Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On the subject of those C0 to C5 $25,000 Finals at Menangle...

triplev123

On the subject of those C0 to C5 $25,000 Finals at Menangle...

...Under 3. HANDICAPPING PENALTIES GENERAL

Rule 3.1 (b) (iv), covers them.
    Although probably better read in the context of the entire section I can't get the damned thing to copy & paste for some reason so, to save everyone the trouble of looking it up, the specific section reads as follows...
    (iv) a special race approved by the Controlling Body with no stakemoney restriction for Pacers classified C0 to C5 (inclusive) or for Trotters classified T0 or better.

aussiebreno
    Ahh..whats this post all about lol?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    It's to do with the EI races we were talking about before where horses were graded differentially in each state geez you've got a short memory
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

aussiebreno
    Yes that's what I thought, just want confirmation before I dig up a reply because its a new thread.

triplev123
    Sorry Breno, I couldn't find the relevant thread to tie it intofor ....my eyes are dim, I cannot see, I did not (at the time) have my specs with me. Ok, so they're sunnies. It's the best I could do.

aussiebreno
    Sitting in the car the other day down the main street of Wagga. A ute pulls up alongside me and two men get out, the driver aged in his 30s and the passenger in his 60s; most likely father and son. The father says "Oh yeah I see it; its over there" and points down the road 3 quarters of a block away. They promptly walk into Specsavers (a little stalker on my behalf). I thought to myself what the hell are you going in there for.....
    Which begs the question; do people have trouble finding their specs? I believe there are some stewards in NSW in desperate need of said specs but can't seem to find the bloody shop.

Anyway, maybe in the greater context it says something relating to my point. My point being; yes independent controlling bodys aka HRNSW can schedule races outside of the normal penalty for prizemoney but does this mean that the other states have to adhere to the different penalty HRNSW sets? Possibly rules three says so. But that rule 19 that I dug up somewhere says to me that despite independed state controlling bodys changing things around that HRA and the other states must apply penalties based on the normal prizemoney penalty. I'll go have a quick read of rule 3.1 etc.

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Yes that's what I thought, just want confirmation before I dig up a reply because its a new thread.
    No worries
    Just found it under Penrith's off again post no 84
    Last edited by Greg Hando; 08-05-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: added info

aussiebreno
    Thats not to say you are wrong with the short memory thing though!

Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Nup
    While on the rules it give's me the shit's when someone has a better than average 3yo and say win's 5 or 6 3yo races he come's out a c3 or higher my way of thinking he should come out a co by doing this it give's the owner more chance of a return some good 3yo's find it hard and don't adapt well to all age racing that well, if he come's out a c4 or 5 he might not well win another race .Were not talking about Lombo pocket Watch or the top liner's here just the good horses that might win 4 or 5 age race's
    What are people's thought's on this

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Nup
    While on the rules it give's me the shit's when someone has a better than average 3yo and say win's 5 or 6 3yo races he come's out a c3 or higher my way of thinking he should come out a co by doing this it give's the owner more chance of a return some good 3yo's find it hard and don't adapt well to all age racing that well, if he come's out a c4 or 5 he might not well win another race .Were not talking about Lombo pocket Watch or the top liner's here just the good horses that might win 4 or 5 age race's
    What are people's thought's on this
    Im a fence sitter on that one. I definetely see what you have written and see it as correct. But then on the other side of the coin we have the horses that kept getting beat by the good ones as a 3yo, then as a 4yo they still have to race against them again.

+ Reply to Thread