Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rocknroll Hanover

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Safely Kept was a heavier hose as well i think and has done a great job RNRH should as well
    Geeze, now there's a memory Greg.
    SK sure was an ugly big bugger, shocked me when I first saw him. Very docile horse to the point of appearing as though he had been jammed with Ketamine. Would you believe he was actually wandering around in Alan's backyard at Alabar...boof head, heavy legs & feet, looked like a freaking Clydesdale...but for the most part he didn't seem to leave them that way. Holmes Hanover was the same sort of horse apparently. When he was still at Nevele R I can remember Uncle Bob saying that if you were going to breed a mare to Holmes, not to go and look at him. He had that real Tar Heel rawness about him. I've quite often had the same sort of reaction to seeing a stallion in the flesh for the first time as you can do when you see a Radio announcer's face for the 1st time. The mental picture you develop and the reality can often be poles apart. Same thing happened when I first met The Big Mile. I'd heard on the grapevine of his final furlong sprints down the grassed side of the outside fence and I expected an Asafa Powell style of bloke...but instead as it turned out he was built more like former Australian Rugby prop forward & Stone Cold hard man, Stan Pilecki...only sans the moustache.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yep i saw Holmes Hanover a very heavy horse had forgot about him also some horses that had Light Brigade up close as well.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey triple, great shot of Stan! The comparison with Safely Kept, Holmes Hanover and Stan is spot on! Only difference is Stan scared me.

nat
    Interesting to see Art Major Not listed as booked out, he has been listed booked out for the last few years before the service fee's had even gone out. I wonder how many owners are trying to back peddle out to go to R'N'R Hanover now ?

Junior Member Weanling mo cushla will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    stuart watt
    Occupation
    Breeder
    RNRH is advertised as $12,500 Frozen Semen on the Empire web site. Is that correct ?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I was just on the website and can't find RNRH on there as yet.

nat
    I'll second that Mango

Junior Member Weanling nowuseeme will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    michael spadaccini spadaccini
    Occupation
    bricklayer
    was talking to david at empire yesterday he is jumping over the moon

Junior Member Weanling mo cushla will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    stuart watt
    Occupation
    Breeder

Sires Index

Go to Sires index and click on RNRH. This directs you to Empire site.

nat
    See what you mean Mo, but with all things website about the industry there is one stud advertising him who supposedly don't have him and the one stud that supposedly has him hasn't anything on their own website but have advertised him in the national racing paper and this is the first I have seen on the Industry website not uncommon for getting it balls'd up.

It is easy to be uncertain you will properly get the truth here on this site before pens put to paper to sign the deal

+ Reply to Thread