Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Queensland - What is going on?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Quite a few baling out now and not just in Queensland either.
    G'Day Pat,

Correct Pat, a lot of potential owners realise that the stake money in harness racing is a joke even greyhound races are worth more than harness races in Albion Park, Globe Derby and Tassy. It really is diabolical when you can make more money from greyhounds per capita than you can with harness racing unless you are fortunate enough to own an outstanding horse. How many 1 million dollar races in harness racing? answer 1 the ID final in Perth....what a joke. Stake money increase has lagged behind for years except for Menangle.

Harness racing in importance is now at the bottom behind thoroughbred and greyhounds and as more potential owners become less interested the more dire it will be for the racing code. I can see the demise of racing happening in Queensland and South Australia unless they can get immediate support from the states government and it's not looking very promising in the other states as well unless there is a substantial increase in stake money just to keep up with the greyhounds and to bring in new owners.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    They havent finished yet. Important thing about this task force is that they are investigating all three codes.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...-fixing-charge

Junior Member Foal mtee will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    chris bond

qld racing

in the last season i know of many members who have vacated the sport up here
    naturally they will not return. i blame the $1.00 tab for most of them leaving this sport when you back a horse you are guaranteed $1.00 dividend only How can you back a horse to get your money back as a divedend

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by mtee View Post
    in the last season i know of many members who have vacated the sport up here
    naturally they will not return. i blame the $1.00 tab for most of them leaving this sport when you back a horse you are guaranteed $1.00 dividend only How can you back a horse to get your money back as a divedend
    Hi Chris, I would not be surprised if losing money when long odds on favourites get beat, could cost us followers but I am not convinced as to whether getting $1.05 as opposed to $1.00 when you 'make the mistake' of backing something SUPER short would be the reason for losing people
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ipe-reinstated

Can you believe this load of tripe...

"In his judgment Bloomfield said there was a precedent case which showed some employment could withstand friction and doubts and that trust and confidence were concepts of degree"

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ipe-reinstated

Can you believe this load of tripe...

"In his judgment Bloomfield said there was a precedent case which showed some employment could withstand friction and doubts and that trust and confidence were concepts of degree"
    I feel for Commissioner Ross Barnett, you do however have to wonder whether the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission is an oxymoron
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    A long time coming but Stuart Hunter's trial starts in the Brisbane District Court today.

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Quee...-fraud-charges

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Stuart Hunter found not guilty of placing unfair bet
    November 13, 2020

A jury has found a Queensland harness racing identity did not have inside knowledge when he placed a winning bet on a horse.

Stuart Henderson Hunter, an industry veteran of over 30 years, was on trial in the Brisbane District Court after being charged with using knowledge of match fixing to place a bet on a Globe Derby Park race in South Australia on July 15, 2017.

Crown prosecutor Noel Needham claimed Mr. Hunter, 72, had put money on Holme on the River after being told by a horse owner that the gelding was going to be given a performance enhancing injection on the day of the race.

Mr. Hunter, of Redcliffe, pleaded not guilty to the single charge and this afternoon after a short deliberation the jury acquitted him.

+ Reply to Thread