Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gold coast race 4 3rd of august

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control

Gold coast race 4 3rd of august

Just watching the replays from last night and this race really stood out.
    D.Graham had 2 horses engaged one being the $1.50 favorite the other $6.80 3rd favorite.
    Adam Richardson down the straight looks like he was gonna kick back on the inside and win only for him not to use the whip but just sit there and seemingly not give his horse the greatest chance but let the well supported stablemate beat him by half a neck.
    Interested to see others thoughts on the race
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...C030811&ms=qld

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    A deadset disgrace!!! I can understand why Richardson did it. Darrel's his boss and its in his best interest to keep his boss happy but that was a disgrace. Wonder why people dont bet on trots?!?! That horse has won its last two on saturday night at Albion, goes around $6. Dare say alot of punters in pubs like to have there lazy $10 on horses like that. It they seen that or got beat on that they would be spewing!

It was bloody obvious too. Ran along in the death (nothing wrong with that might I add the horse races that way) than he sees Darrel flying around and thinks "He's got me but I better give this horse one on the arse to make sure it looks like Im trying." To his surprise the horse found something and if he gave it 3 or 4 more on the rump it would have won. Have a look at the strangle hold he has on the horse with his left hand. I am not the only person with this view, people who were standing on the fence at the gold coast last night have said to me that it was clearly obvious and if he doesnt get 6 months there is something wrong.

I know Darrel's owner is on this forum and alot of people on here follow his horses with interest and support him. Rightly so aswell, he puts alot of money into the industry and brings alot of exitement to QLD harness racing with his horses (Lanercost etc). Also before people use the argument of myself trying to slag the industry and "pocket talking," I lost $8 on the race. Hardly anything to get upset about.

Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    I think darrel and montana are fantastic industry participants but that race just really stuck out like a sore thumb. I didnt have a bet on the race and i believe sign to inverell is a fantastic horse but on that run should of been beaten. Knowing that the same connections own both horses im sure it doesnt upset the owner as much because either way he gets the same amount of prizemoney, but its those few people that are at the pub that slap a $20 on the horse that runs second that then turn away from the sport. Greg hayes is always saying we need to look after the punters and this is a prime example where action needs to be taken.

Junior Member Weanling macca11 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brittany Graham
    Well supported??? A 1.20 out to a 1.50.... It would be different if caesar supreme was 6.00 to 4.00 PLEASE

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    At my first glance I thought you might have been a bit over the top Remmington. But after a couple of looks, you can actually see his left arn (holding the reins) pull back. Can see him doing a bit of time there.

That was a disgrace. Unfortunately it happens far too much but I see the QLD stewards picked it up and are asking questions. Not that asking questions ever amonuts to much. In NSW they wouldn't have actioned that at all. Too busy looking for whip infringements and what time your float arrives in the carpark.

Junior Member Foal The Charioteer will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Punter
    It was just rude. Got odds of 20.0 for Caesar Supreme on Betfair so cost me a nice collect. It may have been a different driver when he won his previous start but it least there was some vigour and about 13 cracks with the whip up the straight to make sure he got home. If driven with similar vigour he would have won for sure and certain.

At least the stipes aren't blind and we will hear more about this.

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Yeah I wonder why he was $20 on betfair .....

Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    im asking the same thing dazza

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Looked like he tried to pull his head sideway's at the line
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

+ Reply to Thread