+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Harness awards

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    The award is not given to the horse that people think is the best. It is given to the best performed horse of that year.

Im a HUGE Courageous Annie fan, but I dont think she can win it. She won only 1 race of note and didnt compete in any others.

Forever Gold besides winning QLD Oaks. won the triad and also placed in Gr 3 Gold coast Oaks
    Vertigal, besides winning Breeders Challenge was also placed in Gr 1 NSW and Aust Oaks.
    Baby Bling besides winning Aust Oaks, won Gr 3 Gold Coast Oaks and 4th in Qld Oaks

If Bellas Delight or AML win the breeders Crown, then i think they jump to the top of the class.

Junior Member Weanling macca11 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brittany Graham
    Courageous Annie did also win the group two garrards nursey pace and a 15 000 heat of the nsw oaks

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i missed the Seymour race - wish someone pointed that out earlier!

Well, that being the case she is now definitely the clubhouse leader IMO, having won a Gr1 and a Gr 2

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    So you're saying Darrel Graham is a liar. And that Graham cares more about sticking to lying then racing the next week in a Group 1 $75K races? LOL
    Courageous Annie was not beat on her merits in that race and thats final.
    That's right Breno. She wasn't. I understand she had some foot soreness & despite DG's best efforts was not at her best in that race by any stretch of the imagination. We've all seen her when she was at the top of her game. Lightning in a bottle.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    i missed the Seymour race - wish someone pointed that out earlier!

Well, that being the case she is now definitely the clubhouse leader IMO, having won a Gr1 and a Gr 2
    You're just getting old & forgetful mate. Don't be too hard on yourself.

One of the two QLD fillies should win it. CA was the superstar in the early part of the season but FG was the one really going places.

Having said that, if Bellas Delight wins the BC then it has to be a massive hope too.

Better Cover Lover - no hope.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    The award is not given to the horse that people think is the best. It is given to the best performed horse of that year.

Im a HUGE Courageous Annie fan, but I dont think she can win it. She won only 1 race of note and didnt compete in any others.

Forever Gold besides winning QLD Oaks. won the triad and also placed in Gr 3 Gold coast Oaks
    Vertigal, besides winning Breeders Challenge was also placed in Gr 1 NSW and Aust Oaks.
    Baby Bling besides winning Aust Oaks, won Gr 3 Gold Coast Oaks and 4th in Qld Oaks

If Bellas Delight or AML win the breeders Crown, then i think they jump to the top of the class.
    If bolded part was really the truth we wouldn't need voting; there would be a pre-determined formula involving No of wins, level of wins and prizemoney won. But alas its not; if there was a way to determine the best performed then there would be no debate. But there isn't. Subjective decision comes into this even if its against the rules.
    By the way; you must have some 2yos in mind if you think the 3yo fillies is the hardest, who do you think will win 2yos? Genuine question as last year it was pretty clearcut Royal Verdict.

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    So you're saying Darrel Graham is a liar. And that Graham cares more about sticking to lying then racing the next week in a Group 1 $75K races? LOL
    Courageous Annie was not beat on her merits in that race and thats final.
    please - they ran a first half half in 57 she was never winning that race.... who put the cart on her that night? who wanted to get the cart as close to the horse as possible? its no ones fault but their own - you can't go around saying that race has less merit because she has a half arsed excuse

2yr old depends on the ABC final imo

i personally think they shouldnt include races that exclude horses ie state bred races and focus on derbies, oaks and other classics open to all comers

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    please - they ran a first half half in 57 she was never winning that race.... who put the cart on her that night? who wanted to get the cart as close to the horse as possible? its no ones fault but their own - you can't go around saying that race has less merit because she has a half arsed excuse

2yr old depends on the ABC final imo

i personally think they shouldnt include races that exclude horses ie state bred races and focus on derbies, oaks and other classics open to all comers
    So you've deduced Darrel Graham and/or his strapper don't deserve 3yo filly of the year? I tend to agree.
    I never said the race and the winner (Baby Bling was it?) loses merit; I said Courageous Annie didn't lose on her merits.
    Half arsed excuse. Please. If it wasn't that bad the horse would have lined up and probably won $50K the next week (the average yearly wage). But you're right; its much better to go home and sulk and make excuses and lie and send a horse to the paddock then to continue on at the chance of winning an average years wage in 2 minutes.

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    im not saying they lied, im saying that you can't just have an excuse when you get beat, things happen in 99% of races

forever gold is a better horse then courageous annie imo - agree to disagree

+ Reply to Thread