Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Rocknroll Hanover

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post
    I would agree big mare to Heaven smaller mare to Hanover. 15.3 ??? 15.1 closer to the mark. ??
    I agree. Unless his trainer and groom were the size of NBA stars. hehehe!

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    On my way to Melbourne this week to see my Thoroughbred stallion and i am going to pop in and check out Rock N Roll Hanover while in the area. I have booked in 3 mares this season to him and was speaking to David this week who said the horse traveled well , looks in terrific shape and is a dream to handle with a great nature. I am also keen to check out Artistic Fella for some of my other broodmares this year , he looks like a nice horse and i have heard good reports.

triplev123

Artistic Fella

G'day Montana,
    We only bred the 1 Artistic Fella (now a yearling) & given the quality of that foal and of those that I've seen to date, in retrospect I think it would have been nice to have bred a few more of them. On the strength of ours we'll be going back again. It's an early maturing, tall, long bodied, well conformed/balanced, intelligent individual, overall a really good style of horse. I think trainers will like them and as an owner/breeder I think you will like what you see too.
    Up close & personal he is very impressive. If you get a chance to do so, go stand squarely behind him & drop down a bit to around the level of where the Nthn. Hemisphere drivers would be. You'll wonder how in the hell his driver, Cat Manzi, was able to see where he was going. Very powerful.

Here's a link to one of his Youtube promo videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoX-...eature=related
    It was only loaded up very recently (mid August 2011)
    I love Mike Hamilton's comment late in the stretch in the 2007 Open Breeders Crown from Mohawk...
    "from off cover Lis Mara trying to fire but all Sears is getting is spinning wheels".
    Last edited by triplev123; 09-18-2011 at 06:08 PM.

triplev123
    Btw...I was a Lis Mara fan until I saw Artistic Fella deal to him on a number of occasions.

Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    thanks triple i will definitely take a look from the drivers angle. hopefully they might have some young ones at the stud from AF.

Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    I have to say Rock N Roll Hanover is as you would expect an awesome looking horse , so strong and the sheer power in his rear end is incredible , awesome neck , just an all round great looking horse with a kind nature and extremely easy horse to handle . He looks in fantastic order and you wouldnt know he has just traveled , i wouldn't hesitate in recommending him to anyone that is looking for a top end stallion ( not that he needs recommending ) .

While we were there we saw Artistic Fella and he is as nice a horse as you would ever see , big strong horse also with a good nature , i think he is exceptional value at his current price around the 4k mark , i liked him so much i have decided to send a few mares to him i wasnt going to breed to this year . I think he is going to do the job when his foals hit the ground. You are right triple he is huge from behind and without standing them side by side is a slightly bigger horse than RocknRoll but a little finer.

David and Donna are really nice people with a very nice well established property , good sized yards and the place is immaculate and safe , my wife and i really enjoyed our time meeting them and we are looking forward to doing business with them for years to come.

the whole experience was a pleasure and it really does make a difference seeing the stallions up close in person , you just instantly picture your mare standing right next to him and really found myself visualizing what sort of foal it will bring , it was really an unexpected thought process but a rewarding one.

Just wish all my 2 year old fillies were a few years older now !

cheers

dean

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Thank's for your insight Montana very informative to really know what they're like.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread