Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yonkers ban Pena: Could it happen here?

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Justice View Post
    this has absolutely nothing to do with any person mentioned here but i thought this info would be very helpful for persons general knowledge on here

LOC, there are several drugs out there that are totally undetectable or easily masked and easily bought - the only cost is the cost and damage it does to the horse long term

use google to research,
    aicar
    epo micro dosing
    CERA
    GW1516
    protease and epo
    autologous transfusions

that should be enough to keep everyone busy

but if your bored follow this link and translate it - pretty much says team BMC employee was caught importing epo just prior to the TDF (195 doses) supposedly for personal use!
    http://www.standaard.be/artikel/deta...5-807d1dc2bcb7
    Thank You for the post, makes for interesting reading.

I will be very suspicious of any trainers runners if I see him wearing a lab coat.

Junior Member Weanling desibg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Was speaking to a ex-participiant 2 weeks ago and he described harness racing in NSW as Tour De Menangle. Not sure if it is the real "Lance Justice" but his post is for all you do-gooders out there saying "innocent until proven guilty". when will you learn that the cheats are well ahead of stewards with technology, but you guys keep telling yourself that the paddocks in Cobbity are just really nutritious.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by desibg View Post
    Was speaking to a ex-participiant 2 weeks ago and he described harness racing in NSW as Tour De Menangle. Not sure if it is the real "Lance Justice" but his post is for all you do-gooders out there saying "innocent until proven guilty". when will you learn that the cheats are well ahead of stewards with technology, but you guys keep telling yourself that the paddocks in Cobbity are just really nutritious.
    Okay Desbig how would you implement this ! In your own words please.

Every trainer that has a winning streak is potentially facing a ban, " No proof required "

Not a case of being a " Do -Gooder ". If the penalty was a lifetime bad if caught doping, then no complaint from me, but you need proof. If the cheats are ahead of technology then its time to catch up.

In the thoroughbreds trainers such as TJ Smith, Bart Cummings, Lee Freedman have always been able to in most cases dramatically improve horses. Rogan Josh was a handy perth stayer and Bart won a Melbourne cup with him. All horses first checked for gastric ulcers with Bart.

Lee Freedman turned a handy stayer Makybe Diva into a superhorse, same with Miss Andretti turning her into a star sprinter. Does this mean that they should be banned !
    Last edited by Love Of Courage; 08-02-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Flashing Red
    Welcome Lance

Some of those drugs you mentioned, they are currently trying to develop tests for them in the US (GW1516 & aicar). It costs a lot of funding to develop these tests.

Furthermore, (and a general observation), before tests can be developed, the crux of the matter is that they need to know what they are testing for. So, if they don't know, how can they develop tests LOC

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Welcome Lance

Some of those drugs you mentioned, they are currently trying to develop tests for them in the US (GW1516 & aicar). It costs a lot of funding to develop these tests.

Furthermore, (and a general observation), before tests can be developed, the crux of the matter is that they need to know what they are testing for. So, if they don't know, how can they develop tests LOC
    Hello Flashing Red,

Thank you for the post ! Point Taken !

I just do not like the way that No proof Required.

I also do not like the way these events tarnish this great sport.

aussiebreno
    Just because it is ethical and moral (and actually the legal system) to give people the chance of innocent until proven guilty does not mean suspicions can't be about. But suspicions cannot be acted on without evidence. Desibg; if suspicions were acted on the industry would be a farce. I thought the world has moved on in the last 5000 years. Or did you wan't to go back to the days when witches were given a broomstick and had to leap off a cliff to certain death to prove their innocence?

You are being kind to Lee Freedman...I think Makybe won her first M Cup with her original trainer.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Just because it is ethical and moral (and actually the legal system) to give people the chance of innocent until proven guilty does not mean suspicions can't be about. But suspicions cannot be acted on without evidence.
    I agree, otherwise discretion plays too important a part and it then becomes who you know and who you're friends with in high up places.

triplev123
    I used to have a bit of laugh when the racecallers would whack off about 'the TJ Smith bone & muscle'. You only had to take a look at them, they way they were developed, the way that they behaved and the way they raced. I'll stand stuffed if much of it wasn't because old mate had cottoned onto Steroids & Hormones & Acid Buffers before anyone else had.

Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I used to have a bit of laugh when the racecallers would whack off about 'the TJ Smith bone & muscle'. You only had to take a look at them, they way they were developed, the way that they behaved and the way they raced. I'll stand stuffed if much of it wasn't because old mate had cottoned onto Steroids & Hormones & Acid Buffers before anyone else had.
    Hey VVV,

TJ was lucky enough to have the services of a top class vet in Percy Sykes. If the animal had any health issues Percy would be a great man to call on.

I find it amazing to watch people with horses, some people are natural horsemen and women and some are "NOT". John Size in sydney was another who seemed to come from nowhere and improve horses. Horses that had been good juveniles and their form as older horses dropped off. He was able to rejuvenate them. John went to Hong Kong and has won the premiership over there.

Johns attitude was he would rather have a 100 % horse happy and healthy and 70 % fit than the other way around. If the horse wants to race thats half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up, I understand where you are coming from and apologise
    Your good Flashing.

+ Reply to Thread