Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Different Aspects to Programming

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    There are any number of permutations that could be considered Wayne. I’ll stick by thinking the 2yo funds could be better spent encouraging more horses to the races by way of bonuses to prizemoney, though not necessarily as early as January as I think long term our juveniles and juvenile racing would be better of with a more condensed race season similar to NA. Could put some 2yo funds to having an early 3yo race series version that caters for later starting 2yos that race on as early 3yos and a later 3yo season series that caters more for those who started racing at 3.

Large first and second win bonuses is the route that Qld obviously consider best to stimulate breeding as that is the path they have taken. The Westbred bonus scheme pays a bonus on places as well as wins, and the bonus doubles if both sire and dam are resident in WA, so multiple options for Vic to “whiteboard” through.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I need convincing that holding the $24k Popular Alm Sprint and $14k Vin Knight Memorial on a Thursday night in winter is the best idea.
    If you do like the idea, I would have combined it with last week's Vicbred pacing heats rather than tonight's trotting heats as there are still plenty that don't follow the trotters

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=KI270619

ps I reckon the Bob Cain Memorial should be a $7k race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Kev, Saturday’s “metro” Melton meeting has been filled with Vicbred semis, displacing the horses that would ordinarily be racing there, they need somewhere to race, and those two races at Kilmore you mention, well I guess there it, they’re named after after Kilmore identities and I guess that’s why there at Kilmore. If they were last week they clash for the same horses going to Melton on the Saturday.

Of course it’s debatable if the Vicbred heats should be held on a Thursday night at Kilmore in the dead of winter at all, and I’m pretty sure those who would ordinarily race Melton “metro” on Saturday would probably have preferred a complete Melton programme switch to another track on the Friday night. Would have seemed an ideal opportunity to hold a “metro” meeting at a major regional centre close to harness current heartland.

I’m sure the racing office has been preoccupied with the introduction of the ratings system and writing programs for that, once that beds in hopefully they’ll have more time to devote to optimising other aspects of the programming.

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    [QUOTE=Messenger;59800]I need convincing that holding the $24k Popular Alm Sprint and $14k Vin Knight Memorial on a Thursday night in winter is the best idea.
    If you do like the idea, I would have combined it with last week's Vicbred pacing heats rather than tonight's trotting heats as there are still plenty that don't follow the trotters

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=KI270619

I'm pretty sure one of those races (I think the Bob Cain Memorial) was re-scheduled from earlier in the year when the meeting was abandoned

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think we were hoping for the Reg Withers to be rescheduled from the abandoned meet but finding a place for a 3yo feature was always going to be tricky once Vicbred was underway
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why is Mildura getting these $12k races for the same 10 or so horses every week.
    The only way I could justify it is if they are trying to encourage some new blood to head North

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MLC02122001
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is just wrong that the winner of R4 at Melton on Saturday will have Gp2 Black Type

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MXM01052107
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nowhere better to put this

New Jersey Sires Stakes for 3yo trotters today 2x $200k
    Their sires stakes rules must be strictly for NJ based sires only as all the runners in the colts and the fillies are either by Muscle Hill or Trixton
    I cannot imagine USofA import semen like we do
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I doubt Kilmore R4 being a 2yo Trot does anything for the Early Quaddie pool tonight
    Not that they had too many choices, with the only non Quaddie races being a 2yo Maiden and a 4yo+ Trot - I think I might have gone with the latter (mind you that race has had an unusual 5 scratchings but still a field of 8)

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#KIC10062107
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Another one of those $15k races at Mildura for horses that have never won a $15k race

What next a group race for horses that have never won a group race?

Ridiculous bloody nonsense that undermines horse performance records

http://www.harness.org.au/form.cfm?m...rc=MLC09072102
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread