Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Harness awards

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    How is the voting done on these award's is it picked by a panel on a point score system or who they think is the best ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    So you're saying Darrel Graham is a liar. And that Graham cares more about sticking to lying then racing the next week in a Group 1 $75K races? LOL
    Courageous Annie was not beat on her merits in that race and thats final.
    No one is saying that Darrel is a liar... he gave a reason for her poor performance. But on paper and paper only, it looks like she was taken on and she got beat. I do not feel trainer reasons for defeats should be taken into account when deciding awards. While Darrel is a great, honest bloke, some trainers are not and I think it's a dangerous precedent to set if reasons for defeats are taken into account when deciding awards. I mean who do you know who is telling the truth or telling a story to bolster up award/credibility claims - you would need to decide this for each an every nominee! Way too much discretion IMHO! What if one of the panel didn't like you! I think it should be strictly who won what and who they beat, purely what is on paper. It's a shame that Forever Gold didn't travel but I'm sure you'll find that she would have acquitted herself very well if she did. (Hopefully next year). I also can't wait for a Courageous Annie v Forever Gold match up and hope it is a true run and fair race with nothing going amiss

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by macca11 View Post
    The season is near drawing to a close. Who do we think will take out

- Australian horse of the year
    -Australian two year old of year (aswell as colt and filly)
    -Australian three year old of the year (aswell as colt and filly)
    -Australian trotter of the year.

Aswell as the state horses of the year?
    These are probably more sentimental votes, I haven't been following the races as much as a I normally would so I don't really feel qualified to comment, but anyway...

Smoken Up for HOTY. 1:48 yeehaa!
    The Arch Duchess for 2yo filly, she has been in almost every big race and travelled all over the countryside! Such an honest little filly.
    2yo colts I have not followed at all.
    Would like to see Excel Stride take 3yo colt honours as Lizzie is such a great person (yes, a biased answer).
    Forever Gold is the best 3yo filly in the land IMHO but is will seriously go against her not traveling interstate. If she didn't win it I would like to see Courageous Annie win it, such a remarkable training performance to keep her up and running those times with only 1 defeat. 2 stakes wins I believe.
    Let Me Thru for trotting HOTY.

I have been so busy with uni, haven't really followed them much this season.

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    agree with them but sushi sushi by streets in 3yr old of the year and he'll also get horse of the year after he wins the breeders crown

Flashing Red
    I just want to add, incase my post came across the wrong way, I do believe what Darrel said (heavens the horse got tipped out for a spell afterwards too!) as I personally know him and he is a great honest bloke. But I mean where do you draw the line? Not all trainers are like him. That's all (not intending to cause any offence).

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    No one is saying that Darrel is a liar... he gave a reason for her poor performance. But on paper and paper only, it looks like she was taken on and she got beat. I do not feel trainer reasons for defeats should be taken into account when deciding awards. While Darrel is a great, honest bloke, some trainers are not and I think it's a dangerous precedent to set if reasons for defeats are taken into account when deciding awards. I mean who do you know who is telling the truth or telling a story to bolster up award/credibility claims - you would need to decide this for each an every nominee! Way too much discretion IMHO! What if one of the panel didn't like you! I think it should be strictly who won what and who they beat, purely what is on paper. It's a shame that Forever Gold didn't travel but I'm sure you'll find that she would have acquitted herself very well if she did. (Hopefully next year). I also can't wait for a Courageous Annie v Forever Gold match up and hope it is a true run and fair race with nothing going amiss
    My reasons for Forever Gold not winning was because she was a fishbowl champion; I didn't say because I believe Courageous Annie would spank her.
    In a seperate point about Courageous Annie I said she had not been beat on her merits. When judging Courageous Annies credentials this can get taken into account as it isn't a direct comparison of who is a better horse; it is a sole judgement on the season of Courageous Annie.
    The other bloke tried to say Courageous Annie had been beat on her merits; which has nothing to do with the award and changed the goal posts of my argument. It is complete bullshit Courageous Annie got beat on her merits; whether this affects the award or not.
    The very reason I say Forever Gold can't win it as she was a fishbowl champion is because; as you said; you are guessing what she could have done throughout Australia.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    It is complete bullshit Courageous Annie got beat on her merits
    Did you form this opinion when her connections informed the public that she was hitting the sulky and over-raced? Or in comparision with her other runs of the season? Or some other reason?

And Smithy, you sound awfully familiar to a former poster here, old Buster!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    i think you have him nailed Flashing. he likes multi pseudonyms!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Did you form this opinion when her connections informed the public that she was hitting the sulky and over-raced? Or in comparision with her other runs of the season? Or some other reason?

And Smithy, you sound awfully familiar to a former poster here, old Buster!
    Beaten 40m says she raced below her form. Maybe she would have lost anyway I don't know, but beaten that far says she either lost a leg, Darrel Graham forgot to work her for the past month, Graham took the wrong horse to the race, or something went wrong eg hitting the cart. Of course something went wrong and if you (not you personally Flashing but people in general) can't accept that I feel very sorry for them as they obviously have lived a very hard life and havn't got over people lying ever since they found out Santa Claus wasn't real!

Flashing Red
    lmao! What? Santa Claus isn't real? I agree with you, (re Courageous Annie) anyway I don't know where I got it from, but I thought that there might be a chance she'd retire? I hope not - I'm a weirdo, yes, but I couldn't wait for the Forever Gold v Courageous Annie clash, it was such a let down with things going amiss. I was hoping there would be a round two! Just like I really enjoyed the Blacks A Fake v Mr Feelgood clashes (and Albion Park marketed (sp? Is there such a word Rhodes Scholar? lol) it perfectly!)

+ Reply to Thread