on Saturday night
    Admittedly we have got 4 good trotters in it
    But the only way the race has stood up is by Brent Lilley putting an NR58 and a NR64 in a NR80+ race
    Because he has his champ Queen Elida as favourite
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maestro went around at YV today in a NR52+ and could only manage 4th - he definitely does not belong in the above race
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    He doesnt belong but how many NR80+ trotters currently in training in Victoria? Makes it hard for the NR100+ to get a race. Just another reason we should get rid of the trots!

Also how many people have whinged about lack of mares opportunities and we get 6 in a mares FFA for good prizemoney.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking for an outing tomorrow, I got excited to see it is Horsham trots tomorrow but that quickly dissipated when I saw that the time between races is often as not 40mins - I have not got that much time to waste
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Can we afford to program races for inexperienced trotters at Melton on a Saturday night?
    The start of R4 was a disgrace and would be a real turn off for those who had not seen it all before
    Tickets torn up for 4 of the 9 after 100m
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why start Maryborough at 1.17 today, resulting in the last not being until 6.27
    No doubt to do with some betting theory
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread