Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Julius Caesar

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Julius Caesar

For a sire who has only had 46 winners, from only 84 starters mind you, Julius Caesar had a VG day yesterday with 3 winners - 1 at Stawell and 2 at Shep

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#SWC10051704

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...P100517&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Yes, the perception is that he has had more winners than that because his name seems to pop up regularly but that was certainly a good day for that sire. He has had reasonable books but starting to drop off a bit now.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Looking at his stats, it would appear that his fertility could have been better
    He had better books when he was younger in NZ with 474 foals for 130 winners but only 1 topped $100k in NZ but see Oz stats below

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/i...FertilityStats

In Oz he had 251 foals but as mentioned in the earlier post, only 85 raced for 46 winners with his best Oz bred Mister Wickham who should pass $200k soon while his best NZ bred is Gaius Caesar who has won $550k and has converted to trotting at 10yrs of age!

His brother CC's fertility fell away but with 1717 foals for 881 winners, he was a gem.
    Christen Me was arguably his best but Stunin Cullen was his millionaire

I noticed that in Julius's four only race starts, all as a 2yo, he twice finished behind Roman Warrior who was one of Christian's top juveniles
    He ran second to that slouch Lennon in his other 2 starts
    What happened to Lennon - he never raced past 4yo?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Looking at his stats, it would appear that his fertility could have been better
    He had better books when he was younger in NZ with 474 foals for 130 winners but only 1 topped $100k in NZ but see Oz stats below

http://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/i...FertilityStats

In Oz he had 251 foals but as mentioned in the earlier post, only 85 raced for 46 winners with his best Oz bred Mister Wickham who should pass $200k soon while his best NZ bred is Gaius Caesar who has won $550k and has converted to trotting at 10yrs of age!

His brother CC's fertility fell away but with 1717 foals for 881 winners, he was a gem.
    Christen Me was arguably his best but Stunin Cullen was his millionaire

I noticed that in Julius's four only race starts, all as a 2yo, he twice finished behind Roman Warrior who was one of Christian's top juveniles
    He ran second to that slouch Lennon in his other 2 starts
    What happened to Lennon - he never raced past 4yo?
    Lennon raced on. Never reached heights of 2-3yo campaign but was a handy FFA in Victoria before going the US.

Think I recall reading Julius Caesar has poor fertility but can't quite be sure.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Julius Caesars fertility Has been fine in the past 2 seasons ranging between 75- 80 % mares in foal which is fair to good. He had a few lower years before that, serving smaller numbers in recent years could be the reason. I wouldn't let his fertility put you off breeding to him.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread