Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forum Stats

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    lol you nailed me!
    I hope he at least arrived with flowers & took you out to dinner first.

Flashing Red
    lmao! Bet that rubbed some the wrong way! Just like a number of NZers I know think Australian's can't claim Phar Lap as their own. hehehe

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    lol you nailed me!

No, in all seriousness, it's just the usual Kiwi-Aussie rivalry! Just like it use to peeve me off in the USA, they check and confirm your gear every start (someone walks around with a clipboard) when they called my white neck straps "New Zealand neck straps". I tried to tell them that they were from Australia not New Zealand so that would make them "Australian neck straps". They ignored me. lol.
    I was in Oregon last year and after asking where we were from the girl at the gas station complemented us on our really great English. We just said thank you as an explanation looked like it would take a while
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I was Oregon last year and after asking where we were from the girl at the gas station complemented us on our really great English. We just said thank you as an explanation looked like it would take a while
    Hahahaha classic. Or is that hehehehe clissac....

triplev123
    I was in Oregon last year and after asking where we were from the girl at the gas station complemented us on our really great English. We just said thank you as an explanation looked like it would take a while
    Hahahahaha. You'd be amazed by the amount of luggage out of LAx that gets labled up to go to Austria...instead of Australia.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I hope he at least arrived with flowers & took you out to dinner first.
    Can't believe I missed this you perv!!

Flashing Red
    I went to a drug store in Jersey and was asking where I would find the Ichthaomol (sp?) for one of my horses that had an abscess... anyways after telling her all about this filly, she had a blank look on her face and then said to me "I love your accent!" The thing is she didn't take in a word I had to say and I had to repeat myself all over again. lol. I got the "are you English" a lot too. It's funny I don't think Aussie and Kiwi accents sound English at all, but then I have trouble telling Canadian and American accents apart and they are suppose to be chalk and cheese too.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I lived overseas for a number of years and instead of having to leave the country and re-enter to extend the temporary visa every three months I applied for a residency.
    Had to send lots of paper work, passport, etc
    It worked, I received the official papers and the passport..... my nationality AUSTRIA?

The police did ask if I speak any English. Never have
    Last edited by justdoit; 08-04-2011 at 10:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread