Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VIC change to COT policy

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

VIC change to COT policy

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=33925

The intended notification of driving tactics provided by connections, approved by Stewards and then publicly declared are to be confined to either one of the following options:

Further forward at the start;
    Further back at the start;
    More aggressively after the start;
    Less aggressively after the start.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nobody has commented on HRA giving COT the flick

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=37265

HRA Members Approve Deletion of 'Change of Tactics' Rule
    15 May 2018

HRA Members today approved the deletion of Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 44 relating to Tactics
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    There has been a lot of talk about this on twitter with some big punters not being happy about it. As an owner I am happy to see it go, tactics should always be confidential.
    The biggest problem with the rule was inconsistent enforcement by stewards. As an example I have been following a horse lately that in it's last 10 starts it has been driven further back 8 times and driven forward from the gate 2 times. Not once has it had a COT put in and not once have stewards commented or fined the trainer. The same horses previous trainer was fined several times for not putting in a COT. So punters , owners and drivers really were never certain if other horses were going to stick to their usual tactic.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Confidential is good in my IMHO and yes the COT wasn’t being policed correctly
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-18-2018 at 04:04 PM.

aussiebreno
    Brilliant.

One of the fun things that go in to the reading of a race include what you think drivers will do. If some punters are so incapable of making a judgement on what you think is best for the horse and what the driver you will do consider something else to spend money on. (Sometimes the driver will stuff up but at least if you've done the form you have some level of credibility hurling abuse from the armchair!)

From an owners/trainers view as well, could you imagine the AFLs best forward Charlie Curnow telling his opponent when and where he is about to lead to! Bizarre!

As long as stewards are capable (which is itself a problem) any suss tactics should be dealt with harshly.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Are you chasing brownie points Brendan? One day I hope Charlie will be the AFL's best forward. At this stage I would compare him to a Derby winner looking like he could be a future Inter winner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Are you chasing brownie points Brendan? One day I hope Charlie will be the AFL's best forward. At this stage I would compare him to a Derby winner looking like he could be a future Inter winner
    A Poster Boy ! ��

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    No brownie points Kev, I am a Carlton fan too!

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    One would hope this STUPID rule gets the flick across the board the imbeciles who facilitated its installment had the vision of a wombat at noon.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I love your way with words Dan

+ Reply to Thread