+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nalder welcomes back Renaissance Man

triplev123

Nalder welcomes back Renaissance Man

03 August 2011
    by Greg Hayes

Rob Nalder.

Harness Racing New South Wales board member Rob Nalder cannot hide his excitement with his multiple Group 1 winner Renaissance Man returning to the racetrack at Tabcorp Park Melton on Friday night. The son of Art Major has not raced since February and has spent ten weeks resting at Yirribee Stud but is now ready to return to his best.
    “It’s great to have him back and Andy Gath tells me that he is going really well and he still has his head screwed on at this stage of his preparation” Nalder said.
    “He is a strange horse because away from the track he is an absolute gentleman, docile and placid but as soon as he gets the gig on off goes his head and on goes a pumpkin!”
    After enjoying stellar two and three year old seasons there was some talk that Renaissance Man could be retired to stud at the end of his four year old campaign but Nalder has confirmed that he will definitely race on for at least another twelve months.
    “He’s still got a bit to prove I think and if he performs as well as I know he can then he is going to be competitive in a number of feature races coming up, starting with the Breeders Crown four year old series later this month.”
    “Renaissance Man has had a long slow preparation, there is nothing more Andy and Kate could have done with him this time in so I am hoping he can perform extremely well this week, unfortunately due to work commitments I won’t be able to attend this Friday night but I will be there to watch him after that, he is a very special horse to me.”
    Nalder freely admits the decision to take on the best in the country last campaign was too much for Renaissance Man.
    “We ended up spelling him last time because he had just gone over the top and I take a fair bit of the blame for that because I was the one that wanted to race the good ones in the best races when he wasn’t seasoned enough to deal with the pressure.”
    “The break has done him the world of good.”
    Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.
    To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name: Dale Walker
    Position: Marketing Manager
    Phone: (02) 9722 6600
    Email: dwalker@hrnsw.com.au
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-03-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Changed pic back from Our Dawn. I've annoyed him enough.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Classic

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I have a lot of respect for what Renaissance Man has done in his career. The trouble is that you never know what is going on in his head until after a race starts. Sometimes he looks like a star and other times he is completely crazy. Hope that this season they might be able to work him out , or he finally gets his head together , so that he can live up to his undoubted potential.

Concerning his stud future , although he is well bred and has some top class siblings , I'd be a little hesitant in sending my mares to him. Just a very personal opinion , but I feel that he will not be too well supported. I hear on the "grapevine" that early feelers are already out to some owners of wellbred mares for his first season at stud , but the approaches have been met with a frosty response :-( Let's see what he can do this season on the track.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Just had a look at his record and his pedigree. Race record looks good, a very nice family with plenty of quality horses.

As far as a stud career goes I agree you would like him to see him do well this season and perhaps see him go a very fast mile at menangle. At this stage I would imagine he could get 60 - 80 mares at around $ 1500 + gst.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Mate that pic was a classic, you must be going soft in your old age.

triplev123
    Wicked speed, grabs on hard & charges when he wants to use it and his driver does not. I wonder if they've ever thought of putting G. Sugars up? He has great hands and the horse may well relax for him.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hey Triple

Mate that pic was a classic, you must be going soft in your old age.
    Picked it in one Mango. Picked it in one. I've become a handbag.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post
    Just had a look at his record and his pedigree. Race record looks good, a very nice family with plenty of quality horses.

As far as a stud career goes I agree you would like him to see him do well this season and perhaps see him go a very fast mile at menangle. At this stage I would imagine he could get 60 - 80 mares at around $ 1500 + gst.
    He has wicked point to point speed LOC. More zip than the Roadrunner.

triplev123
    By the way...see the look of disdain on Rob's face in that picture?
    It was taken at the NSW Breeders Challenge Finals and during his speech Rob looked up and towards the right hand rear of the marquee and noticed John Coffey whacking into a HUGE slab of Blueberry Cheesecake that he'd secured from the desert buffe'.
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-03-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Of Courage View Post

Speaking of new sires , I am REALLY looking forward to getting a look at some of the Skyvalley foals in the coming year. Simply a brilliant trotter on the track and must have just about the best pedigree of any harness horse here in Oz.

I would love to have shares in him :-) Ticks all the boxes as far as I am concerned. Love the juvenile trotters , so maybe one might find it's way in my direction in a year or so :-)

+ Reply to Thread