Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

Rocknroll Hanover

Watch this space ladies and gents.

This story has more twists and turns than any Agatha Christie novel!

I do expect him to be available to Aust breeders...

triplev123
    I hope for all their sakes that he turns up Mightymo but until such time as he walks off the IRT charter you just never know. One hopes that they take more care unloading him than they did when loading Bettor Cover Lover.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    The further surprise is that he wont be standing at Warwick Stud...

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Mightymo & VVV

I think Mightymo should be a journalist or reporter with all your scoops !

VVV with your colourful phrase I think that you would make an excellent race caller. Ever done a race call I reckon it would be a beauty.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Just be sure they unload him into the correct Empire.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Just be sure they unload him into the correct Empire.
    You're good.

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    It's official.

he is standing at Empire Stallions at $12,500

Reckon we could make a really good movie on the effort to get him here!

triplev123

Here's the Press Release ex The Harness Edge

Blockbuster Aussie Deal For Rocknroll Hanover - EXCLUSIVE
    Aug 1

In what surely must be the most significant stallion deal ever struck by the southern hemisphere, Empire Stallions has leased leading sire Rocknroll Hanover for the upcoming breeding season.
    Operated by David James and Donna Egan, the Australian nursery will stand the 9-year-old Western Ideal son for a fee of AUS $12,500.
    "You're talking to about the happiest guy in the world right now," said James, who has just returned to the state of Victoria from his home in Middletown, New York.
    Although born in Canada, James had been an American-based bloodstock agent for many years before launching a breeding farm in Australia some 15 years ago.
    "I cannot say enough about Perretti Farms and their professionalism in this arrangement," James added. "It could not have gone better and I believe it is such a significant accomplishment for the breed.
    "Rocknroll Hanover has been a great sire in North America and never before has the very best from North America actually gone to either Australia or New Zealand. He's an unbelievably fertile horse and is tailor-made for the mares down there now including daughters of Bettors Delight, Art Major, Direct Scooter, Fake Left and a bunch of others. It really is remarkable so you can understand why we maybe slept two hours last night."
    Rocknroll Hanover has just his third crop of foals now racing but already has sired winners of over $20 million with 40 $100,000 earners.
    His arrival set for September 5 via New Zealand will give Empire Stallions a roster of 12 horses for the coming breeding season including Artistic Fella, Blissfull Hall, Four Starzzz Shark, and Tell All, among others.Rocknroll Hanover will return for the North American breeding season early next year.

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Thanks for the sly insight mighty mo. Do you think they have missed the boat on getting the best mares to his court. I'm sure a lot of quality mares are being committed elsewhere as they dither on rnrh. Any clues as to price, country/state he will stand in?

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    No one books specific mares in at this stage. At most breeders have made bookings into a stallion.

He will be in Vic.

Not sure as to price but im guessing it will be very similar to what was initially discussed bytn the other parties looking to stand him

+ Reply to Thread