Thread: Rocknroll Hanover

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    It's official.

he is standing at Empire Stallions at $12,500

Reckon we could make a really good movie on the effort to get him here!

triplev123

Here's the Press Release ex The Harness Edge

Blockbuster Aussie Deal For Rocknroll Hanover - EXCLUSIVE
    Aug 1

In what surely must be the most significant stallion deal ever struck by the southern hemisphere, Empire Stallions has leased leading sire Rocknroll Hanover for the upcoming breeding season.
    Operated by David James and Donna Egan, the Australian nursery will stand the 9-year-old Western Ideal son for a fee of AUS $12,500.
    "You're talking to about the happiest guy in the world right now," said James, who has just returned to the state of Victoria from his home in Middletown, New York.
    Although born in Canada, James had been an American-based bloodstock agent for many years before launching a breeding farm in Australia some 15 years ago.
    "I cannot say enough about Perretti Farms and their professionalism in this arrangement," James added. "It could not have gone better and I believe it is such a significant accomplishment for the breed.
    "Rocknroll Hanover has been a great sire in North America and never before has the very best from North America actually gone to either Australia or New Zealand. He's an unbelievably fertile horse and is tailor-made for the mares down there now including daughters of Bettors Delight, Art Major, Direct Scooter, Fake Left and a bunch of others. It really is remarkable so you can understand why we maybe slept two hours last night."
    Rocknroll Hanover has just his third crop of foals now racing but already has sired winners of over $20 million with 40 $100,000 earners.
    His arrival set for September 5 via New Zealand will give Empire Stallions a roster of 12 horses for the coming breeding season including Artistic Fella, Blissfull Hall, Four Starzzz Shark, and Tell All, among others.Rocknroll Hanover will return for the North American breeding season early next year.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I was wrong
    Last edited by mango; 08-02-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Has any anyone seen him from the picture's he look's like he's got a box head or is it just me.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Has any anyone seen him from the picture's he look's like he's got a box head or is it just me.
    It could just be you Greg but you are probably being a bit hard on yourself. I'm sure your head is not that bad

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    It could just be you Greg but you are probably being a bit hard on yourself. I'm sure your head is not that bad
    It is i've been told packed into too many scrum's ha ha

triplev123

Found some of pics on the internet for you Greg.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Thanks triple certainly not box headed in them but then not pony fired either will have to have a look when he get's here as in the flesh is best

triplev123
    Go have a look at him indeed. Good idea. From what I've been told, from looking at those pics and from what I can remember of him back when he was racing...he's a big, strong & powerfully built horse.

Btw...here's a good link to some paddock video of him. http://vimeo.com/22902893
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-04-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added video link

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Thank's triple his hindquarter is massive and his head suit's his body he look's a pretty heavy horse on that video but all in proportion

+ Reply to Thread