Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Upgraded Track at Stawell

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

The Upgraded Track at Stawell

Having just watched the first 2 races from Stawell, it appears that the re-cambered Stawell track gives more than the leader or the horse behind the leader a better chance of winning.

Observations I hope from Kev ...I guess you are there !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have made it for the last 4 and just met Nathan who has one in the next so hopefully we will get a report from him (he said the drivers' talk was good)
    In the 7th & 8th a horse has gone for home 400 out, breaking up the field, but Kerryn had Plain Baby in the 10 spot before pulling wide at the bell and going on to win
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have a feeling that the 3 posn horse is going to win even more races at the new Stawell as the new bends allow horses back in the field to put the pressure on earlier as they can actually make some ground around the top turn after the bell and not just down the back str. This makes it tougher for the leader but a dream for the sprint lane horse. I reckon enough openings for the sit horse would come without giving them the golden ticket
    Stawell track and lounge is looking pretty swish nowadays - congrats to the club
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Hi Kev. It was nice to meet face to face today. I thought the track was a good improvement. The surface itself was very good and you certainly notice the improvements to the camber of the turns. All the drivers I spoke to prior to my race were happy with the track.

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I have a feeling that the 3 posn horse is going to win even more races at the new Stawell as the new bends allow horses back in the field to put the pressure on earlier as they can actually make some ground around the top turn after the bell and not just down the back str. This makes it tougher for the leader but a dream for the sprint lane horse. I reckon enough openings for the sit horse would come without giving them the golden ticket
    Stawell track and lounge is looking pretty swish nowadays - congrats to the club
    As with all tracks Kev. More horses in every race would be a chance to get into the race without them. Get rid of them!

+ Reply to Thread