Thread: Suggestions for Sire for my Broodmare

Junior Member Yearling figgy1 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Fiona Figgest
    Horses
    In Sin City.....and far to many more..

Smile Suggestions for Sire for my Broodmare

Hi,
    Am looking for suggestions on a good cross for my broodmare for this coming season.? She is a Betters Delight mare called Cotton Row, her first foal has qualified by Mach Three, 2nd is Yearling and 3rd Weanling both by Rock n Roll Dance. After a suggestion that would be commercial for Sales and/or a great cross non-commercial also.
    Look forward to hearing.....
    Cheers
    Fiona

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    somebeachsomewhere has got a couple of nice ones from BD mares

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Can you get Follow The Stars in NZ?
    Could be worth a gamble - interesting looking pedigree
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Fiona Figgest
    Horses
    Not sure if we will get Follow The Stars here, will see if comes out in Sires book? Thought of SBSW but we tried Captaintreacherous last season without getting in foal and I heard SBSW can be difficult as well? Was thinking Pet Rock, Always B Miki, Heston Blue Chip, Well Said, Western Terror and Art Major? I don't know much about the crosses and don't know if it is wise to go to another son of Rocknroll Hanover as she has had 2 foals by A Rocknroll Dance..?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is what a match with Follow The Stars looks like Fiona
    McCardle is an obvious who has worked with the family without being sensational

Let me know if the attached image does not work
    Attached Files
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Fiona Figgest
    Horses
    Thank you, could be interesting....I was thinking Tin Tin if we were keeping one for ourselves.

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Follow the Stars is based in WA and looks like staying there and to my knowledge does not do frozen semen.

The other similar one to Follow the stars is For a Reason which is based in NSW and has a Cam fella line

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Quote Originally Posted by figgy1 View Post
    Hi,
    Am looking for suggestions on a good cross for my broodmare for this coming season.? She is a Betters Delight mare called Cotton Row, her first foal has qualified by Mach Three, 2nd is Yearling and 3rd Weanling both by Rock n Roll Dance. After a suggestion that would be commercial for Sales and/or a great cross non-commercial also.
    Look forward to hearing.....
    Cheers
    Fiona
    My thoughts for what they are worth. Probably very little, but use the HRA on line profile for some historical breeding's.

But please consider confirmation of mare VS stallion.

I would look at Art major, sportswriter, modern art. The artplace/ (jate Lobell) no nukes over bettors delight cross.

Sunshine Beach may be the SBSW, Artsplace/Jate lobell (no nukes ) cross that pulls it together

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by figgy1 View Post
    Not sure if we will get Follow The Stars here, will see if comes out in Sires book? Thought of SBSW but we tried Captaintreacherous last season without getting in foal and I heard SBSW can be difficult as well? Was thinking Pet Rock, Always B Miki, Heston Blue Chip, Well Said, Western Terror and Art Major? I don't know much about the crosses and don't know if it is wise to go to another son of Rocknroll Hanover as she has had 2 foals by A Rocknroll Dance..?
    I think Art Major would be a good option Fiona. He has been such a great proven stallion for such a long time, his offspring generally look good and sell well.
    All the stallions you listed have good credentials but Art Major is the safest bet IMO.

Real Name
    Fiona Figgest
    Horses
    Hi Trevor,
    Yes, sort of thinking the same although I have been told he is full but I have put on a list.....

+ Reply to Thread